It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens last episode "The Mystery of Puma Punku" DEVASTATED the show haters.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I really enjoyed this episode! Thanks for sharing! It's really compelling too.

My theory is they they melted the granite into moulds. And the groves were for wooden braces to make roofs or something like that. Its hard to tell what the original design would have been, but certainly fun to contemplate.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

because 9 out of 10 ancient civilizations TOLD they were taught in sciences, civilized and given "gifts" by "stargods".

Sources? I mean real ones.

link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
What makes me think it??? My teachers of high-school made me think it, because it was what they told me that happened.
The fact that you were taught that doesn't mean that everybody else was, or that you should still believe it.

After all, if you don't believe in other things, why do you keep on believing the "malnourished slaved" version?

link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

All this "alien" intervention yet... all these civilizations have gone the way of the Dodo. Funny isn't it?

Not actually. Most of them simply vanished into the blue, without leave a trace of how, where and when. It's historically and archaeologically proved, and still baffles scholars.

You make a interesting point. So then lies the question is Earth a proving ground and are we a work in progress? Were these civilizations taken away to colonize another planet, dimension even a different point in time? Were they sacrificed?
edit on 17-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

They changed the shape of the "wings", for example, changing the whole aerodinamic functioning of the object, so, to me, they cannot say truthfully that it is an exact copy. To me, it's an aeroplane that looks like that jewel, not a replica of that jewel that proves that it was the representation of an aeroplane.

So,where did the upright tail come from?
Not from birds ,but maybe fish?
And artistic interpretation is usually not a working model of the original object.
Whose to say.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I have some very strong feelings about the AA show on the history channel. At first I thought the show was great entertainment, and even a good source of unknown knowledge, but have now changed my mind twoards it.

The show has gained the feel of (to me anyway) being the beginning of a new religious belief system for mankind. It seems that they are trying to replace our old ideas of gods and GOD with the idea that it was all really done by aliens. I have a problem with this idea right from the start because to assume aliens played a part in building these ancient structures, or account for the ancient stories of gods interacting with humans (which the latter does truly suite me better than GOD coming down from heaven to tell man things) not only diminishes mans role and intelligence, but also it illogically assumes aliens exist. Now I do not doubt that, perhaps, aliens do exist, but does it not seem more likely that man, no matter how advanced he had to be to build these structures, did INDEED build this structures.

It is like UFO's, to me it seems that just because people have never seen these vehicles, nor do they know who is operating them, it is a failure of logic to automatically say, "Well I do not know, so it has got to be ET."

Does it not seem more logical that these vehicles being zipped around our earths skies are inhabited not by a foreign unknown species, but rather the dominant species we see here before our very eyes. In other words, since these UFO's are flying around earth, doesn't it make sense that an earthly creature (like humans) are the ones flying the UFO's?

I had always been a very strong believer in aliens existing. Now, I have come to a different conclusion (and more logical in my humble opinion anyway). Now I am not saying that what I feel is true, IS truth, necessarily, but I do think that the simpler answer usually tends to be the right one.

Again, I have liked the show for the most part, and Puma Punku is quite the ancient site that we have no ability to replicate with our current smarts. Now with that said, I cannot get over what I feel is a dark indocrination going on with this TV series, not to mention the logical jumps one must make in order to believe the ideas presented in the show, in the format they want you to see them.

Do I think Puma Punku was built by aliens, or man with aliens help.....Well I really don't know....

Do I think man built these ancient structures with the help of more advanced men from outside the societies that built them, again I do not know, but does that not seem more logical than ALIENS? Again, if you really beleive it's aliens, then will you please specifiy for me which species? You see what I am doing here?

I am not trying to diminish your threads ideas, I am just trying to show you that some more reason needs to be put behind these theories of who built these ancient sites. I think man built these things! Now whether or not man had help from some more advanced humans, be them from earth or mars or w/e I don't know. What I do know is that humans are the only known ET's on this planet at the moment, and until I have the information in front of me about a new species of alien from such and such a place, with such and such a time scale of evolution in the universe, I am no longer ready to make the leap of logic that aliens of some sort built these, or even helped....Again I will accept advanced humans capable of space travel perhaps visiting here on earth from somewhere else helped, or even more advanced men from here on earth itself, but I have never seen concrete evidence of another species living outside of our earth yet, so until that happens how can anyone make the leap of logic in assuming automatically that YES aliens exist, and YES aliens helped humans.....again if you beleive that, can you please specify which exact species of alien did this?

Please do not say Anunaki lol...I want more info than that

I am not trying to thumb my nose at you 1anunakibastard, I really do want to have a debate on the above that I have said. I will not respond with anything but respect for the debate and conversation; no mudslinging, no name calling, no diversionary tactics. I just really do not know how so many people are not seeing the problem with assuming it was all done by aliens help with humans here on earth.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
reply to post by gortex

Keep an open mind, people.

But not so open that your brain falls out.

