It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Refineries Close, Pushing Gas Prices Higher

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Just a reminder of who is most interested in this blog: most reads on days crucial to BP.
/wave lol
Posted on March 4, 2012

YO HO, BLOW THE MOTOR OUT: Seattle Times Reports NOAA/Fishery Employee Fraud! Bought Boat Rigged for Clandestine Observation of Poaching but Was Instead Used to Ferry Self-Entitled Fatasses Across Puget Sound. BOTTOM: BP BURNING ITS OWN REFINERIES TO JACK PRICES??
Posted on February 18, 2012

nuclearnuttery.wordpress.com... hing-but-was-instead-used-to-ferry-self-entitled-fatasses-across-puget-sound/

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Go to a 5 year chart. You will see a steep drop in the price of gas around July 2008. President George W. Bush lifted the moratorium on off shore drilling.

That's the biggest load of BS i've ever seen.

Gas prices went down because the economy was collapsing....thanks to your hero George Bush.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I could give a # about Obama..... I live on the Gulf Coast and pay $3.97...

That's freaking crazy to me. I just lived in Atlanta and right before I moved I filled up for $4.19 a gallon. I couldn't imagine my Chicago, New York, and West Coast comrades prices right now..

Obama should have approved the Keystone Pipeline.

He is doomed.

Everyone thinks this pipeline is all good and no bad. Trust me, its worse having a huge P/L like that full of 20 million barrels going over aquifers and such. The few jobs would mainly have been for pump station operatos long term. I worked on the Keystone P/L and can tell some stories alright, but I'm not lyin when I say Its nasty to process dirty canada oil.

Has anyone floated the idea of building a new state-of-the-art refinery in North Dakota?

Distribute the Super Unleaded & Diesel fuel from right there.

look...the oil companies don't want to lower prices by building MORE refineries...they will lose money!!
why is this so hard to understand...the oil companies will charge as much as they damn well want to, and there is nothing anybody can do about it...not the president, not congress, and not the courts. they run this cartel, and you will pay as much as they charge...period.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

That's freaking crazy to me. I just lived in Atlanta and right before I moved I filled up for $4.19 a gallon. I couldn't imagine my Chicago, New York, and West Coast comrades prices right now..

He is doomed.

Might this be a retaliatory move by the US oil industry because he did not approve it?

We're paying $3.50 in New Mexico.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
We are De-Industrializing our nation before our eyes....This will make us weaker....Its like kicking us while we are down, heck we do not even have another source of energy to take its place.....

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

This headline spells the end of the Obama presidency.

The oil refineries do not have the capability to refine low

quality oil from Venezuela . It has high sulfur content.

Instead of making improvements Sunoco is just trying to sell

the whole refinery.

It's over. The high price of gas is the Achilles heel of

President Obama. Killing the Keystone Pipeline and giving us

solutions like Algae have Americans fuming. The DNC phone call

to Hillary Clinton is imminent.

www.newser.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-3-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

This headline spells the end of the Obama presidency.

Not quite since the elections are always rigged by the elite bankers surely they would cheat for Obama but honestly what makes you think Romney would do any differently?

President Obama. Killing the Keystone Pipeline and giving us

Presidents and prime minsters dont have the control over the oil industry.

to Hillary Clinton is imminent.

Ugh you would want Clinton as President?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
Very few people in this thread seem to remember that the US does produce a lot of oil, but we export almost all of it, and then import what we need from other countries. It's really convoluted.

It's all to do with petro dollars. You sell all of your crude to others getting real dollars in return.

You buy other peoples oil with printed petro dollars that cost nothing to produce.

The worlds biggest laundering racket ever seen.

P

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
in the seventies the oil companies bought up all the refineries just to shut them down
no new refineries have been built since the seventies
they have enough oil on the north slope capped to bring the price down to the same as venezualans pay, but it can't be refined in the US ...see above
not to mention the coal locked down by clinton and the bakun field the canceled pipeline from Canada etc
its going to china via trains which have been bought up by such as Buffet and Gates

Israel gets its oil from Iraq via pipe..this is the oil that was supposed to pay for the Iraq war
it goes from the US 's bestest friend over to China the other US's bestest friend to get refined

it is in thier best intrests to have oil go up by having something happen in Iran too so oil goes through the roof

and because he who has the gold makes the rules, monopoly will be played

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
$3.98 in the Arizona Mountains.

Someone mentioned Hillary and the DNC as a possible solution. I say do it.

IMO FDR was the best President we ever had, and ask any historian worth his salt who was REALLY in charge and they'll tell you...........his wife.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull
Back in the 70's gas crunch the only oil field work available was capping producing wells so if during this one we are shutting refineries no surprise. What I find interesting is then and now we had a democratic president the oil companies did not like. So rather than point at the president during these examples I look to the oil companies. It was not by presidential edict those wells were filled with concrete in the seventies it was how the oil industry whipped the country in line the first time. Keystone oil is going to the gulf so it can be put on a tanker and shipped to indonesia and we are not likely to see a drop of it given the price of gas in indonesia. Time to look at the other hand folks the pres does not set oil prices or control them (if he did I can hear the screams from most of you) they are set by wall street speculation by the "job creators"
APB

Someone needs to tell the president he is not responsible. Someone also needs to tell Nancy Pelosi as well because she too thinks the White House is responsible. I guess the President doesn't have any control over prices when a Democrat is in the White House. But when George Bush is in office! These double talk mouth pieces have to go!

m.youtube.com...
edit on 17-3-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: Spelling corrections

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

IMO
your thread OP is a knee jerk reaction.
Crude from V. was good enough last month and the months prior.
Oil coming out of the bakkan is almost diesel
This maneuver can only be about padding the Saudi's pockets along with Corp Oil.

