It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Selection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Is it just me, or has this gone completely out the window with silly laws like

"It is illegal to walk across the street and talk on the cellphone simultaneously"

I understand that this is a danger, as you can possibly be hit.

However, an intelligent, and aware person can walk across the street talking on the cellphone and, worried about their own safety, look both ways and be aware of incoming vehicles.

If a person is so deep in their own little world that they cannot simply look around for means of their own safety, then I'm sorry, but they deserve to get hit by the car. Maybe this would finally wake said fool up.

Most of these laws nowadays are basically saying "We decide what's best for you because you don't know what's best for you" and we are just falling into it because the general population thinks it's "for our safety"

Just as bigger things like, TSA, and the CIA spying on us through our electronics is "for our safety". Why can't we decide for ourselves what's safe our not?

If we're dumb enough to get blown up by our choices, then let us.

It's just natural selection taking care of it.

I hope I don't offend anyone by this, just an opinion I've been thinking of lately. Wanted to see if anyone agreed.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There are a lot of laws that are seen as encroaching on individual rights. Seat belt laws, for example. Here in New Mexico, you can carry a loaded gun in your vehicle because it is considered an extension of your domicile. No permit required. But, you can get a ticket for not wearing your seat belt. So why does the state think it can dictate what I can and can't do in my vehicle with regard to my own safety when it clearly states that it is the same as if I were at home.

Not everyone is stupid and deserves to win a darwin award. Sometimes things happen TO us that we have no control over. I think some laws are necessary to prevent stupid people form hurting everyone else, but the cellphone crossing the street thing.. you're not going to hurt anyone but yourself if a car takes you out so that law is unnecessary.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Yep, I am referring to the laws that prevent "self-harm"

Such as suicide being illegal. How can this even be regulated in reality? If you commit suicide, you are dead, how can they convict you?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

Haha I like that one

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenEyedVixen
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Yep, I am referring to the laws that prevent "self-harm"

Such as suicide being illegal. How can this even be regulated in reality? If you commit suicide, you are dead, how can they convict you?
I don't think it's like that lol it's probably for the people who help with suicide and such.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Natural selection is extinct
No longer is it survival of the fittest or most capable
No longer do you need to provide to survive
Don't get me wrong we have evolved our sensibilities to care for the weak frail unfortunate and incapable
Which is a good thing

However the system is abused
And now even the self confessed drains on society admit what they are
The burdens, are able to stay at home providing nothing
Reciving everything, popping out babies ( then you get more money ! )
Draining, feeding off the rest of us
Natural selection is dead in our species
We killed it
We will suffer

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not referring to those with physical or mental disabilities, I just mean the plain out stupid.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I agree
May sound callous or somewhat de human but we are long overdue a culling of the heard
Most of us work ourselves to an early grave
While others are happy to kick back and live of the state so to say
Not helping their fellow man or to further our species
A willing burden

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader

I agree
May sound callous or somewhat de human but we are long overdue a culling of the heard
Most of us work ourselves to an early grave
While others are happy to kick back and live of the state so to say
Not helping their fellow man or to further our species
A willing burden

Not callous at all.
I am extremely sympathetic to all people in the world, but I don't sympathize with stupidity. If you are that unintelligent and unaware that you get hit by a car while on your cellphone, then you deserve to be hit. Maybe you will learn something. I'm not saying all stupid people need to die either, they just need to learn their lessons so people like me that can efficiently multi-task can carry on with their lives instead of being fined by the police for being on their cellphone, and other little things.

Welcome to the U*SS*A where we decide what you can and cannot do, what you are and are not capable of doing.

I think things like these, should be decided for ourselves, not regulated by the government.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Hmm lol I like you

With one breath they control everything we do so we don't get an owwie
Then the next breath they tell us to consume less, we live too long, high population, food shortages, draught, pollution

WELL BUT OUT THEN
And let the natural process come back

But then .......less people to tax

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yep, you hit the nail on the head. That's all it comes down to, is money.

The law is there so that if said dummy gets hit by a city bus whilst on their cellphone, then their right to sue is void as they are initially breaking the law by being on the phone in the first place.

The root of everything the government does boils down to money, nothing more, nothing less. They wish to see how much money they can leech from us without lifting a finger so they can spend it on more war machines.

Just what we need right, to war on ourselves(other humans)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I agree to some extent

Especially seeing how much the states in particular spends
But what many don't realise is that
Vast amounts of money go to R&D and development
Now I'm gonna go a bit weird here and compleatly off topic
Any new tech
especially energy tech ( but that's another tangent to explore some other time )
Always needs to be researched into its possible effects on your defence
Can it be weaponised ?
If it can, you have to develop it - in case your perceived enemy's develop it or already have it
Not only that but to learn how to defend against it - and you HAVE to develop that defence
The nuclear age is a relic
but you can't reveal the weapon or the tech either - like the atom bomb ( bad example but one many can grasp )
You can't release that tech - then possibly anyone can weaponise it
And you can't disclose the weapon - because your enemies will then focus their research, develop the same or better weapon - and the means to counter yours
We are all still in a arms race
We are still at war
Never forget that

Just that no one can admit it

Lol I just realised how much I like leaving bits like this scattered around in the least expected places

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

I don't forget we are at war, which is my problem I guess.

I believe we as humans should have evolved past that years ago. It's the 21st century and we are still fighting other humans?

We should all be united by now, not to sound like a hippy, but I guess I kind of am when it comes down to it.

