It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunboat diplomacy: America launches Persian Gulf surge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
More ships are expected to be sent over seas to the Persian Gulf.

RT News: Gunboat diplomacy.

I guess this concerns me more and more as the final chess pieces move into position. War is imminent at least in my mind.

Its unfortunate that the big guy on the block is a bully. But I guess thats always been the case for us humans.
edit on 17-3-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
you can only push someone just so far into a corner before they need to strike back.

and if their is no strike back, one will be invented.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yes,, the run up is full swing toward war.......theres no mistaking the number of ships sent or getting orders to go.....
I am glad that the US is putting more small boats in the water too....these gatling armed boats will be superior to the Irani s armed with an rpg and machine gun on mount type weapons......
The Small boats of the US will be able to outrange the patrol crafts weapons and hopefully keep them stood off a ways....and out of short missile range....
The Iranians count heavily of overwhelming ship defenses with multi munitions......
The US has some new gadgets they say will take care of that.......
Lets see hopw good they are...theyll be up against some of the newest and best russia has to offer including the yhakontz and sunburn anti ship missiles.....
These have a range of up to two hundred miles i believe....shorter for the sunburn...but not a lot.....
These and the weapons they have made from back engineering samples of weaponry they liked and could get their hands on, may give the navy some hairy moments....and could even sink ships in the right circumstances......
Say a surprise attack of a thousand missiles at once....could happen if they feel its justifyed and no more diplomatic moves will alter the situation......
These people are very good generals and strategists too......
They will try to come at us in ways we are not ready for.......Oblique warfare.......

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Funny how nations that have been attacked the past two decades had no Navy, well a Navy of considerable size. Anyone brave enough to talk about it ?
edit on 17-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

well both countries surrounding Iran are land locked and probably have no need for a navy, plus Pakistan/ Afghan boarder is also inland.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
the other world players are moving their pieces into place too.
There will be a war and not because we said so.

new topics

top topics

join