It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic in the streets?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

I see what you did there

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by koder

Im asking around on facebook to see if anyone else has seen this behavior anywhere.

Ok, just a quick question. Why is it, you are against carrying around a cell/mobile phone, with camera option which could easily support this thread yet you have no problem "jumping on facebook", which is more heavily monitored and tracked than any other program on the web?
Doesn't sound quite right if you ask me.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by koder

Panic in the streets?

(visit the link for the full news article)

I don't see a post . . . not even from the "quote" side of things. What's up with that?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
(...) could very well be the beginning of The Global Zombie Apocalypse!

Greetings:

Not the dreaded GZA!!!!

We just checked the local filling station and, Yumpin' Yehosophat, all the cars were putting in gas as fast as it would flow and, yes, their vehicles - (GASP!) most of them SUV's and Jeeps - were full of bug-out items, tents, backpacks, suitcases, firewood, guns, even lots of beer and food! And the occupants were inside the shack that poses as a gas station filling their faces as if there was no tomorrow!

Maybe they know something.

We’ll attempt communication.

We managed to sneak a shot while some lady rummaged seemingly everywhere in that vehicle for diapers.

Closer to our position, we gingerly approached this bear of a person looking like Sasquatch's brother, tattoos obliterating all exposed skin, and managed to bleat out, "Where y'all goin'?"

He turned his head (we wondered how that was accomplished as it appeared to have no neck) and through breath that would puke a junk yard dog off a garbage truck, snarled, "If'n it's anything to ya, Squirt, we're g’wan beyond where the road ends."

In the blink of an eye, it all became perfectly clear.
We remember the signs...

And being forced by the piss-poor economy to be able to afford to carry only a few one-dollar bills at any one time. Don't recall when we last embraced a sawbuck...

There is something definitely up!

The OP is right!

Head for them thar hills!!

We who live here in the backwoods of North Georgia heard that the significant other’s FEMA friend told the trout who told the worm who told the fishmonger, "Let's all get together and hold an "exercise" in the New Madrid Region; BTW, bring your tanks and personal weapons.

Now that our interest was piqued, we decided to follow and see where the end of his road was.

We took the main road out of town under a HAARP-free sky.

Out of the fog materialized another obviously frazzled impatient evacuee attempting a repack of her vehicle alongside the road.

Of course, gentlepersons that we are, we stopped and rendered assistance, as we are well recognized, peer-reviewed professional packers with umpteen years of hands-on experience. Solved her problem right quick and got a tip to boot.

Psst. Wanna buy a barely-used turquoise suitcase? How about a red-and-white polka-dot rolling portmanteau?

We followed them over hill and dale, but we knew a shortcut.

Finally, their caravan stopped and off-loaded, their “end of the road” reached. There they are! Obviously, all thoughts of “civilization” far from their minds as the sensory overload grips their reality. (Notice 4th generation holographic 3-D helmut on seat of personal 2-wheel escape pod in foreground.)

Peace at last.

Wow!

Getting caught up in the frenzy and because it looks so good, we thinks that we might just scamper home, load up and bug out ourselves, just to be safe, in case that nut esteemed member in the Midwest is anywhere close to being right... :shk:

What’s that you say?

”Why leave where we are?”

Oh, right.

We “evacuated” from where we were to our little corner of the world here 15 years ago.

Darn this crowded big-city life. Time to leave.

And here we are: Rabun County, Georgia.

One neat feature is a choice of school systems for those unfortunate enough not to be home-schooled.

Another feature illuminates the rushing crystal-clear rivers here - great fun with our Bandit or
Old Town Appalachian (what else?).

Home, home on the range, where llamas and beefalo roam...

The road to Black Rock Mountain.

Rabun Militia secret HQ (with HAARP-blocking transmitter disguised as steeple) in the old church in Wolffork Valley.

Wolffork Valley, awaiting your pleasure.

Stonewall Falls.

Father and son with bait fish.

Quite unlike that photo you sent us last summer of your “catch” in the Ann Arbor sewer system. Hope you were able to climb up the ladder to daylight and at least hook a street-sweeping job. Did you finally fillet and eat that thing? How was it with A-1?

Let it rain.

