It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Campaign Flat Broke...How Can This Be?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I’ve seen threads about how RP really received more votes than the other candidates in some of the primaries but, due to election fraud by the GOP, he lost. I’ve heard about how RP is rounding up more delegates behind the scenes than all of the other candidates. I’ve heard he’s the only true conservative that can save the country.

So I’m wondering…with all the support RP supposedly has nationwide according to many here…where is the money??

Ron Paul’s flagging presidential campaign is also bleeding cash, spending more money than it raised in February and finding itself with less cash on hand than during any other point this election cycle, federal filings show.

Paul ended February with about $1.37 million in his campaign account — a pittance for a political campaign competing nationally.

During February, Paul’s campaign raised $3.27 million while spending about $3.55 million, according to his latest filing.

His dismal campaign finances have even forced a super PAC to look to other candidates, which may be the nail in RP’s campaign coffin.

Such declining campaign finance health coincides with the decision by Endorse Liberty, a super PAC supporting Paul, to reassess its efforts and consider broadening its support to other political candidates.
Federal records show Endorse Liberty hasn’t made an independent expenditure on behalf of Paul since March 6, while super PACs supporting Romney, Santorum and Gingrich together have spent millions during that time.
Politico

How can a guy that supposedly has so much support be going broke?

Dare I say that it’s because RP DOESN’T have that much support and much of this RP talk is nothing more than HYPE and wishful thinking on the part of Paulites?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If every post here on ATS in support of Dr. Paul was instead a $5 donation to his campaign,
he would have $$$ falling out of his pockets.

RP doesnt really stand a chance and never really did,
I like the guy and all, but the truth is the truth.

If the members here on ATS and other sites really want to see him succeed, instead of getting online and telling everyone how great he is again and again and again...

Donate 5 bucks instead.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It's over for Ron Paul.

Guy had no chance and was a joke candidate.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
If every post here on ATS in support of Dr. Paul was instead a $5 donation to his campaign,
he would have $$$ falling out of his pockets.

RP doesnt really stand a chance and never really did,
I like the guy and all, but the truth is the truth.

If the members here on ATS and other sites really want to see him succeed, instead of getting online and telling everyone how great he is again and again and again...

Donate 5 bucks instead.

We have, unfortunately small individual contributions don't stack up to what corporations and bazillionares can give to a candidate! Sheldon Adelson alone has given Newt over 10 million.

You gotta love the people who say I like Ron Paul and all.....but!

+43 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
because 99% of his campaign funds comes from citizens, and not big corporations.

It sounds like you base your vote on who has the most money. since we all know elections are bought, why would the most $$ translate to the most ideal candidate?

Ron Paul is the only option this election. romney would be no different than obama, newt is a pile of scum, santorum is an idiot.

edit on 17-3-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975

We have, unfortunately small individual contributions don't stack up to what corporations and bazillionares can give to a candidate! Sheldon Adelson alone has given Newt over 10 million.

You gotta love the people who say I like Ron Paul and all.....but!

My point was more tongue in cheek, poking fun at the rabid RP crowd, you know inflating their numbers by making such a ridiculous claim...

And I d like Dr. Paul alot, always have, was glad when he went back to the legisature, but his electability just isnt there on a national level. I give him kudos for trying, and for being who he is, but a GOP candidate for Pres in a general election he is not.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
did CNN tell you that? You give no reasoning to back up your claim.Romney is the unelectable candidate, not Dr. Paul.

edit on 17-3-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Forget the supporters for a second.

How is "fiscally responsible" Ron Paul mismanaging a political campaign of all things?

This is the man that's going to save the economy?

OK, back to the supporters... In my opinion, the semi-anarchist crowd that make up a percentage of Paul supporters probably aren't contributing financially.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

because 99% of his campaign funds comes from citizens, and not big corporations.

Uhm…I guess you missed the part in the OP about his super PAC, Endorse Liberty. Regardless, if you believe that 99% of his funding comes from citizens, and you know it takes millions to run a national campaign, what on earth led you believe he stood a chance from the beginning?

It sounds like you base your vote on who has the most money. since we all know elections are bought, why would the most $$ translate to the most ideal candidate?

Not at all…if that was the case then Obama would be my man because nobody has ever raised as much money as him (and likely never will). I’m just wondering why so many are still saying RP can do this when ON PAPER (be it financially or delegate count) it’s absolutely impossible at this point unless the other 3 succumbed to cancer tomorrow.

Ron Paul is the only option this election. romney would be no different than obama, newt is a pile of scum, santorum is an idiot.

I disagree…

Though I have nothing bad to say about the man, I just don’t think RP would be a good POTUS. I don’t think even 10% of the country believes he would be either or he’d have a hell of a lot more cash-in-hand, would he not?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Obama agrees with you in terms of corporate contributors.

President Barack Obama stated that the decision "gives the special interests and their lobbyists even more power in Washington — while undermining the influence of average Americans who make small contributions to support their preferred candidates".[42] Obama later elaborated in his weekly radio address saying, "this ruling strikes at our democracy itself" and "I can't think of anything more devastating to the public interest".[43] On January 27, 2010, Obama further condemned the decision during the 2010 State of the Union Address, stating that, "Last week, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law[44] to open the floodgates for special interests — including foreign corporations — to spend without limit in our elections. Well I don't think American elections should be bankrolled by America's most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities."

en.wikipedia.org...

