It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Campaign Flat Broke...How Can This Be?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
What was known from the beginning of Ron Paul's campaign is that he had no chance of getting the nomination. The forces against that were just too great.

So, why did he do it? To spread some truth, and possibly get some leverage to use in the future. That leverage might be used to get a cabinet position, or to get an influential committee chairmanship, or whatever.

The question is, what will he do now that it is clear that he cannot get the nomination from the Republicans. Will he use the leverage he has built, as above? Or will he do something more radical?

Can you imagine a Ron Paul / Gary Johnson pair on the Libertarian ballot line? Gary Johnson is already there. Will Ron Paul join him as the marquee lead?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Who are the veterans marches for? can you spin that?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

WTF are you talking about "his electability isnt there on a national level"? He polls the best vs Obama and has more support than Obama with Independents and young voters, the two groups that carried Obama into the White House.

Obama would defeat all of the four Republicans if the election were held today, but Ron Paul fares the best against the incumbent. Obama leads Paul, 44 percent to 40 percent, with 16 percent undecided.

www.wnd.com...

CBS Poll: Independents Prefer Ron Paul Vs Obama

Tired of seeing so many media brainwashed sheeple on ATS. Go back to the CNN or Fox news forums.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Not to go off topic, but Im tired of this myth. No president can bring this country back, until the system is fixed.

So how do you propose we fix the system? Maintain the status quo?
Everybody knows the system is broken but ridicules the one person who has the courage to say the system is broken and is attempting to do something about it rather than just selling out the people for corporate interest.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
It's obvious that Ron Paul can't be bought, and so the powers to be are not donating to him. The candids with the most money are the ones that can be bought and are sellouts.

rude remark attacking others removed. Please discuss the original news article.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I know Im not the only one who doesn't personally know anybody who is supporting Romney, Santorum, Gingrich or Obama. I deal with customers everyday and I have yet to come across someone who does support these 4. Those who are involved in the elections support RP. I will donate $100 to his campaign today.

It IS Ron Paul's time and nothing is going to prevent him from reaching his goal!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Yes? That's why voting was established. We are a representative republic. What you described is the founding basis of the entire country. It's not like people don't know this. The word slave is simply your opinion.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MNnativeamer
I know Im not the only one who doesn't personally know anybody who is supporting Romney, Santorum, Gingrich or Obama.

I know several Obama supporters. My parents are Santorum supporters. I also know a few Gingrich lovers too.

People are very polarized at the moment.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Detergent
Gary Johnson is already there. Will Ron Paul join him as the marquee lead?

No, that is absurd
not going to happen.
Ron Paul is a spineless
shill. If he can't win the repub
nomination, he will go pout.
I could see the the old bag
run third party. Giving the middle
finger to the country possibly allowing obama
to win. I wonder who ron pauls puppet masters
really are. Paul is bad news. All the money in the world
will not garner the support for him, and they know it his
puppet masters know it..
edit on 19-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

The emotional commitment lessen has been learned in this thread.
But forgotten in a moment.
What would Ron Paul do next time, well if he had a next time.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0317

I would just smile and give it up, they are sheeple for RP, he barely has 50 delegates and has not one a state primary so I doubt he will do much. I hope I am wrong but I doubt it...too bad.

I believe his popularity was way over-blown IMHO...

Sniper

You’re probably right but we don’t give up that easy! :

Anyway, I was just stating the facts…he’s broke and it ain’t gonna happen! I’ve asked before if the REALITY has set in yet and learned that it most certainly hasn’t.

I guess it won’t set in until his concession speech. Heck, they’ll probably switch gears and beg him to run as an independent. This might go on until he loses again in November.

I believe the Paulites will hand Obama the election in 1 of 3 ways: 1) by robbing the Republican vote with an independent run, 2) simply voting for Obama as many have said they’d do, or 3) by sitting it out.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
No surprise here since a majority of ron pauls supporters are the ones who are at the # end of the economy right now. he doesnt have millionaires and billionaires donating hundreds of thousands, if not millions to his campaign.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
We have, unfortunately small individual contributions don't stack up to what corporations and bazillionares can give to a candidate! Sheldon Adelson alone has given Newt over 10 million.

Not true. Small donations do add up and did in both the Obama and Kerry campaigns to amounts that not only rivaled, but in Obama's case surpassed what the GOP was able to raise. The difference is, Paul simply doesn't have nearly as many donating as did those candidates. Howard Dean's campaign in 2004 was the template for how this can work, and he raised what was considered huge money for the time in small donations, but even that was nothing compared to what Obama did in 2008.

Small donations CAN work, and have worked, the problem is you need to have enough people willing to give those donations.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The topic is Ron Paul's Campaign treasury.