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

edit on 18/3/2012 by thorfourwinds because: color

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

No, I have seen no St. Patricks Day Festivities here. The ghetto has no use for green colors and beer from anything not in an aluminum can. =P

WHOA, WAIT A SEC!!

[color=limegreen]WHY dont the ghetto folks like GREEN on St Patrick's day, HUH??!! Thats RACISM against the Irish!!

RACISTS!!!!!!

HEY, the RACE-CARD works BOTH ways.

edit on 18-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Sounds to me like Koder is from either Gary, East Chicago (IN) or Hammond, did say ghetto after all, I've been staying in Whiting (I'm from Chicago IL), not quite ghetto yet here in Whiting but it's getting there.

It is just a fluke, lots of people going out and about cause of the warm weather.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This is the perfect example of making things up...or going on a fishing expedition for stars and flags.Or an example of extreme paranoia.I'm going with the latter though.You say you're in the northeast..then you say you're in Indiana...make up your mind...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Manhater

That would infer im willing to carry around a human tracking device 24/7. No thanks. No cell phones here.

proves the point of my last post.Extremely paranoid.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Damn KOOK threads!

There should be a law against them.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It's spring break, school's out, college students going home/on vacation, families doing the same.

Not a huge surprise to me. Any campuses nearby? Airports? Campgrounds?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This thread actually has nothing but the rantings of a person without any details as to where they are, where these people are going, or any proof of anything. Really man? You saw a bunch of people filling up at a gas station and they have a lot of stuff in their cars? Really? You come here and make a post about an exodus but really have nothing to back it up.. no pictures, no details as to where you are.. nothing.

Yet this post keeps getting S&Fed.. so confused.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
We're panicking from this thread about panicking!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
OP, we get a lot of doom threads here. Its easy to get caught up in it all, and start looking for anything that seems odd. If things really start to go bad, I believe we would hear from quite a few members. Members here are very good at keeping us informed about things going on. Sure, yours could have been the start of something bad, but its not unusual unless many members are reporting similar. I like to think we members would hear, and know to prepare and bug-out, long before it became impossible to evacuate. So do post, but don't panic unless other members are reporting too. Thats part of why we joined, keeping a watch out for each other.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I haven't read the thread yet but this made me think of the day a few weeks ago when I was on the way home from work. There was a huge traffic jam and as I got closer to the cause I saw that traffic was having to be directed due to people trying to get to the gas station on the corner.

Of course my first thought was, "Oh no, something big is going on and everyone is trying to get their tanks filled."

When I got home I saw on the news that Ellen DeGeneres was in town giving out free gas for a couple hours at that station.

So, hopefully when the time comes for reals, we will know. I just thought it was funny that my first thought was SHTF!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I take my previous post back. He didn't say anything really big, just asked a question regarding traffic and packed cars. There have been times where I've seen this as well - gas stations full, cars packed, and I'm just gonna guess it's a lot of road trips happening in the normal "leave now, drive all night" pattern.

Don't think it's going down just yet bro.

peace

Lordy I used to hate that cr*p when I was a kid. Every long car trip, my father, or my grandfather, would wake us kids at 3 or 4 in the morning so they could hit the road early before traffic hit. *yawn* Wake me when we get there....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by dalemcfad

I feel like that too, and I hear it at times from other married men with children. For me, I'm still battling bad depression, and I think it's remnants of suicidal thoughts. Weird, I have suicidal thoughts that involve the SHingTF so basically my thoughts are for everybody.....

Point is, sometimes it's stressful being head of household... I wanna switch places with my 1.5 year old daughter at times. lol

edit on 17-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

Who knows, that could explain why my hubs left after 17 years. He claimed he didn't "love me" anymore and hadn't for 6 years. That he wanted a divorce when we renewed our vows 6 years ago but never said anything. Coward. What, are all you guys having a mid-life crises at the same time? I don't know, if more of you are thinking of leaving your families, does that increase my dating field, or decrease? Just curious....

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by koder

I would have already been gone if the people I love would believe me! NORTHWEST is the way to GO if you can afford to..Best Wishes! Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by koder

I would have already been gone if the people I love would believe me! NORTHWEST is the way to GO if you can afford to..Best Wishes! Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota

Not for me. The warmer the better. I spent almost half my life in New York State and every winter I had to deal with the S swear word....SNOW. Quick, run for the South, it's warmer down there....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join