It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists uncover pre-Christian temple in Norway

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I could see from your previous posts elsewhere that you have good knowledge of archeology. My only question to you is do you know where I can get some Salt codfish from that's reasonably priced? One local to your area using traditional methods.

got fish?

well, there...
eastcoaters and vikings agree
salt cod rocks!
(or so I am told)

edit on 19-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I could see from your previous posts elsewhere that you have good knowledge of archeology. My only question to you is do you know where I can get some Salt codfish from that's reasonably priced? One local to your area using traditional methods.

Sorry...last salt cod I laid my hands on (at least on the mainland) my neighbour's brother had sent him from The Rock. Fish n' brewis...mmmm.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Danbones

Why thank you

I have to say, my purpose wasn't Christian bashing, more pointing out that all cultures have taken over or demolished the holy places of other religions and cultures. I was merely demonstrating this to those Christians on this thread who seemed to not want to know or believe that even Christians were capable of this.

So, were you refering to the fact that Christians help Zionists kill Palistenians?
edit on 19-3-2012 by longjohnbritches because: mistake

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Haha, not accusing you of Christian bashing (although others appear to be!
) - merely pointing out that wasn't MY intention.

I was also putting it out there before i got abuse from so called Christians (say so called because what about turning the other cheek?) for daring to say (and demonstrate) that this sort of thing goes on all over the world and throughout history.

Historically speaking, most things were absorbed or rebuilt (whether it be cities or churches,etc) unless there was a significant reason not to - an example being the Mongol destruction of the City of Herat and the subsequent pyramid of human skulls they left there. That was to serve as a warning to other cities / states not to turn against the Mongols. However, this type of action was very rare.

A more common approach was to keep buildings, towns, etc and if it was a religious building, to rededicate it to a god of their choice.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Why thank you

I have to say, my purpose wasn't Christian bashing, more pointing out that all cultures have taken over or demolished the holy places of other religions and cultures. I was merely demonstrating this to those Christians on this thread who seemed to not want to know or believe that even Christians were capable of this.

So were you refering the fact that Christians help Zionists kill Palistenians? ait is like the Christians

now where did he say anything like that
you are putting dirty words into somebody elses mouth
that
is trolling

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I thought your posts have been right on topic
and I took no offence
I was explaining in a blanket way that your posts on this htread are entirely acceptable

good point about the mongols
they certainly were masters at conqure and control...

edit on 19-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

You high jack a post ment for bones.

please..
stop with the instigation
again

JC, whether I agree with a point or a disgree, is always welcome on any thread I OP
his motives conform to the highest standard expected on ATS.
He certainly has contributed valuable content and insite to this thread

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Why thank you

So were you refering the fact that Christians help Zionists kill Palistenians? ait is like the Christians

now where did he say anything like that
you are putting dirty words into somebody elses mouth
that
is trolling

Is it not trolling when one jumps on anothers post.
like Johnny did to yours.
The one he helped you duck?
I put no words in anyones mouth.
I asked a question. Show me how that is trolling.
And what is dirty about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

If you look on the NutritionData .com at the properties of Salt Codfish, you will be amazed. My father taught me to eat it and he said it's a medicine for many things. I asked him how I know when to eat it and all he said is "you'll know" I'm just beginning to understand what he meant. It's the type of mineral salt it forms.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Why thank you

So, were you refering to the fact that Christians help Zionists kill Palistenians?

That's a fact? I didn't know that.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Get out of this thread, Christians.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

i thought trolls were pagans???
ooops silly me

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Awwwww, bless his little heart, he's starving. Here ya go little fella:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Why thank you

That's a fact? I didn't know that.

Hi noture
You are just jokeing right?
Do you read newspapers? Watch TV? Get current news from the interwebzz?
It is going on in REAL LIFE right now.
Just like in the op but the op is BS. just myth cooked up by some wacky Hindu mystic.
Google
Do Christian taxpayers support the murderous invasion and destruction of Palistinians, thier homes and civic buildings inorder for the Isrealies to build thier shacks on them? It is no joke my freind
edit on 19-3-2012 by longjohnbritches because: left out a crutial word

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
This is a pretty cool story, i'm glad to see the temple was saved and is being studied. Learning how ancients lived is always fascinating for me.

I am curious as to what have you learned from this?

Something tells me there is nothing there that can show us anything.

Do you think Pagans sacrificed animals in religious ceremonies?

I would also be interested in seeing the evidence for this or is this merely folklore? I have to say that it could be or just probably is folklore.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Nice find of a newspaper report Danbones, I noted the parallel with Gobelki tepe, in the purposeful burying of a site. I wonder if the GT people did the same to protect it from unfriendly others too?

I see the thread has fallen into a religious war....
edit on 19/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Nice report Danbones, I noted the parallel with Gobelki tepe, in the purposeful burying of a site. I wonder if the GT people did the same to protect it from unfriendly others too?

I see the thread has fallen into a religious war....

Hi hans,
Unfortunatly, there is no report. I have asked him for one. All he does is keep going on about what some Mystic Hindu writter THINKS a find in Norway represents.
You really need to check out some of the links.
the best ljb

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
John,

What links?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

I was referring to the newspaper article I have edited my reply to be more precise

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
John,

What links?

1-Well, the op mystic lady rag sheet.
2-The link to the outfit she owns or partners in.
3-The link to her bio
Oh and the (lack of a link) to any supportive Archeology.
(LACK OF A LINK sounds kinda nice) Bones weakest link lol
If you can't find them I could possibly bring them foward from back in the thread.
My computer was given to me by my sister and her kids haven't showed me all the ropes yet.
Didn't you help get one of those revealing links posted up?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join