It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Smoking be less deadly? Yes-No

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The amount of chemicals used to make cigarettes is one of the reasons I stick to hand rolled cigars. The machine rolled kind use the same paper tobacco that cigarettes are filled with, as a binder. There's something very relaxing about sitting out on the back patio with a book, cup of coffee on the table, good cigar in hand and let the world take care of itself for a couple hours. In the long run they are no healthier, but they sure taste better.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
David64 Glad to hear you’ve left those chemical cigs behind. Hopefully your health will be much improved. Yeah; smoking is a great pleasure (just so long as you can live with it). I’m not so sure about this bit though…

In the long run they are no healthier, but they sure taste better.
Are you sure? Do really not think many less would die, if the chemical additives were banned?

AwakinNM

You're going to be angry with me why? Because you choose to put carcinogens in your body just because they are legal?
I’m appalled you think it’s fine more people die from smoking, than otherwise need be the case. You seem to be on the side of death, and that just seems evil.
PS: Legality is 100% irrelevant, morality is my law, politician can be yours (and we know what their morality is often like!).

You want someone to come up with a way to make it safer for you because you don't have the will power to quit?
No! I’ve already found a great way to reduce both the amount of tobacco consumed, and the harm done. If I wanted to give up smoking, I would chew it.
However: I advocate industry to stop contaminating stuff they sell as tobacco, with stuff that is neither tobacco, or less harmful than tobacco. It annoys me you advocate the opposite (which is either your own way, or the death penalty) if we were any closer, I may well be blowing my (organic) smoke in your face.

Smoking is stupid. STOO-PID.
If people are informed of the risks, then there’s nothing stupid at all. Risky yes, but stupid no.
I’m far from stupid (along with all smokers I know). E.g. few can ever understand science or engineering as much as I do.

You started smoking to fit in with your dumbass friends who smoke, you became addicted - deal with it.
No it’s I could sell more of them to people my own age, and know who wanted to buy.
It was however partly sustained by health fanatics (such as yourself) making such a big deal about trying to stop me, it’s called teenage psychology. My grandmother only ever smoked one cigarette, and it’s because when she asked her father for one, he offered her the entire box! She lit one, and said to him: “God! How do you smoke these things?”
That’s clever parenting! The sort PC would probably prevent today. Only years later did she discover from him, he never wanted her, to smoke.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Inhaling smoke is a really stupid thing to do.
Do you ever inhale dust, like - do you brush your carpet and then lean over and inhale the dust?
Why not?

Some folks insist that nicotine is NOT addictive.
www.statepress.com...

You hear many time of people who have litteraly tossed the habit and never looked back.
So much for addiction.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Inhaling smoke is a really stupid thing to do
reply to post by OhZone

Doh!! But i really really enjoy it
Iv'e not had a ready rolled smoke for fifteen years you can taste the chemicals which takes away the experiance of enjoyment a good smoke gives
UK 50 gram bag about 12 quid 8 or 9 quid direct tax i see this as health care tax when im older
but you gotta go some way i'll do it enjoying myself
Smoke anyone

Cran

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

it is..

but smoking weed isn't legal...

zing..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join