It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caucus in St. Charles County, Missouri turns ugly

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
After reading this threads 3 pages as well as numerous links I can now officially state that I have absolutely no idea how American politics works

I felt stupid till I reread it all and realised that the people running it dont seem to either

Its that or they just make up the rules as they go along, Either way me thinks we screwed

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
After reading this threads 3 pages as well as numerous links I can now officially state that I have absolutely no idea how American politics works

I felt stupid till I reread it all and realised that the people running it dont seem to either

Its that or they just make up the rules as they go along, Either way me thinks we screwed

First of all, kudos! I know it was a lot to read and take in. Some lengthy material at a few spots.

Secondly, your assessment is correct. And that is part of the problem. Dokes, (the chairman responsible for the chaos), made up his own rules. That is what upset the majority of the people there. There are rules established for these events and he didn't follow them.

So it's not just you. Unfortunately some of the "leaders" are guilty of making up their rules as they go. However, I do agree that politics is not easily understood and things are especially out of hand this year. Worse than I have seen in the last 12 years at least.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The rule says no recording devices. How hard is it to follow that rule? Try to bring a camera phone into a courthouse. You will be asked to return it to your vehicle or face arrest.

This is another Ron Paul desperation tactic called "contrived victimization", and no one is falling for it.

Ron Paul needs to end his failure of a campaign before one of his maniacal supporters gets hurt, or hurts someone.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
The rule says no recording devices. How hard is it to follow that rule? Try to bring a camera phone into a courthouse. You will be asked to return it to your vehicle or face arrest.

This is another Ron Paul desperation tactic called "contrived victimization", and no one is falling for it.

Ron Paul needs to end his failure of a campaign before one of his maniacal supporters gets hurt, or hurts someone.

Read.

The rule was added at the start of the sham, and was not the source of the major disruption. No matter whose team you are on, it should boil your blood to see what attempts to pass for a democratic process.

I want to say that your freedom is at stake, but it really seems like that went away a long time ago, and maybe now the only think at stake is your awareness of how contrived the whole system is.

Regardless of who did what, this event was a sham from the get-go, and the banning of any recording, it would seem, was intended to hide it under a really ugly rug.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

Originally posted by DaTroof

Read.

The rule was added at the start of the sham, and was not the source of the major disruption. No matter whose team you are on, it should boil your blood to see what attempts to pass for a democratic process.

I want to say that your freedom is at stake, but it really seems like that went away a long time ago, and maybe now the only think at stake is your awareness of how contrived the whole system is.

Regardless of who did what, this event was a sham from the get-go, and the banning of any recording, it would seem, was intended to hide it under a really ugly rug.

I don't know what article you read, but the Chairman asking for all recording devices to be disabled is absolutely what started the pandemonium. Also, it doesn't matter when the rule was presented... if the yahoos in the crowd don't want to follow rules, they have no business electing politicians.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Bunch of angry rednecks?

Santorum supporters should be locked on a navy brig and waterboarded. They will destroy this country if they propel Santorum to the Oval Office.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

On another note, take a look at 7:45 or a little earlier in this video, the kid in the Grey shirt has a black bag and slyly hands it to the guy in the vest. Whats that all about??? Just noticed that looked a little strange.

To all those who wanted proof that there was voter fraud going on, here it is. I dont see how you all cant get that this has probably been going on since day one. You may not want to believe it but this is the truth.
edit on 18-3-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Excerpt:
"However, several individuals at the caucus said much of the consternation revolved around Ehlen himself. Ehlen became chairman after a voice vote, but the head of the county GOP organization failed to recognize any other candidate...
Some of Paul’s supporters were also irked by an announced ban on video recording, with organizers asking police to help enforce it...
“We started speaking about the Constitution. Where’s our rights? Where are our votes? This is fascism,” said Jim Evans, another Paul supporter."

Leave it to the good ol' boys in blue to provide the muscle for fascist regime.

You gotta love a "vote" where there is only one candidate being recognized. Isn't that what Kim Jong Il used to do?

Every day I become more and more ASHAMED of what my country has become.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
And what do ya know. . . The effing brown shirts show up and arrest someone for talking.

