It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama signs Executive Order allowing for control over all US resources

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

President Obama signs Executive Order allowing for control over all US resources

www.examiner.com

On March 16th, President Obama signed a new Executive Order which expands upon a prior order issued in 1950 for Disaster Preparedness, and gives the office of the President complete control over all the resources in the United States in times of war or emergency.

The National Defense Resources Preparedness order gives the Executive Branch the power to control and allocate energy, production, transportation, food, and even water resources by decree under the auspices of national defense and national security.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.whitehouse.gov
e dit on 17-3-2012 by MrRamblinRose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Looks like Obama is abusing his Executive Order power again. This is yet another threat to our liberties forcefully passed by our power hungry leaders, and judging by how governments have been controlling natural disaster situations, i'm not so sure this will end well. This could have some serious repercussions if the power is abused. I also included a link to the official Executive Order

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-3-2012 by MrRamblinRose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Sweet our dictator just got sovereignty over all our resources!

But I in general if there was some epic disaster I suppose the best option in order to ensure the race of the human species would be to take control of resources and save all the smart people. But this could go south for war productions...
edit on 3/17/2012 by CommandoRenegade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same thing that was enforced during wwII?

If so, this is an interesting development. All signs point to ww3...
edit on 17-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRamblinRose

The government needs this power to make sure the elite gets all the resources for when the shtf because only the good Americans need to be saved.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
HOW AWESOME!!
BarryO is a prepper too!
In the event of a catastrophe, why prep when I can send my army to take what is yours!
He must be getting ready for the end.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So whoever the president is it apparently is to their favor for America to at war or in a state of war, correct?

I am reading this right, aren't I?

No war = President has a lot less.
War = President haz all the things.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
everything he has done, since the beginning, is preparing for something.
what that is..we dont know..yet.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
He needs to be stopped.

I sure hope the impeachment goes through

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Seriously? See what happens when no body stands up for the people of the USA anymore. This crap happens. I think its time to start cleaning our guns.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Early morning I saw another thread about it. Can't remember the name, but this has been already posted.

EDIT : I found it :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods : It's up to you now.

edit on 17-3-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The last paragraph in the article.

The Obama administration appears to be preparing for a long drawn out war in the Middle East, or at the very least, an expected crisis that will require the need to override Constitutional authority and claim dominion over all resources in the United States under the guise of national defense. With the rise in Disaster Preparedness growing for both individuals and states leading up to yesterday's Executive Order, the mood of the nation points strongly towards some event or disaster that will require massive preparations on a national as well as local scale.

War with Iran
Yellowstone caldera eruption
Massive solar flares
Worldwide depression
New Madrid earthquake
...?

edit on 17-3-2012 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i think its gonna be iran tht obama is gonna go after with EVERYTHING he can.. if that war is started i can almost guarantee its gonna be WWIII. The rats are leaving the sinking ship already, the worlds falling apart. America is swirling the toilet because of crazy politicians and gov... we need a revolution badly

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CommandoRenegade

I suppose the best option in order to ensure the race of the human species would be to take control of resources and save all the smart people.

Politicians and the rich don't constitute the smartest people in the human species. There are a lot smarter people who never get recognized in today's world.By doing this they will only ensure the survival of the psychopaths and
the greedy.The cold hearted and the killers. The worst aspects of human behaviour. That is not a legacy I would like to see humanity carry on into the future. People from all walks need to be in control of their own food and survivability to ensure a good cross section of humanity makes it into the next century.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Does this also mean the people as a resource as well ?

"Section 101. Purpose. This order delegates authorities and addresses national defense resource policies and programs under the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (the "Act").

(b) assess on an ongoing basis the capability of the domestic industrial and technological base to satisfy requirements in peacetime and times of national emergency, specifically evaluating the availability of the most critical resource and production sources, including subcontractors and suppliers, materials, skilled labor, and professional and technical personnel; - White House"

If so this does not bode well.
Time to make preparations?

Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

This is disturbing for two reasons, 1) Obviously gives Washington DC even more power and control, and 2) this could mean Washington DC is gearing up for a major world conflict (ie, Iran)

Hopefully, the Examiner is full of it
. I do enjoy that website for their UFO articles. And as it turns out, they are not full of it

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=820411
edit on 17-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

This cr*p has GOT to stop. ARGH!!!!!!

S&F for you for finding this.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
Seriously? See what happens when no body stands up for the people of the USA anymore. This crap happens. I think its time to start cleaning our guns.

Mine have been clean for a long time.

Something is coming.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue

not to disagree with your sentiments cause I don't
i think its time to get em dirty

as i have been posting Barry o is PRESIDENT of the WORLD of the UN secirity council
and has just made congress superfluous
( see paneta's bit about the US doesn't need a congressional mandate to go to war, they have the authority of the UN)
and of course the recent resolution in the house to invade africa re Kony, which has turned out to be a total propaganda fraud

the domino effect in action

edit on 17-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join