It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Transparency Faces Congressional Oversight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Obama Administration Transparency Faces Congressional Oversight

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has "graded"
The Obama Administration's "Transparency" as a whole with a "C-"

The main focus seems to be providing government documents to the public.
(and maybe even Congressional Committees)

Some specific areas are "F"s however !!

The "F Troop":
The Dept of Commerce
The Dept of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
The Dept of the Interior
and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB)

The Department of Homeland Security earned a D.

The Department of Homeland Security earned a grade of a D, a year after it came under scrutiny for alleged politicization of responding to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.

By Fred Lucas
March 16, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – Congress will hold a hearing on Wednesday to evaluate part of President Barack Obama’s three-year-old pledge to make transparency the “touchstone” of administration.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee issued a report Thursday that found the administration as a whole was slightly above average in providing government documents to the public.

The C- was achieved only by high scores from small government agencies, but major cabinet level departments such as the departments of Commerce, Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Interior and as well as the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) got failing grades for transparency.

The Department of Homeland Security earned a grade of a D, a year after it came under scrutiny for alleged politicization of responding to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. ....

Obama Transparencies

I think Obama is becoming more and more "transparent" by the day lately !!

More and more people are "seeing right through him" !!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Does it surprise anyone that a Republican controlled House committee would assign these grades to the Obama administration?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cataclysm

It wouldn't surprise me if the American people as a whole gave the entire government an F for transparency. I'm neither republican nor democrat and I think the C- is being quite generous.

join