It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caucus in St. Charles County, Missouri turns ugly

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

You're right. Brent posted in the comment and said he was about to do an interview and would update soon.

I'm looking forward to hearing more of his thoughts.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The same thing has happened in Clay Co. in Missouri.

The Clay County caucus in Liberty turned into a yelling match

source

LIBERTY, Mo. - Today was caucus day for most of Missouri and some of the caucus meetings turned into a battle between Ron Paul supporters and everyone else

The blame is going to the RP supporters.
I am not yet sure who I will vote for in Nov. but I do not believe that the RP supporters are the only ones at fault.
MSM is pushing its own agenda.

Missouri has already rigged the GOP nomination by holding a vote that did not count and so no one showed up.

Missouri held a Republican primary election back on February 7. This date had been set for a long time, so when the RNC said state parties would be penalized if they held binding primaries before March 1, the state tried to change the date. But Republicans in the state legislature added provisions to the bill that changed the primary date that would have stripped the (currently Democratic) governor of some of his power, so he vetoed it. The only way out of this deadlock was to declare that the February 7 vote would indeed be taken, but it wouldn't count. That is what happened

source

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

I was watching that as well. Several reports around Missouri. This is completely nuts. Nearly all of the states have had fraud, be it election or voter. But this is a whole other level. The people are fighting back!

Someone said, "Imagine how Tampa is going to be at this rate!" There will definitely be law enforcement in riot gear.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Man the Republican Party is a mess. No unity and everybody out spinning and trying every trick in the book to get and or steal delegates. At this point they should just ban all four of the idiots and choose someone else at the convention. They have kicked up the rhetoric against each other so much that they all have people whipped up in a frezy and doing all kinds of crazy stuff. Do any of them know they need a unified party to even have a chance against Obama. Everybody is out for themselves.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Here are a couple of other videos that have just been uploaded. Nothing really significant but they provide a look into the crowd's response to being told there would be no caucus.

And here is a look at the event after it was shut down.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Man the Republican Party is a mess. No unity and everybody out spinning and trying every trick in the book to get and or steal delegates. At this point they should just ban all four of the idiots and choose someone else at the convention. They have kicked up the rhetoric against each other so much that they all have people whipped up in a frezy and doing all kinds of crazy stuff. Do any of them know they need a unified party to even have a chance against Obama. Everybody is out for themselves.

IMHO there is no parties but one and the two obvious ones that pop into your head right off are not on that very short list. What we are seeing here is the stealthy CABAL party slipping into the top spot, with NO competition!That is your unified party!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

First clue is the picture in the article posted in your OP. It was over the majority of supporters/voters there on behalf of Ron Paul, and the reason for the ruckus was over filming and documenting the caucus.

Just wanted to say that and now I am off to read the responses in your thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

We took 65 delegates in green county today as well as ALL the alternates, my small county took 5 delegates and a couple alternates! Reports are coming in like gang busters.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

It will get straightened out, Missouri is not a State to try the media blackout and tyrannical moves with. Hang on the ride has just begun. Patriots for Liberty are on the move.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
There's another interpretation of the idea the poor Paulites wuz robbed:

These bogus “parliamentary” tactics are straight out of the radical playbook: Purposeful disruptions, intended to delay the normal procedure of events and provoke confrontations, with the hope of making such a farce of the meeting that regular citizens are discouraged from participating.

Go to a mental ward, give a psychotic a copy of Roberts Rules of Order, and after he’s released, he can begin a promising new career as a Ron Paul activist — as soon as he goes off his meds, that is.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've got a novel idea, let's start totally ignoring the obvious shills altogether especially in the threads that even elude to RP! We should not even give them a voice!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

The biggest problem with your link is their very obvious anti-Paul mentality. It normally wouldn't be a problem but since there are several Romney supporters and even some Santorum supporters who are upset with Dokes and his illegal moves today, I would say it doesn't hold much weight.

