It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate 'tech fixes' urged for Arctic methane: "Planetary emergency"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is not an epiphany! They can't just be realizing this NOW. Who are they fooling?
This almost verifies the clandestine 'aerosol' spraying we are all seeing yet.....made to look like conspiracy theorists especially with their quote: "I don't think there's time to do ships for the Arctic now," he said.
Give me a break.

This would - in turn - exacerbate warming, across the Arctic and the rest of the world................

There is quite a lot of suppression and non-discussion of issues that are difficult, and one of those is in fact methane," he said, recalling a reluctance on the part of at least one senior scientists involved in the Arctic Climate Impact Assessment to discuss the impact that a methane release might have"

www.bbc.co.uk...

Whatever.
Carry on folks. Nothing here to see. Everything is under control for Obama said we have 'transparency' with this administration so there are no secrets..........................

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What? No replies?
Maybe the majority of the ATS community is out celebrating St Paddy's?

Yeah, that must be it so I'll expect some drunken replies later on.......

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The perma frost in Russia is receding alarmingly fast. Methane traps solar rays 250% better than Carbon dioxide. Once a large portion of that methane starts releasing into the atmosphere, there is nothing else we can do. The Earth would start warming exponentially. The ice would recede more and more each year, furthering the methane and warming. We've known about what methane would do if released since the 60's, this isnt new or alarming, only alarming to those not in the know about the desperate climate on our planet.

Pretty much, we would start to be a true sister of Venus

edit on 18-3-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

new topics

join