It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri caucus(3-17-12)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I attended my first caucus today. This was at the county level. Butler county Missouri.

206 people registered. The groups for each candidate were segregated for a little while. Ron Paul had the biggest group. Santorum and Romney were also big. The Gingrich group was miniscule.

Slates of delegates were voted on. There were three choices: Conservatives for Butler County was filled with Ron Paul supporters. The Obamanators were made up of the other three candidates' supporters. And None was the third choice.

The Obamanators won with 108 votes. Conservatives for Butler County had 81 votes. Seven votes for None. And six ballots not counted because they were not filled out correctly or were blank.

Anyway, that is disapointing news for us Ron Paul supporters. The delgates & alternates are non-binding but it does not look like they'll be supporting Ron Paul. By the way, there are 17 delegates and 17 alternates.

And we all had to sign a piece of paper stating that we were registered voters and republicans in order to participate.

I would love to see reports from other Missouri county caucus's too.

join