The temporary chairman, Dokes, wasn't following Roberts Rules of Order. He ignored the crowd when they opposed his nominations. If you post something that gives voice to Dokes, I hate to say it but it's worthless. The guy caused the problems when he refused to follow the rules.
edit on 17-3-2012 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm sorry if anyone has responded to any of my posts but it's been over 40 min. since ATS site has refreshed on my computer even though my connection is the best it's been in some time. Maybe ATS servers are really swamped or something else is going on, idk.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Raucous GOP caucus in St. Peters is shut down

www.stltoday.com... noV

A caucus in the gymnasium at Francis Howell North High School in St. Peters was shut down after about a half hour of boisterous disputes, some of it over a caucus rule barring videotaping and other recording. Supporters of presidential candidate Ron Paul repeatedly yelled objections to decisions made by caucus organizers. St. Peters police arrested two Paul supporters at the scene after they gave them "numerous warnings to leave the school property."

edit on 17-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

The biggest problem with your link is their very obvious anti-Paul mentality.

I agree with your statement, but, you see, I don't regard it as a "problem." It's not required that we all jump onto the Paul Love Boat. The alternative point of view is that the Paultards will attempt to manipulate the meetings using precisely the tactics described, bogus "You are not following the rules" proclamations that are DESIGNED specifically to disrupt the meetings. I saw this with my own eyes last time and I see nothing has changed.

the entire Paul playbook is to be obnoxious and disruptive. Polite discourse is not a part of the Paulista modus operandi. I admire the Paul enthusiasm. I just wish it were used by grownups.

Paul is finished. Frankly, I'm not very enthused by these other guys either. Santorum is a pompous twit and Romney is the mega flip-flopper and proto-Obama. The whole Republican field, including Paul, is a major disappointment.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I love the ending of the 2nd, as they drive away, past all the Ron Paul signs planted in the grass

Yeah that article isn't written with pure bias

edit on 17-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by freedom12

We took 65 delegates in green county today as well as ALL the alternates, my small county took 5 delegates and a couple alternates! Reports are coming in like gang busters.

We as in the Ron Paul camp? And what percentage of delegates would that equal out to?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm not a ron paul fan, but this is nonsense, he should be protected by the constitution and all applicable laws

booo on the MSM not covering this at all

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Paul is finished. Frankly, I'm not very enthused by these other guys either. Santorum is a pompous twit and Romney is the mega flip-flopper and proto-Obama. The whole Republican field, including Paul, is a major disappointment.

I would argue with the rest of your quote but I feel it would be sort of hypocritical of me since I have posted mostly pro-Paul links. I only know Ron Paul supporters who were in attendance at the caucus so it's hard to find any Romney posts about it. I'll do some checking to see what I can find. But the media is lying when they say Ron Paul supporters caused the problem. Dokes violated several rules and will probably be in some trouble for what he did. For instance, he can't nominate Parliamentary nor the Credentials Committee. That is for the permanent chairman to do. He also should not have ignored the crowd when they nominated Stafford and were shouting, "Division" and, "Point of Order." Those are Roberts Rules of Order and should have been followed. Dokes, clearly, is to blame for what happened.

Anyway, as to the quote I chose to respond to more specifically -

Ron Paul is far from finished. While it may seem so because he isn't winning the states, he is winning the delegates. His supporters are guilty of doing one thing and that is winning the delegate seats. We knew that it would be hard to win the states because of the shenanigans that took place in 2008. We were prepared this time. We stick around after the caucuses and vote for Paul supporters. We attend the local conventions and learn the rules. We abide by them. (despite what some may think) It isn't our fault that the other candidates supporters aren't as passionate about learning these rules. So they refer to it as 'hijacking" or "stealing" the seats. We are simply doing exactly as we should.

We expect this will go to a brokered convention. No one will win the first round, which will then move to the 2nd.. thus freeing all of the bound delegates to vote for who they like. This is where our game plan will see fruition. Ron Paul's supporters, now free, will vote for him. (We are hopeful at least)

Even CNN and Fox News have said recently that Ron Paul is in 2nd place with delegates. So don't say he is finished. He is far from finished. And as you see here, the People are done being ran over. We are fighting back and I for one am glad to see it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I'm not a ron paul fan, but this is nonsense, he should be protected by the constitution and all applicable laws

booo on the MSM not covering this at all

I dunno if Fox, CNN, etc are covering this but there's definitely been articles written (as seen in this thread). God bless The Drudge Report. If the MSM does cover this they'll most likely spin it against Ron Paul and in favor of Romney.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join