It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists uncover pre-Christian temple in Norway

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

one persons bashing is another persons exposee

did you miss the christain ordained destruction of the mayan codexes
the theft of their gold and silver
and the enslavement of their people
was that christian bashing too?

or the reference to christianifcation
was that christian bashing as well?

is pointing out the "INFALLIBLE" pope just admitted Galileo was right the earth does go round the sun a couple of years ago
is pointing that out christian bashing too?

but pagan bashing is OK?

edit on 18-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Azadok
I was reading the article in your post and man how funny is the writers conclusion as stated above . The site was dismantled and covered over to protect it from the Christian hoards , talk about being biased against Christians to the point they develope a whole story to explain a dig site based on absolutely no evidence to back his claims wow.

By the looks of things, history bears out the fact that Christian Kings brutally suppressed the old faiths....and vice versa, of course, until the new God had a firm foothold on the land. Don't take it personally, but conversion to Christianity was generally a little more coercive than an invitation to tea, eh?

You both have good points, I think. Azadok is correct that it is not conclusive that this is the reason the site was covered. However, Johnny Canuck is also correct that Christian and Pagan kings were rather brutal. In the old days, when a king converted, all of the people were converted de facto. When a king refused, rejected, or converted back, the people were expected to all become pagan. One could argue that their culture didn't change so much except where religion came into play. One could also arge that territory and people would likely have been taken over no matter if they were pagan, Christian, or all the same faith. At least this was the main impression I received a year or so back when I read up on religion in that area. Many times, the people themselves would dismantle their temples to become Christians- but secretly still practice their old religion (and vice versa).
edit on 18-3-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

Very astute observations LeSigh I thank you for that balanced perspective

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
as the OP I am of the opinion bashing the author for his or her other books is a topic for another thread,a si basjhing the wkipedia authors as well for their historical christian bashing. also you will have to take on all the christians who are bashing each other too....

bash her for this one and maybe the archaeologists who are excavating the site..and maybe try to deal with the references stated in suport of the authors conclusion with a little class

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

reply to post by longjohnbritches

If there was not this Christian angle would we even be talking about this? I seriously doubt we would be. Could very well be why it is in there in the first place because i am not seeing any evidence.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

The evidence you should bring forward is at the end of the article.
There is a blurb about the reporter. In my opinion she is a zionist shill.

She is:

en.wikipedia.org...

She has made a whole career off of writing about Christianity. All she is doing here though is repeating what the original article states. Would have saved us all a lot of time if the OP would have linked to the original article.

I would be more willing to cut him some slack because i really dont bother reading tabloids. Even reading the original article just brings up that four letter word called fact.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

What did you think I was putting you on?
Now for the kicker. While all the bashers are hiding in the corner with embaressment. Notice how they got off your back.
Go back and keep posting parts of that link so every one can read it.
These bashers won't read it, so expose them with it by posting it.
It will be cute to see what happens.
the best

If people believe everything they read it is because they want to believe. It is everyones right to believe what they want but shouldn't we ask for proof? Why do they get so angry when asked for proof? As if i am supposed to believe everything said. I think that the days of false claims are coming to an end. People are just demanding proof and claims require evidence.

So basically if it adheres to their beliefs then i can say just about anything and it is accepted. It is unusual for people to get angry for asking for proof, evidence and facts. But we are no longer the unwashed masses. We read, we learn, we ask questions. If someone does not like this then that is just too bad.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

when I was asking you for proof a reference something and you had your knockers in a knot
isn't that alittle hypocritical of a sermon?

would a good rousing muslim bashing put me back in your good books

and WHERE IS YOUR REFUTATION OF THE AUTHORS "CHRISTIAN BASHING"?
ahhh we are supposed to take your word

well no wonder ut always falls back to KILL THE UNBELIEVERS!
ask the Irish how well that has worked out for them after all this time

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I'm Norwegian and have been following all the biggest newspapers for ten years. Not once have I heard the OP's story mentioned on VG, Nettavisen, Dagbladet +++. Not once.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
as the OP I am of the opinion bashing the author for his or her other books is a topic for another thread,a si basjhing the wkipedia authors as well for their historical christian bashing. also you will have to take on all the christians who are bashing each other too....

bash her for this one and maybe the archaeologists who are excavating the site..and maybe try to deal with the references stated in suport of the authors conclusion with a little class

Um...excuse me but who is bashing?