NOT each other.

NOT your opinion of who the other person votes for

NOT Ron Paul campaign speeches.

JUST THE NEWS ARTICLE.

The topic is now reopened.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Incivil remark deleted

anyways, how does the amount of a campaign treasury determine the competence of a candidate?
edit on 20-3-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
reply to post by MrSpad

Yes you can. How many vets? How many at any marches? Its easy to spin and they all do it. Paul is as good at spinning as any politician. All the candidates have veteran groups who support them. This is no suprise as we are just like anybody else and do not vote as a group. The vets I know happen to be about half Obama and the other half split between the Republican candidates with Romney leading the pack. Of course that is a hundred or so out of a few million so it like a march or ralley does not represent the group.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

if he doesnt win, it is only because the american sheeple were not ready for his ideas.

You're right about that!! Americans aren't ready for his ideas. Especially legalizing drugs and closing all of the bases we have overseas and weakening our ability to defend ourselves. There aren't enough people drinking the RP Kool aid to go for that BS. Some of us recognize the need to be able to project force. It doesn't take a neocon to understand that those bases serve as a deterrent. 

It seems like only a small niche of people who are open minded enough to shed their beliefs and look at the world from a new perspective. Which is what allows us to see things for what they are and think for ourselves.

'Open minded' and 'new perspective' is code for progressive policies. No thanks!!

Firstly, RP doesnt want to legalize drugs. He wants to give states the right to make their own drug laws.

Second, when if crystal meth were made legal tomorrow. Would you go smoke it? No, the only people who would buy legal crystal meth are the people who are using it already. But it would be lab made, clean, and less lethal. Also, money would come out of the hands of drug lords and into the hands of the government.

Now to the real world. If you don't think marijuana should be legalized, your just plain wrong. A multi-billion dollar industry being controlled by the underground. Dirty money funding organizations who murder steal kidnap etc.

When you cant light a plant from the ground on fire and breath it in thats how you know you are far from the illusion of "freedom" they are selling you.

On to the military perspective. I disagree but can see your point.

Some people think that we will be safer policing the world and having bases all over the world. Thats well and great if you believe that to be true but its just not possible. i want a 2012 ferrari but i cant afford it, I want a tank in my driveway but i cant afford it and I think I'll get by without it. 14 trillion dollars in debt and were spending out the ass.

AND ON TO THE DEFICIT IN THE RON PAUL CAMPAIGN PLEASE STOP ALL YOUR BULL#.
There is no "deficit" to speak of.
Now read this s l o w l y

Ron Paul spent a little more than he made one month. If you haven't realized it yet, the campaign is a finite thing. It doesn't go on forever. If you spent less than you took in every month then you would have a bunch of useless cash at the end of your campaign. So yes, he spent slightly more than he took in for one month, he will probably do the same the next month, and the one after that, and even the one after that. You see the pattern here.

If he somehow is chosen to run as the republican against Obama that's when money starts flowing in again.

In summary have a bunch of money and a campaign ending in months... start spending the money.

Even more common sense is about to come your way so brace yourself.

RP has real life supporters, you can admit that or not but its true. Here in my small city, more of a town, there are 100's of RP lawn signs up compared to maybe 50 Romney. These are working class people not bagillionares. These are people that can donate 50 bucks to their candidate when they are running a good race. But these people cant afford to continue spending 50 bucks a week when their candidate is getting robbed and is in last place.

Even more into it, These are people who don't read sites like this. They see Ron debate or talk on tv and they like him. So when the media says he is done, they believe it and the money stops

the end

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by avatard
reply to post by MrSpad

Yes you can. How many vets? How many at any marches? Its easy to spin and they all do it. Paul is as good at spinning as any politician. All the candidates have veteran groups who support them. This is no suprise as we are just like anybody else and do not vote as a group. The vets I know happen to be about half Obama and the other half split between the Republican candidates with Romney leading the pack. Of course that is a hundred or so out of a few million so it like a march or ralley does not represent the group.

This is hilarious.

You actually think there are organized veterans groups out there that passionately support the other GOP candidates?

don't...just don't...

And if you actually knew anything about Ron Paul, you'd know he doesn't 'spin' like you are taught to expect from other politicians.

edit on 19-3-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Not to go off topic, but Im tired of this myth. No president can bring this country back, until the system is fixed.

So how do you propose we fix the system? Maintain the status quo?
Everybody knows the system is broken but ridicules the one person who has the courage to say the system is broken and is attempting to do something about it rather than just selling out the people for corporate interest.

No, what YOU are pushing for is the status quo.

What i want is a systemic change. That is the only way things improve in this country.

Voting for a candidate, ANY candidate, maintains the status quo.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join