It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyclone warning for Queensland after Lua batters West Australian coast with

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Cyclone warning for Queensland after Lua batters West Australian coast with

www.news.com.au

WEST Australian residents were warned to take shelter in the strongest, safest part of their homes or in the closest welfare centre as Cyclone Lua battered the coast overnight.
A CYCLONE warning has been issued for far north Queensland, with winds expected to reach up to 170km/h today.

The Bureau of Meteorology said a tropical low currently centred on Cape York Peninsula is expected to travel westward during Sunday, where it may develop into a cyclone over Sunday night.

Read more: www.news.com.au...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
twitter.com...#!/BreakingNews" target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Looks like a bad one, hope everyone down there is ok and prepared for this. Was it expected? I just clocked the news story on Twitter there. I have looked for more links to this. Can anyone else keep updates on this. Thanks.
I have also added in a link to the BBC Weather. This will give vital news updates should this get worse.

I think its a time to just hope and pray this isnt to bad.

Prayers given

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
this is why i love this website.

its like a bunch of secret good guys getting together and sharing interesting ideas and information.

like 4chan, but not as ****ing crazy.

Lol.

peace.

and thanks for the warning bout teh high winds and rain and such.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Both of these storms are in sparsely populated areas, not saying that no one is affected but not like the storms of last year in Queensland that hit hundreds of thousands. In saying that though the cyclone in the gulf is dumping a massive amount of rain on the east coast and my pool has been overflowing for the last week.

Plus Aussies are tough and it takes more than a bit of rain and wind to break us.

top topics

join