It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens last episode "The Mystery of Puma Punku" DEVASTATED the show haters.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Water, when it freezes, expands. So you fill the slots & holes with water, leave them overnight to freeze & expand and in the morning have a chunk of stone easily cleaved off.

Water contracts when it freezes, it expands when heated. Nothing I know of contracts when heated or expands when cooling.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

He is not always on the money however he makes many valid points. His opinion is not the same as the fact. Nothing is etched in stone I take everything with a grain of salt but overall these are just instances of evidence of a overall larger picture. The evidence is staggering and his interpretation does not take away from that. The strawman or the grammar nazi would agree it ruins his credibility not the critical thinker. He was wrong about something so what, he moves on, we move on to the next artifact. Lets not shoot the messenger.

edit: he is also a comedian and makes fun of himself all the time if you get his brand of humor

Heckelers or Hater lighten up

edit on 17-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I'm 110% sure that if the aboriginals from the 13,000 ft peak of the Andes, saw something like that landing in their mountains 3,000 years ago, they would interpret it as "how the stargods see the things through the eyes of their thunderbirds".

And that's a big part of the problem. Assigning the way you think to the way people in an entirely different culture thought. You have a cultural bias.

I guess it's more like a genetic bias, because humans of 9 out 10 ancient cultures, to be fair, 10 out of 10, reported the SAME "stargods", the same "thunderbirds" coming from the sky... When people from the Andes depicted the Sumerian alien-kings Ningishzidda and Ishkur and ceramic bowls with Sumerian cuneiform glyphs are found 3,000 years later in Peru, "cultural biases" are carried by the wind.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
"I don't understand it....Therefore it MUST be aliens!"
Somebody needs a class in "plausible" vs. "probable".
There is a very big difference.

"plausible"
Thats the term my ten year old son used to explain how bb's from his bb gun ended up in the neighbors pool.
"They got caught inbetween my dogs toes ,and when she was scratching around,flung them into your pool,it's plausible"
Exact quote from my son.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

and who taught the birds how to use those plants to soften the rocks?
Aliens

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

That's awesome.
Your son should be on that show in place of the guy with the wacky hair.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Let them rage while we simply smile.
Or vice versa.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

All this "alien" intervention yet... all these civilizations have gone the way of the Dodo. Funny isn't it?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I guess we can have a slight idea about power tools being used to build those megalithic structures in the Andes, if we take a look at the statues of the so called "Tula" warriors, who according to the local traditions were giant African-like stonemasons always seen in the company of Quetzalcoatl. They are usually depicted bearing something hanging in their waist, that looks A LOT like power tools in holsters.

Of course the naysayers will say that those objects are "fancy chisels", "stone hammers" or perhaps "ceremonial magic wands"...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

But what here actually proves aliens? It could all just be formerly advanced humans.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Looks like a whiskey bottle to me. Those aliens must've been hella partiers!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

All this "alien" intervention yet... all these civilizations have gone the way of the Dodo. Funny isn't it?

The irony is our civilization is beginning to take a similar path. I give humanity a few years to self destruct with help from the elite.

Some new species will rise and find a fossilized Lady Gaga CD and speculate WTF?
edit on 17-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Not actually. Most of them simply vanished into the blue, without leave a trace of how, where and when. It's historically and archaeologically proved, and still baffles scholars.

link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
So it takes us AGAIN to the start point of the whole thing: If they had them, WHO taught them to construct them, WHO give them knowledge in mechanics, tools crafting, industry logistics, etc?
Who taught men to make fire, to make stone and wood tools, to polish stone and bone to make newer, better tools, etc., etc..

But then you have ANOTHER problem, because all civilizations of Andes highlands openly reported that in most cases those buildings were directly constructed by their "stargods", not by the aboriginals. You skeptics are stuck in a circle where either you call these aboriginals "liars" and "fanciful" or the theorists of the Ancient Alien hypothesis "hoaxers".
I'm not talking about what tradition says about those constructions, I am only talking about the supposed advanced tools needed to shape the stones like that.

From what I know, it could have been really stargods, aliens or another civilization that the locals do not know.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

and who taught the birds how to use those plants to soften the rocks?
Aliens

Could be just by observation of nature at work,some where on that thread it was mentioned that it was observed that the birds were carving out holes in a granite cliff wall,I think.

Oh,ha ha,just caught the sarcasm.

edit on 17-3-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Not actually. Most of them simply vanished into the blue, without leave a trace of how, where and when. It's historically and archaeologically proved, and still baffles scholars.

Really? I thought that there was a quite well laid out historical record of warfare. Quite a lot of evidence of famine as well. Then the Spanish showed up. Of course, the "History" Channel never mentions that.

edit on 3/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

why? Whose to say it's alien?

How do you know it's not just humanity 100%, and we just tend to blow ourselves up every 5000 years?

We've been around for about 50,000 years as a species. Some would argue 20,000 with some data on linguistics abilities. Either way. That's plenty of time for modern civilization to make itself and destroy itself a few times over. It only takes about 1000 years for humanity to crawl from ark ages to modernity.

link   
The mysteries of Puma Punku are indeed VERY intriguing, but it does not prove IN ANY WAY that aliens had a hand in its construction. Occam's Razor suggests that the indigenous people were just of a higher caliber of stone working than their contemporary peers. The "laser precision" argument would carry more weight if that same hadn't been made for crop circles and the Nazca Lines. You would be surprised what you could do with a simple piece of rope.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
Of course they made it into an aeroplane. They put engines and landing gear on it. They just made the OBVIOUS becoming FUNCTIONAL. I mean, it's not like the picked an ancient soup bowl and gave it wings, a tail and landing gears.
They changed the shape of the "wings", for example, changing the whole aerodinamic functioning of the object, so, to me, they cannot say truthfully that it is an exact copy. To me, it's an aeroplane that looks like that jewel, not a replica of that jewel that proves that it was the representation of an aeroplane.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

But what here actually proves aliens? It could all just be formerly advanced humans.

Yes it could, but still taking us back to the primordial question, because 9 out of 10 ancient civilizations TOLD they were taught in sciences, civilized and given "gifts" by "stargods". You can struggle and run away, but in every single direction you go, concerning this subject, you always will stumble with references to ancient extraterrestrials. Like naysayers or not.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join