It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Known 1962 Alexis Creek B.C. UFO Crash.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hhott

I'll do my best to dig up some more , I just thought people would want to investigate themselves as well. But I will do what I can.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thanks for the additional info. I appreciate you including more sources and references.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Good post op, maybe some other government is going to spill the beans about alien contact, crashes, sightings..I hope it comes form some third world nation that just wants to be honest about what they saw or have in their possesion.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

You never know. It's funny when I surfed the Uk UFO files a few months ago I was astonished to see that you have to pay to download their files. Anyone else notice that? So at least someone is still trying to make money off the whole thing.

edit on 17-3-2012 by mark1167 because: typo

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

Yeah, that is very true...As long as there is money to be made, they will keep exposing their files to the public

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here is an interesting report from a witness of the same event. It gives a clear description of the object as well as travel direction, relative speed, as well as confirmation of a crash.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Thank you!

I'm sure there are people who want to do their own digging. There are those dedicated researchers who love that stuff, and then there are the lazy types like me who just enjoy reading the results of other peoples' hard work.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Hmm..Very interesting Mark, thanks again for doing the research for us to enjoy

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

This document states clearly the object was not a plane but a solid object that could not be identified. It also states clearly something crashed. I am still looking for documentation stating whether there was a search conducted for the crash site and if anything was found. If they did search and find anything I doubt the files would be in here but I will keep looking. I personally believe this was not a meteor.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is an interesting final letter regarding the incident.It states how a search was initially conducted but aborted because of the heavy snow in the area after the crash making a search almost impossible. There is further discussion about resuming the search in the spring as the conditions improve.The letter ends with this very compelling statement regarding the Canadian Governments interest in this subject at the time.
"We are still quite interested in this UFO and should personel of your department(RCMP) be in the area or have access to this area through other contacts we would be most interested in the findings.It is not suggested that a special expedition be mounted, but any reports that come to hand will be appreciated."
Maybe there was no additional search conducted. Maybe the incident was forgotten over the years.
Maybe just maybe, there is still something out there waiting to be discovered.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

With me being a Western Canadian, this is of interest to me. Will definitely have to peruse the link you posted when I have more time.
S&F

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kreighton

The funny thing is I live within four hours of this location and I had never heard of this before.I wasn't born until five years after the event but in all my years of researching UFO incidents I never new of this one.I am glad Canada is releasing some of this old information through the website.Like I said there's a lot of information there to go through and I have barely scratched the surface and I found this incident. So hopefully you can find some goodies for me to look at as well!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Very very cool mark1167!
Thank you for this. This is indeed an interesting piece.

I'm wondering how far the search went for debris, and if anything was ever recovered.
You'd think if there was a bast wave, there'd be some physical sign of an impact area with damaged trees and earth.

That is, unless this supposed craft was similar in auto destruct abilities as those reported in the Hamburg 1697 case where fallen spheres and rods disappeared in a puff of smoke after falling from sky battle.

Still, if there as a shock wave, I'd think there'd be some local indication of something with damaged trees.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Thanks for that. I would love to go into the area and see if there are still any of the witnesses still around and whether the general area where it happened is still known. I know from some of the documents that longitude and latitude coordinates where taken of the area the object was supposed to have crashed. I only live a few hours from the area and I could easily do a follow up to the story in the summer.
I to think that there must have been some type of blast area from the explosion.But like the one report states that by the time they got in the air to look the snow had pretty much covered any trace of where it might have gone down. In my personal opinion I think that this case was forgotten about and no additional searches were conducted. In those day's I doubt a RCMP officer would have gone out of his way to continue searching for something like a UFO in such a remote location. I think whatever crashed at Alexis creek could very well still be out there.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Wow, yes, if there's possibility for there being any wreckage, debris, or any sign at all, some on-the-ground research would definitely be a worthwhile venture.

As far as you going out for a look, you may wish to consider seeking out some reputable (if there are any) UFO investigators attached to MUFON or any other similar organizations that may be relevant in putting together an investigation.

Taking along equipment like a metal detector, though bulky for hiking, might not be a bad bet either.
Possibly even a Geiger Counter?
IR/UV capable video camera may reveal details of past violent disturbance to local trees if there was indeed a crash.