If Obama can appoint a judge or two to the Supreme Court who has common sense, the ruling will be overturned, preventing corporations from having so much financial power in elections.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Paul is the ONLY candidate that can bring America BACK to what it once was, and you seem to despise that with a passion and support the BS as usual typical damned idiot politician.

Not to go off topic, but Im tired of this myth. No president can bring this country back, until the system is fixed.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

I've donated several times...the fact that he doesn't accept corporate monies should be the reason all would back him. The thing I'll never understand is how the country screams for change and reduced government involvement in their lives, and when we have the candidate that proposes exactly that, they label him loony?

His never reduces himself, and us for that matter, to all of the BS attention schemes and topics...always stays on course with the facts and truths. When asks a direct question, he gives a direct answer. Not a fluffy BS answer, no matter how it would/will affect his campaign.

But no, the people don't care or want the truth. They just want a warm & fuzzy all is well feeling answer, it's easier then dealing with the truth.

Your new slogan should be....."I'm Mad as Hell, but please don't tell me the truth"!

RON PAUL 2012

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Hey Seabag, just curious, what is it about Paul that makes you strive to constantly ridicule the guy and his supporters while being a fan-boy to the business-as-usual, sell-the-country-out, screw-the-American-citizen typical politician that you so tooth-and-nail support?

I don’t support the “business-as-usual, sell-the-country-out, screw-the-American-citizen typical politician” as you suggest. They all have ideas about fixing the economy and any of them would be vastly superior to what Obama has done.

By the way, how long as RP served in Congress?? Does he qualify as a career politician?

Paul is the ONLY candidate that can bring America BACK to what it once was, and you seem to despise that with a passion and support the BS as usual typical damned idiot politician.

What has RP ever run or managed? He’s running deficits in his campaign!!

Are you a shill, a banker, or what? Really, it is hard not to ask this while reading your threads and posts here.

So, which one is it? Be HONEST.

None of the above!

I feel that RP’s foreign policy is dangerous. I feel his stand on illegal drugs is dangerous. I don’t think he has the experience or knowledge to handle the position of POTUS and I’m also very concerned about what goofballs he will parade out to fill key positions in his administration…Jessie Ventura for Sec of Defense maybe??

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

My point was more tongue in cheek, poking fun at the rabid RP crowd, you know inflating their numbers by making such a ridiculous claim...

And I d like Dr. Paul alot, always have, was glad when he went back to the legisature, but his electability just isnt there on a national level. I give him kudos for trying, and for being who he is, but a GOP candidate for Pres in a general election he is not.

Yes, and I believe your point just solidified the point jaws1975 was trying to make. Ron Paul's "electability isn't there" because

Originally posted by jaws1975
unfortunately small individual contributions don't stack up to what corporations and bazillionares can give to a candidate!

The point being made is that a candidate's "electability" should not be related to how much money they have. It should be determined by their morals, values, honor and integrity.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Not to go off topic, but Im tired of this myth. No president can bring this country back, until the system is fixed.

Yea, sure fella, you can believe that one, or try to convince others that its a "myth" and all, but there IS a reason for which there is GREAT FEAR over Paul getting in and "cleaning house". The SNAKES are SCARED of him and for GOOD reason.

And WHY do you think that is?

Try again!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Yea, sure fella, you can believe that one, or try to convince others that its a "myth" and all, but there IS a reason for which there is GREAT FEAR over Paul getting in and "cleaning house". The SNAKES are SCARED of him and for GOOD reason.

And WHY do you think that is?

Try again!

I hope most RP supporters have a greater understanding of how our government works than you do.

The president in the current system is impotent. Doesnt matter who holds the office.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Funny how the RP crowd wont touch this one...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Let me see if I understand your premise correctly...

So because Politico said it, that makes it 100% accurate?

That is funny to me. The bias of the MSM has been very clear and apparent to anyone with eyes who has paid any attention at all to the coverage. A perfect example is the US Virgin Islands. Paul won the popular vote, yet the MSM claims Romney won because he got the delegates. However, in other States where others won the popular vote and Paul won the delegates- the MSM called the win for the other candidates based on the popular vote.

So what does this have to do with Politico?

Politico is owned by Allbritton Communications, which owns television stations in Washington, D.C., and elsewhere, all affiliated with the Disney-owned ABC network.

In other words, as far as I am concerned it is still bias MSM BS.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Why should they/we? There is clearly a lack of decorum, which is apparent on both sides. That is the very reason I do not post on ATS more. It is already difficult enough to encourage people in our culture to grow in wisdom, but to then also ask them to communicate in a manner congruent to that very wisdom they lack is like asking a rock to cry out in thankfulness. May God make it so, but I don't trust my own power to transform others against their own blindness/hardness.

Whether it be complacent/deluded imperialists denying the reality of the failures of our current system, or it be the Paul supporters who lift the man over the truth that the man advocates, there is very little wiggle room for a patient and responsible course to be undertaken by our "greater body." In other words, this juvenile BS is sinking us from both sides and the passengers are content to go back to their rooms and pretend their self-righteousness is enough to keep us afloat.

Enjoy your "soup of decay" thread and don't forget your life jacket.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join