How about you do some research for yourself beyond what charlatans like Tsoukalos and van Daniken do for you. Just because somebody who's famous for his goofy hairdo tells you its impossible for something to have been done by human hands doesn't make it so.

It's hilarious to me that people really, genuinely believe this crap. It's like I'm watching some strange new religion form.

Like the physical evidence is worthless because the show is on television. I just can't understand why supposedly smart people would ignore things like the dovetails in the H blocks, the holes drilled in the groves, etc. and instead focus on the reputations of some of the people on the show. Oh wait, sure I can, they do that because they have no other substantial argument. And it wasn't Tsukalos saying it was impossible, it was the other guys. The skeptics are pissing their pants flailing for any argument. Give it up already you guys sound foolish.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Fish are a good option.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where did the eyes come from?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Of course they made it into an aeroplane. They put engines and landing gear on it. They just made the OBVIOUS becoming FUNCTIONAL. I mean, it's not like the picked an ancient soup bowl and gave it wings, a tail and landing gears.
They changed the shape of the "wings", for example, changing the whole aerodinamic functioning of the object, so, to me, they cannot say truthfully that it is an exact copy. To me, it's an aeroplane that looks like that jewel, not a replica of that jewel that proves that it was the representation of an aeroplane.

Of course they changed, or better, they IMPROVED the aerodynamic design of the artifacts, because AGAIN, they were manufactured by ARTISANS interpreting what they saw landing in the lands, not by actual engineers with a layout printed by Lockeed Martin... And IMO these flight tests are irrefutable, no matter how some people still denying. These flight tests are sort of a "turn the lights out and shut the door after you leave" situation. There's nothing to argue about.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Fish are a good option.

Are you still having problems with aircraft eyes??

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I agree that it was a really great episode, probably the best since the first season.

I thought the theory that the H-blocks were a railway for planes or spacecraft was dumb, since they are found perfectly side-by-side.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
they say one theory was use trees to roll stones that were 60mil miles away from puma punku site and who the hell in their right mind would roll stones weighing 100 tons 60miles on trees? EPIC FAIL forcast not likely

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I always love the debate Ancient Alien discussion brings. Most are feverishly opinionated for or against the idea and seeing that it's mostly speculation many still firmly believe they have the right one. Whats fact is that many instances of ancient creation are inded unknown to us as to how it was created. Some to the level that in my humble opinion does beg the question as to just how in high heaven was it done? But I digress...

Here is the thing. Sure it's a leap to think 'Aliens' for what we do not understand. BUT this doen not mean Aliens did not have a hand in on it. We are not in the dark ages, we do not simply look at the unknown anymore and thing 'Gods' or 'Magic' for lack of comprehention. If some intelligently designed structure truely defies all logic and explaination even after examination from todays experts then one must consider the Ancient Alien angle. Puma Punku has merit here. Despite every best effort I have seen that tries to explain how the structures there were made with human hands, they all fall short of anything tangable and are just as much speculation as anything.

The materials used, the detail achieved, the creation concept all seem to fly in the face of what was possible to the land occupiers of the time. Does this equate to Aliens? Of course not. But until someone actually takes a slab of equal size and material, moves, carve, and stacks it the same as then with what was available back then to actually prove it can be done, the possibility of Alien intervention needs to stay on the table. It's just as much a leap to say 'lost knowledge' as it is 'ancient aliens' and both should be treated with possible merit.

Just my 2...
edit on 17-3-2012 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by AlienStalker

You Sir. have so much Potential...do not lose it.

link   

Fish are a good option.

Not seeing where the eyes come into play,nor the flying lawnmowers.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I understand how well crafted these structures are but to say "Such primitive" people couldnt have done this, completely discredits civilizations of the past. Is it really so hard to think that they had thousands of people helping to create these magnificent stones and besides that think about how much time they had they didnt have phones computers, televisions, or anything to stope them from working day in day out. im just saying we should stop trying to find alien solutions to everything that we cant grasp or fully understand

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Originally posted by cripmeister

All this "alien" intervention yet... all these civilizations have gone the way of the Dodo. Funny isn't it?

Not actually. Most of them simply vanished into the blue, without leave a trace of how, where and when. It's historically and archaeologically proved, and still baffles scholars.

You make a interesting point. So then lies the question is Earth a proving ground and are we a work in progress? Were these civilizations taken away to colonize another planet, dimension even a different point in time? Were they sacrificed?
edit on 17-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

I think they were not sacrificed because there are no ancient mass graves in the Andes. They literally vanished and it leaves one answer: They were evacuated away of this planet.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The "airplane" artifact has eyes. Why?

The fact that a modified version of the artifact was made to fly demonstrates nothing. Just about anything can be made to fly.

link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Fish are a good option.

Not seeing where the eyes come into play,nor the flying lawnmowers.

Phage is still struggling with his question about "aircrafts having eyes"??

link   

They were evacuated away of this planet.

Or Inside it... Maybe worth checking for an entrance into the hollow earth in the Andes?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join