Animals war because they do not know better. We are humans, not animals, we should know better by now that violence doesn't SOLVE anything. Sure, it'll temporarily fix it, but in the end, the way to fix all of our issues is to unite as the human race.

Not unite as US citizens, or UK citizens, or Pakistani citizens, we need to unite as humans because we are all the same underneath all of our divisions. We all wanna have sex, have a smoke, drink a beer, we like to boast, accomplish things, we want to love, and to be loved because we are just as human as everyone else.

See what I'm saying? It may be necessary now, but in the bigger picture I believe we should be far past that.

And many can argue "Well violence is in human nature"

Well, I guess I'm not human, or I'm an evolved branch of human because it's not in my nature. I just want to love and be loved. If I can't do that, then what good is anything?
edit on 17-3-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Define whom you think the war involves ( could it be )

Well they do say if it wasn't for the dark ages we would have begun to colonise space by now so yes we have been held back
Maybe as much so as today through greed and short term gains
Animals war for survival, the continuation of their bloodline
We have evolved past this
However we haven't risen above it
We should have evolved and become something greater ( or returned?)
Yes a NWO in the idealist sense
But violence is in everyone
It's how and when you choose to use that violence that defines you
You say you feel evolved
I have always felt from another time, like I just didn't fit
Either a relic from the past, or a reflection of tomorrow

Chk the sig

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Define whom you think the war involves ( could it be )

Well they do say if it wasn't for the dark ages we would have begun to colonise space by now so yes we have been held back
Maybe as much so as today through greed and short term gains
Animals war for survival, the continuation of their bloodline
We have evolved past this
However we haven't risen above it
We should have evolved and become something greater ( or returned?)
Yes a NWO in the idealist sense
But violence is in everyone
It's how and when you choose to use that violence that defines you
You say you feel evolved
I have always felt from another time, like I just didn't fit
Either a relic from the past, or a reflection of tomorrow

Chk the sig

Very true. I choose to use that violence to defend myself.

In my ideal little dreamland though, I shouldn't have to defend myself because there would be no other violent people.

I feel the same though, that my ideas are so radical that I just plain out don't belong in this time period. I have never felt as if I completely fit. The human condition leaves me wondering amongst the stars and not feeling like I'm apart of all of this.

We have gone so far off topic, but I like it, I enjoy the conversation

Also, you are/were involved in the service, I presume?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Either rightly or wrongly I consider myself quite separate from 'society'
Looking in from the outside

Ive moved to a training/advisor/ liaison role of sorts recently, quiter than what I'm used to
To be truthful I don't like being too specific about what I do or have done
( infact I've spent about 15 mins just thinking what to put lol
)
But to answer your question
yes
edit on 17-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No need to be specific, as I understand reasons for not wanting to be. Although I don't agree with everything the service does, and I don't think it should be there at all(in my perfect little world) I still highly respect those who wish to join it. And I think it's kinda sexy tbh, haha. Even if I'm a little hippy myself
Backwards, huh?

But, I just assumed is all.

As for:
"Either rightly or wrongly I consider myself quite separate from 'society'
Looking in from the outside"

Do you mean that as a general term, or in the means of being involved with the service?

I feel it generally myself. Which is strange because I'm not someone who has been friendless her entire life, or been alone. I socialize well, but when it comes to deeper topics, such as philopsophy or how society should go, and humanity's limitations being set by humanity themselves, then I start feeling like I just belong in another race entirely.

Something peaceful where we all love and hug our neighbor, sing cumbaya around campfires, and hold hands 'round the planet. The whole sha-bang.

Not REALLY that, but atleast a planet where we have learned that other humans are not the enemy and we can unite among a common goal, which is to advance ourselves in technology and spiritually.

Without some greedy fellow trying to use the technology for evil, because it's always atleast ONE silly person out there, haha.

Although, the cumbaya and such would be pretty nice too
imo
edit on 17-3-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
"I feel it generally myself. Which is strange because I'm not someone who has been friendless her entire life, or been alone. I socialize well, but when it comes to deeper topics, such as philopsophy or how society should go, and humanity's limitations being set by humanity themselves, then I start feeling like I just belong in another race entirely."

Ditto

I've felt it a very long time - nearly as long as I can remember, not always with positive results as naturally these feelings combined with pre and especially teenage years took my thoughts on this to quite dark places
Which stems a little to the relic/reflection thing and the possibilities both good and bad of that past or future
But I've just accepted it, but sometimes that can kinda mess with me , how can I be like this ? How can I consider myself so disconnected ? lol

Hippy lol
I'll let you into a secret
Shhhhh
I consider myself something of a warrior monk
One of the first things I always do when I return home is walk barefoot in the grass at night - feeling the fresh moist green bounce underfoot and between my toes the dew glazing my feet to feel moist fresh air fill my lungs
And to look up at the stars and from what they show me know I'm home

edit on 17-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

One of the first things I always do when I return home is walk barefoot in the grass at night - feeling the fresh moist green bounce underfoot and between my toes the dew glazing my feet to feel moist fresh air fill my lungs
And to look up at the stars and from what they show me know I'm home

edit on 17-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

This reminded of a little epiphany I had years ago during my travels, no matter the culture people are just people. Fondamentally we are all the same, a friendly attitude and a smile is absolutly a universal language, you can always find a way to communicate no matter what. When I felt lost I could always look up at the stars, where ever I was in the world they were always there to make me feel right at home.

They say home is where the heart is...and I let it sink in, this planet is OUR home.

alright /hippy off

Just contributing to the happy derailement of this thread

top topics

join