These pigs need to be delt with . . . Harshly. I am so sick and tired of the "just following orders" piglets that will do ANYTHING they are told. RAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Land of the slaves home of the cowards!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

This tells it all. If Ron Paul was not the actual contender there would be no reason to steal the election. If he was as unelectable as it has been claimed there would be no need for vote fraud. The same thing happened to the delegates here in Iowa. When the delegates got there instead of picking the state delegates they had already been selected. There were objections. The delegates were told that there had been a problem with the paperwork from the caucus and it would be straightened out simply submit your name and you would be notified. It was apparent that there was delegate theft going on. The group didn't get as rowdy as these being reported on in this thread. I guess you could say the Republican chair did a better job of smoothing it over. However that doesn't make it right . The state delegates have still been stolen and will not represent the actual vote.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
reply to post by WanDash

Hmmm that is an interesting (and disturbing) theory. I could see them pulling shenanigans like that though. However, at the pace Obama is going with destroying our constitution and stuff, we won't have a country for the GOP to win by the time his next term is up. Just since Jan. 1st of this year he has signed the NDAA and the No Trespass Law. Those two alone kill our Bill of Rights.

So if that is their plan, they better hope the 2nd term is better than the first. Though honestly I fear a reelection will bring about a revolution. The increase in gun sales tells you what Americans are gearing up for.

Where I differ on this take is - they are Obama's bed partners on the constitutional shredding. Have you looked at the vote counts in the Senate and House of Representatives on some of these horrors? You have to wonder - do "They" even know or care that WE are here?

But - back to the topic at hand. Not one of the GOP hopefuls...has the look, swagger and charisma of the last three presidents.
The Democrats (and, I'm thinking now - the GOP) are crossing their fingers, knees and eyes...hoping Santorum gets the GOP nomination. And, under no foreseeable scenario do I think he could beat Obama.
...just rambling, here.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash

Where I differ on this take is - they are Obama's bed partners on the constitutional shredding. Have you looked at the vote counts in the Senate and House of Representatives on some of these horrors? You have to wonder - do "They" even know or care that WE are here?

But - back to the topic at hand. Not one of the GOP hopefuls...has the look, swagger and charisma of the last three presidents.
The Democrats (and, I'm thinking now - the GOP) are crossing their fingers, knees and eyes...hoping Santorum gets the GOP nomination. And, under no foreseeable scenario do I think he could beat Obama.
...just rambling, here.

I absolutely agree with you. Bush signed the Patriot Act and the Military Commissions Act of 2006. His war in Iraq was a sham and just a way to get us over there. The Republicans are definitely just as guilty when it comes to shredding the constitution. The ONLY reason I'm registered (R) is to vote for Ron Paul. If he wasn't in this awful party, I wouldn't be either.

I tend to believe they're cheering for Romney. He has the same financial backers as Obama. I think Santorum is wayyyyy to radical on the religious spectrum to ever win the nomination. He's doing pretty good but Romney is their corporate buddy with the billionaires in his pocket. Santorum is barely getting by.

But make no mistake, the other three candidates will play ball with the establishment. One thing is certain - they do not want Ron Paul making any progress in this election.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
the republican party doesn't care about any of your votes for ron paul...get over it, or do something about it. bitching to the local or even national GOP leaders will get you squat. hasn't that sunk in by now?...jeez...do you need to have a big rubber mallet hit you over the head like they do in cartoons? THEY DON'T WANT RON PAUL!!...PERIOD!!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sometimes seeing stuff like this makes me wish we had a dictatorship that way when things go wrong we know who to hang lol

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Apparently, this was happening statewide!

Ron Paul supporters showed up across th state of Missouri in force and made their voices heard, albeit sometimes, they were ignored.

Elsewhere-

The Kansas City Star reports that things got contentious in Clay County, too: ”In Clay County, arguments between Paul supporters and others became so intense that the caucus chairman threatened to have voters removed by force. … [Paul supporter:] ‘We raised a number of points of order, points of information, points of parliamentary inquiry, many of which have been ignored.’”

And more-

Boone County, which encompasses Columbia and the University of Missouri, elected a slate of Ron Paul-backing delegates, after Paul supporters succeeded in electing their own caucus chair. (That’s a normal part of caucus procedure: the first vote taken is on who will chair the meeting.) One GOP member described the Paul supporters as “loud, boisterous,” and “obnoxious” at the meeting — although the local GOP chairman said things were civil and that GOP officials get along fine with the Paul people there. The caucus elected 48 Ron Paul delegates and 5 Mitt Romney delegates, according to a local GOP official.

And this-

Greene County (a large GOP county in Southwest Missouri, encompassing Springfield) elected a mixed slate of 65 Ron Paul delegates, 40 Mitt Romney delegates, and six Rick Santorum delegates. “A few [caucus attendees] got a little loud,” said Danette Proctor, the county GOP chair who presided over the caucus. “But I just said, ‘Be quiet.’”

I'd go on, but, you get the point. You can read more reports if you wish here

A good day for the good Doctor it appears. I didn't catch it, but has CNN covered it yet?

Go Ron Go !!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join