Were I close to the area, or if I just had the funding to fly up there, I'd certainly be game for an expedition. As the very least, it'd be a nice get-away hiking trip with camping, all for a purpose.
If nothing is found, well, still, nothing wrong with some good outdoor time beneath the stars, miles and miles away from the rest of civilization.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

When you look at the area, it could be like looking for a needle in a haystack.But with coordinates and some general directions and some equipment like you said I think it could be fun even if nothing was found , just the adventure of talking to possible witnesses and hiking through the bush and looking for a crashed UFO would be pretty exciting. I know it's been over forty years since it happened and with the years of logging and farming in the area finding anything could be difficult but like you said just the feeling of being remote like that could be fun enough. I know its tough for you living where you live to experience that, but I tend to take it for granted that I can just walk out back of my house for fifteen minutes and be completely isolated in a wilderness environment. If I do decide to go I will do a video journal just for you.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
I have recently discovered Canada's new UFO archive hidden within the Governments National Archive web site.
Link here. www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...
I came across a very interesting event that happened in 1962 at Alexis Creek. Located here.I had never heard of this event before today.

Here is the page that includes all the documents pertaining to the event between Nov 2/1962 and the final document dated Nov 15/1963. www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...
When you get to this page click on the record # on the right you wish to see.When it takes you to the next page you will see a heading that says"view image", click this then you can read the actual typed file from 1962.

The original documents can be difficult to read in some instances so I suggest using your computers magnifier to help you see them better, but when you do read them you will find what they say very interesting.
This event is very interesting because of the fact it was witnessed by RCMP members as well as others. Witnesses claim to have seen this long silver cylindrical object flying straight down from a considerable height then slowing and levelling off. Then proceeding to travel a considerable distance, level with the ground but shooting fire or flames..then quickly disappearing over a mountain range, which was followed by a large explosion.There is even a report of a large shock wave after the explosion.There are also exhaustive attempts to rule out all things it could have been. No planes in the area, no missles, no falling space debris etc.

I thought this past event might be interesting to UFO buffs who have never heard of this one.Also I thought some of you might find this web site interesting as well and want to poke around at the large database of UFO sightings in Canada over the last fifty years and see if you can find some new mysteries yourselves.
Enjoy!

Its funny. Did you notice at all that their archives were begun in 1947?

Maybe Roswell was not just Roswell.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameliaair

Its funny. Did you notice at all that their archives were begun in 1947? Maybe Roswell was not just Roswell.

Good point. I never noticed that. Strange how Canada started documenting UFO's right after Roswell?
What else was going on the early sixties regarding UFO's? What year was the Kecksberg crash? December 9/1965.Two years after this event.Interesting as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Not sure if it was after Roswell or not. I could not spot anything other than the year.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Video Journal, yes!
As for getting out, getting some dirt between the toes and natural pine scent in the air, with the songs of birds and sounds of other wildlife as well as the wind through the tree tops, yes, it can be a challenge to get away from the sprawl.
There are, however, many places available all over the Texas countryside that offer some retreat that i get out to on the ever so often occasion.
Of course, down here, there's the variety of wildlife people usually associate with cowboy movies, like snakes, scorpions, centipedes, Gila Monsters, not to mention all the plants that are also out to get you like thorny bushes, cactus, poison ivy/oak, etc.

Still, even though there's the potential for Texas camping to resemble the deadly perils of Australia where it seems everything is out to kill you, so long as you know the 'neighborhood', it pretty awesome.
Besides that, we pretty much have winter when we want to, so, it's rarely ever cold and the outdoors can get got to year round.

Still, a video journal of an expedition would be totally fantastic!

If you poke around, you might even be able to get funding for an expedition of this sort, but, with a purse, comes strings, and, getting in bed with someone could endanger your credibility were they to exploit the case for self promotion, or tried sensationalizing on the case.

Personally, I'd go alone/with personally known companions. Going it alone is good, though extra eyes and hands are good should anything of an accidental nature occur.

While at it, doing an expedition, you could, if it interests you, multitask on the crypid front, keeping an eye out for big hairy elusive sorts, especially if you've good good professional grade, or close to it DSLR camera with long enough lens.
Spotty, dodgy consumer level video camera footage abounds, but, really good high image density DSLR frames are the exception. I'd rather see a good 18MP RAW still of anything subject to fringe inquiry with good EXIF data than the dodgy stuff we've gotten familiar with on Youtube.

Anyway, yes, expedition away!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join