September Obama will as did G Bush open up drilling and " All Hale Obama"

or maybe all be banksters go to jail and its "All Hale Obama"

either way it will unfortunately be "All Hale Obama"

$4.35 in so cal.
edit on 17-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Who gives an S about Obama's approval rating. Or if this is the end of his Presidency! This is far more important than which moron is "supposedly" running our country.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

More funding to our world famous MIT !

‘Artificial leaf’ makes fuel from sunlight
Solar cell bonded to recently developed catalyst can harness the sun, splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen.
The device, Nocera explains, is made entirely of earth-abundant, inexpensive materials — mostly silicon, cobalt and nickel — and works in ordinary water.

They need to work on efficiency and gas storage from the artificial photosynethsis now....

Professor James Barber, a biochemist from Imperial College London who was not involved in this research, says this is a major achievement, which is one more step toward developing cheap and robust technology to harvest solar energy as chemical fuel.”

web.mit.edu...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

He is doomed.

The pipeline would not have lowered you gas prices one bit. The oil companies have even said our prices will go up. Why will our prices go up? Because all the oil from the keystone is marked for export.

The oil companies are raising prices simply because they can and they know the people who know no better will blame Obama for it.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Jetman44

It also costs $46,000.

It's range is too limited. GM has stopped production and laid off the employees.

Nobody wants to buy it.

GM should move the Chevy Volt into a museum right next to the Edsel.

Your right on the cost it's too high for the average American to spend on new tech.

The range of 100 miles easily covers at least 90% of the populations weekly needs.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
How can they be losing money?
Where is all the money I ,(we), pay for fuel going?

I think I'm going to buy a bike.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Same issue here in the UK back in Jan

1,000 jobs at risk as key UK oil refinery 'closes'

The Government gave an assurance it was doing all it could to find a buyer for one of the country's biggest oil refineries today after it fell into administration, prompting fears of job losses and fuel shortages.

The shutdown at the former BP-owned refinery - with a capacity of 175,000 barrels of crude oil per day - came as Zurich-based owner Petroplus said talks with its lenders had broken down and it had appointed a receiver to the UK refinery.

Have they just mortgaged themselves to the max, more bailouts / write off's maybe

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharpenmycleats

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull
Back in the 70's gas crunch the only oil field work available was capping producing wells so if during this one we are shutting refineries no surprise. What I find interesting is then and now we had a democratic president the oil companies did not like. So rather than point at the president during these examples I look to the oil companies. It was not by presidential edict those wells were filled with concrete in the seventies it was how the oil industry whipped the country in line the first time. Keystone oil is going to the gulf so it can be put on a tanker and shipped to indonesia and we are not likely to see a drop of it given the price of gas in indonesia. Time to look at the other hand folks the pres does not set oil prices or control them (if he did I can hear the screams from most of you) they are set by wall street speculation by the "job creators"
APB

Someone needs to tell the president he is not responsible. Someone also needs to tell Nancy Pelosi as well because she too thinks the White House is responsible. I guess the President doesn't have any control over prices when a Democrat is in the White House. But when George Bush is in office! These double talk mouth pieces have to go!

m.youtube.com...
edit on 17-3-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: Spelling corrections

ok...i'll take the time to point this out to you......bush came from an oil family, he owned or was partial owner in a couple of oil companies...the bushs were kissing buddies with the saudis...george bush sr. was an oil man...his father prescott bush was an oil man...this is why IT'S NOT DOUBLE TALK.....there is no equivilencey....obama had no connection to the oil industry....your arguement fails bigtime

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Just yesterday my husband and I were at a Nissan dealer getting the oil changed in our truck. While we were waiting, we walked around the lot and noticed a fully electric Nissan Leaf being charged up, so we asked a handy salesperson about it.

It was $33,000, very small, takes over 14 hours to fully charge up with a typical household AC set-up, and only goes 100 miles before the battery is dead. The salesman claimed that he had already sold 11 of them (this was a Lubbock, TX dealership). He stated that a few cities, like Houston, have "charge-up" stations around the city, and all the ones he sold were going to cities far away, except for one old farmer who bought one to drive from his home to his ranch office and back.

After we pointed out to him that, where we live, it was 100 miles to Lubbock, he said that the newer generation Leafs will go up to 500 miles on a charge, but that won't be until 2016.

Alrighty then. Meanwhile, most people have to make do with the vehicle they have, and suffer under the pressure of having to pay a lot more for gas to get to a job which doesn't pay much to begin with and will give no raises in the foreseeable future. Food is going up, gas is going up, utilities are through the roof, and wages are stagnant or dropping.

It's all a matter of time, folks, before the vast majority of people are pushed to the breaking point and the fabric of society starts to unravel.

But that won't be until after the presidential elections, I'm sure. Keep in mind that, whether you vote Demo or GOP, this country will be DOA if we keep going like this. Whatever bozo is at the helm when it happens matters not.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If America would move to electric cars along with biodiesel cars, there wouldn't be this problem.

Oil companies hate competition, as do corporations.

So until oil runs out, there won't be an infrastructure put in place.

You see, putting in a new infrastructure would also create jobs and put a lot of Americans to work.

So there are a lot of benefits to embracing electric and biodiesel cars.

But it's all about profit, and change must somehow mean loss of profit.

Sigh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join