Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
I think we have a saying that goes something like, stupidity is making a mistake, seeing its consequences, and repeating that mistake over and over
again hoping it will have a different outcome.
Replace "stupidity" with "insanity" and your definition would be right, and also very fitting.
Vote for Obama? Where's the positive change he spoke so much about? How many campaign promises did he fulfill? I was a Obama supporter in 2008 and a
couples years after, but those times are over.
- He did make good on the military's "don't ask, don't tell policy"
- Gitmo? Still open, right?
- Transparent presidency/administration? Nope, he was rated C- recently.
- End the war in Iraq? He doesn't get credit for that although he'll take credit for it no prob, see: SOFA
- Fast and Furious scandal? Yup
- Signing off on bills such as the NDAA? Yup
- Continued aggression in the Middle East? Yup, (see increased drone strikes under his watch than Bush)
- Solyndra failure? Yeah buddy
I suppose the only good thing his administration has done is killed Bin Laden, which is funny because his non transparent admin refuses to release any
proof/details of said killing. Nothing, they give us nothing but their word, and excuse the American citizen if they don't buy everything thing
Washington DC is selling
. At the end of the day though, I don't really blame Obama, I blame Washington DC because the obvious status quo
continues to keep on truckin, just with a new face. The only man running for President that I think can change that status quo is Ron Paul, who
unfortunately won't be running against Obama this November. So Ron Paul will get my vote, not Obama.
On a side note, I can't stand that the MSM focuses on gas prices and blaming on Washington DC. It's wrong and a waste of reporting time.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)