It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A not so perky dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Last night I had this dream about passing a very difficult exam in order to gain access to a high priced exclusive/prestigious school with perks. The tuition would be paid for. Lodging (luxury type compared to the usual), food, pretty much all expenses paid for.

Well, I found myself completing the exam successfully enabling me to gain entry & accompanying perks to this school. But I find that I can't remember anything concerning where I'm supposed to go to register, where I'm staying etc. I'm wandering thru the halls frantically trying to remember what I'm supposed to do to make this official & looking for someone to help me out.

After some frantic searching, I come across this classroom. It's filled with students but something is not right. The students are sitting with straightjackets on & they appear to be part of some dark experiment against their will in order to take advantage of them in some way. I'm sitting among a group of people on the other side of the room observing this.

At this point, I get shivers up my spine & I wake up.

[Edited on 22-9-2004 by sen5e]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Is there a situation in your life where you feel pressured to trade some of your personal freedoms or self-expression in order to "fit in" in a job or school environment (and receive related perks of money & prestige)? Are you on the threshold of applying to a certain job or school, or are these issues on your mind? It might also be that this is an issue you are not currently dealing with but will come up in your life in the near future.

You should concentrate on how creepy that straightjacket scene was, and how you never want to feel "straightjacketed" or oppressed in your life ever, no matter how many material "perks" are offered your way.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sen5e
Last night I had this dream about passing a very difficult exam in order to gain access to a high priced exclusive/prestigious school with perks. The tuition would be paid for. Lodging (luxury type compared to the usual), food, pretty much all expenses paid for.

Well, I found myself completing the exam successfully enabling me to gain entry & accompanying perks to this school. But I find that I can't remember anything concerning where I'm supposed to go to register, where I'm staying etc. I'm wandering thru the halls frantically trying to remember what I'm supposed to do to make this official & looking for someone to help me out.

After some frantic searching, I come across this classroom. It's filled with students but something is not right. The students are sitting with straightjackets on & they appear to be part of some dark experiment against their will in order to take advantage of them in some way. I'm sitting among a group of people on the other side of the room observing this.

At this point, I get shivers up my spine & I wake up.

[Edited on 22-9-2004 by sen5e]

That's actually a pretty funny dream. I do not have any advice for you, sorry...

-Chris

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm certainly not the one who is oppressed in this dream at all. I'm one of the ones in the position of power to oppress. I am only discomforted by the fact that some of those people in straightjackets don't deserve to be there. I have no qualms about squashing those who do deserve it.

I already know what the dream means.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sen5e
I have no qualms about squashing those who do deserve it.

I feel pretty much the same way. Though I don't think I would classify myself as one of the oppressors. In real-life I have more like a victim persona & attract a lot of oppressors. And then when I bite their fingers off they're like: "hey! no fair! you're supposed to be a victim! false advertising!"

At any rate, remembering your dreams & understanding what they mean is always a good thing, even when they're a little creepy (especially when they're a little creepy).

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Try to remember what you were watching on TV that night, or any kind of event that has happened in your life recently. In most dreams you will find theres often a connection with what you had done during that day.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Didn't expect this but I actually dreamt a continuation to this dream.

Basically I was working at the facility during a shift that no one else wanted. I purposely chose this shift because there would be the least amount of people around during this time.

Anyways it was kind of bizarre because I could get away with a lot. As mentioned in a previous post, I did not like the fact that there were innocent people being held here. So when I was supposed to administer a certain drug via syringe to an innocent person, I switched with another syringe containing an inert solution. I also nonchalantly loosened the wriststraps off one innocent patient intending to help them escape from the facility by taking them with me after my shift was over, taking an elevator usually reserved for transporting goods not people & then wisking them permanently away in a van I had parked nearby. In the dream, I was doing this on a regular basis. Hehe.

It is clear what the symbology of this dream is but I'm not going to get into that as that is personal.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If I had known this was going to happen, I would have renamed this thread differently from the start.

I think this recent dream is another continuation. It seems to fit with the previous scenarios.

It starts off with me being apprended in a lab where the lab goons are now injecting me with some mind altering substance for the purpose of making me become one of their obedient walking zombies. Unbeknownst to me beforehand, my mind was somehow rewired to reject all attempts to do this. Because I am able to pretend they succeeded when they actually had no effect. So I pretend (successfully) to be their walking obedient zombie until I get the perfect opportunity to fly the coop when the facility is rocked by either some bomb or earthquake, I'm not sure which. Haha.

So they send out the goons to chase me down. They sometimes come close but they don't quite get to me. Haha.

Fast forward to the future by a few months. I'm in this very long lineup to this facility (same one I previously escaped from) awaiting to take a test to get employment at this place. It's still me on the inside but I underwent a metamorphis on the outside. I'm now in a man's body. Everything is changed so they cannot detect the real me. Although there was a goon who looked at me suspiciously for a brief while. I get in. That's when the dream ends.

Woohoo. This is certainly bizarre. But again it's the symbology that matters. I hope this is the end of it!

top topics

join