We cannot be critical?

We cannot ask questions?

No, it seems to me you have some real bias issues and if it was not this it would be something else.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Apparently you do not like this, but you are going to have to get used to this. We are not sheep at the trough.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom

I'm Norwegian and have been following all the biggest newspapers for ten years. Not once have I heard the OP's story mentioned on VG, Nettavisen, Dagbladet +++. Not once.

the original article is in NORSE as are the archaeologists

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

We cannot be critical?

We cannot ask questions?

No, it seems to me you have some real bias issues and if it was not this it would be something else.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Apparently you do not like this, but you are going to have to get used to this. We are not sheep at the trough.

I asked you to back up your opinions in the spirit of ATS and you had your "Knockers in a knot" and refused but you want to wear the shoe on the other foot and then moralize
that is hypocrical no?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
if you want to bash the authors opinion
fine
state the opinion you disagree with
then prove its wrong

where have you done that?
SHOW ME!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

We cannot be critical?

We cannot ask questions?

I asked you to back up your opinions in the spirit of ATS and you had your "Knockers in a knot" and refused but you want to wear the shoe on the other foot and then moralize
that is hypocrical no?

I already stated that it is not my responsibility to prove or disprove the claims made in the article. I asked for some proof, any proof and you got insulted. By your own words here asking questions and asking for proof is something that should be terminated/ disallowed.

Not if we want to learn and grow as intellectuals though.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

fine
then prove its wrong

SHOW ME!

That is not how things work though.

If i tell you i have a little green elf locked in a box but dont have the key to let him out. Then i demand proof that there is no green elf in the box or else we are to assume that since you cannot prove there is nor green elf then ther is a green elf in the box.

Is this normal to you?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom

Hi Auricom
How are you?
The VG, Nettavision and others are they your local media?
Have you read much of the thread? What do you think?
thank you ljb

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

fine
then prove its wrong

SHOW ME!

That is not how things work though.

If i tell you i have a little green elf locked in a box but dont have the key to let him out. Then i demand proof that there is no green elf in the box or else we are to assume that since you cannot prove there is nor green elf then ther is a green elf in the box.

Is this normal to you?

here at ATS the accepted decorum is if you make a statement the readers have a right to ask
link please
to not do that while demanding others do so is considered bad form at best
hypocritical at worst
go ahead ask anyone

have you not noticed the HOAX bin?
for those that make unsubstantiated claims etc

my favourite christians tell me to be a hypocrit is the worst sin of all
methinks you give christians a bad name all by your self by behaving so

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

ps instead of litttle green man why didn't you say christ?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
the author
better known as Acharya which means something like "Hindu teacher"
Author of The Christ Conspiracy, The Greatest Story Ever Sold
She thinks Christ is a faberication
Check out "Stellar House Publishing" on the web.
Shoot just Google her. She has made a career of bashing not only Christians
but Christ himself.
Anyone on this thread that would deny this?

Well maybe she just verbaly desecrates, hypothesizes, impunes and attacks Christianity.
posters that parrot her conjectur without proof are the bashers
edit on 18-3-2012 by longjohnbritches because: forgot to spell better

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Actually it was covered by some major norwegian news outlets (in norwegian)

www.aftenposten.no...

www.adressa.no...

Pics included

This link vindheim.wordpress.com... ( a blog entry by some local politician ) is quite informative and non-sensationalistic. Sadly the location of the find is to become a construction site. It is already approved with no chance of being cancelled.

Apparently the original builders moved the entire "Ve" to Iceland. The christening of Norway was macabre, convert or die basically

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yall are acting like little schoolgirls.
What a waste of a good thread.
Im surprised the mods havnt shut it down.
The way you guys are bickering is an example of what really holds ats back.
Congrats.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If anyone has an actual interest in the find (not christian-bashing and bickering) this 13-page document (in danish) describes the site pretty well. Some nice pics included

www.transpersonlig.no...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join