It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens last episode "The Mystery of Puma Punku" DEVASTATED the show haters.

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I know AA theory is sexy and all (41 pages of sexiness) but there is a much smaller (not as sexy i.e. 2 pages and no AA stuff) post "TUMSHUKAIKO : 5 to 7 thousand years BC. Older than Caral !" that might be interesting to read too.

edit on 3-4-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haze617
wow..just wow...you basically said e.t's havent come here because they haven't stopped at your house to applaud you for your i.q score?

I can't figure out if you are just trying to be an internet troll or if you really are that in love with yourself

I think he was being funny since aliens have not stopped off at anyone's house in the history of the human race...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

No doubt ancient forced-air blast furnaces did exist, as you mention Japan the Samaria swords were made by a process that involved repeated heating, hammering, heating process, and what and how materials were added to the process. Also stuff like Damascus steel was far superior to anything in the west as the Crusaders found out. Very often the skill in such manufacture was timing and when to do each step. Thats the thing in metallurgy that is so important and why it takes an apprentice so long to get the technique down.

Think 10,000 times more difficult then learning to ride a bike. And unlike getting off a bike and just getting back on its easy to miss numerous steps. Bike riding involves "muscle memory, while the other skills require that and much more complicated attention to the detail and it's minutia. Such tremendous detail and physical process control is why such amazing skills are so prized. One reason also before the age of more complex machines such skills were viewed much more as art then what we would call application of a technology applied and a process.

Even today such skills are an intimate blend of material science, the process and instinct. You really need to apply all of the above to be more then a competent device maker, but an artist. sees the blending of all as "the process". Very heavy with art, why artistic talent is so important when designing architecture, machines, cars or gadgets. Those who get it right, in the form of something like a car or machine and we think "wow, thats gorgeous, it just flows and looks so right". The best technology just looks, indeed feels, beautiful.
edit on 3/4/12 by arbiture because: correct spelling and add stuff.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
One reason also before the age of more complex machines such skills were viewed much more as art then what we would call application of a technology applied and a process.
And their secrets were well guarded, sometimes by speaking their own language, like the fala dos arxinas, so nobody understood what they were talking about.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You hit it right the nose, as guilds, craftsmen, often did have there own language, the reason often being because new tools and techniques, skills require new words. What were "guild speak" was adopted for the industrial and then post industrial age. It can be Klingon or a member of a guild, or science or technology. Both are invented as to words, etc. Thats how we develop new words in any language, We make it up as we go. English and German are among the most robust in this capacity. No kidding. German's more of a specific language in many ways its just hard for me to try to use words of 20+ letters. Think I stutter badly in English? I do but at least most understand me in English. And German? Don't even go there. Woo.

Its a let down for many but we come up with new words even "wise women" and "wise men", usually women who were of the ancient nature religion and more in effect a lifestyle. They were considered the very best midwives and that also included Jewish midwifes. I check as to why and the interesting part of both Jewish and Wiccan midwifes were among other things they washed their hands. The Jewish traditions more for reasons of keeping Kosher, and Wicca because it made sense to them. Amazing natural skills in that it was a method (I can't speak for the Jewish traditions, but am familiar much more with the Wiccan, knowing members of that ancient nature religion/lifestyle.

Wiccan is often confused with paganism and there are some similarities but Wicca is far more based on observation and not just primitive idol worship. To the Wiccan, Druids perhaps and other pre-monotheistic religion-lifestyles all life had an equal relationship with nature as both the "god" and also equal as to the importance of both male and female having total equality to represent the mystery and majic of what faith was before the male centric power based and enforced faith-concepts took over.

It seems obvious to us today but Christianity was more concerned with ritual and ideology then Jewish, Wiccan, or Islam. Note many dietary rules based on things like not eating pork are the same between Jews and Muslims. Many Wiccan are vegetarian, or vegan. But its also accepted by some that the right to survive which may need one to kill and eat an animal is the right of all living things to survive.

As for midwives, because having good food, fresh air, and clean hands to deliver a baby helped the kids survive, people took notes and were less hung up about ritual as opposed to observation of effects. In effect because of Wiccan apothecary observations of natural products they studied and used the products of nature, and historically were among the best "trained"in the healing arts, and were the original herbalist's and skilled in apothecary, or what we call today pharmacists (chemists in the UK/NZ/Australia etc).

Wicca (which by the way is a legitimate church as those members of the administration of services that include: Priests or Priestesses can legally at least as far as I know in most US states and territories perform all the rituals associated with other religions, those ceremonies from birth to death.

That includes marriage, funeral and death services and can serve often in the capacity of mediators, or marriage consolers as other clergy can. Wicca does not require anymore the a Rabbi or Catholic Priest to have special skills in this area but I know two of the Wiccan clergy that do have special above-the-norm training who sometimes have state licensed therapy and physiologist credentials for which they need the same training to do this as a function of credential required duties.

As for aspects of certain not as much "secret" societies but ones you can't just write a check and join, as with the Masons you have to be invited by another Mason. I know because I'm a Third Degree Mason. And the "mystery" is the fact that most rituals and even being invited are great ways to freak some people out, unintentionally in fact but for centuries many organizations notably the Catholic church thought the Masons were a competitor. Secrecy kept Masons alive in many parts of Europe and even in the late 19th, early 20th century in the US. And who targeted Masons along with blacks, Catholics, and Jews in the US? The KKK.

Free thinking, free association and very quietly good works done in completely untraceable ways, be it paying strangers hospital bills, providing supplies for hard pressed schools so teachers wouldn't have to out of there own pocket, food shelf stocking etc was not something the KKK was known to do. With no concern as to color, creed, politics, only not being able to because of lack of money. A bit like the Shriners without the funny hats. As a guy on "the inside" I can tell you the Masons are about as conspiratorial as the Rotary Club, Auto Club, or the VFW. And I belong to those as well.

edit on 3/4/12 by arbiture because: correct spelling, and forgot the secret hand shake

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The series would be far better if they focused on ancient civilisations rather than attempting to attribute aliens to everything from bigfoot, the American founding fathers, ghosts - you name it. At this rate we'll seen an episode entitled 'Ancient Aliens & Mermaids'. It's as if History thought of a way to cram their usual documentaries into one show under this banner

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Threads like this keep confirming my belief that people will cite ANYTHING as evidence for their misguided and fantastic beliefs. Sorry I don't have low expectations for evidence in my quest for knowledge.

I find reality exciting and wonderous enough as it is, and don't need sci-fi pseudo-truths to be overcome with awe by the fantastic abilities of humans and nature.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Fabricating your own evidence out of force manipulation of education through fear and bribery.. It's amazing the extent people fail to see of corruption.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by overclockedpc

i agree annunaki, my mesoamerican ancestry can be date back to Peru and Belize. I know they were quite great at astronomy and skilled in engineering. But i am able to admit that even they couldn't have moved such monoliths to the middle of nowhere and created such smooth cuts on these stones with chisels and such. I've always wondered what mainstream scholars would have to say for this and i Believe they're humbly stumped....lol

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonofLeod

Fabricating your own evidence out of force manipulation of education through fear and bribery.. It's amazing the extent people fail to see of corruption.

Who is fabricating evidence and who is bribing who?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I wish I could like the show, I really do. The guy with the hair (that's all I have to say) just completely destroys any and all credibility, for me. I am highly interested in the subject matter and alternative theories, but this show is framed in such a way, especially with "the hair guy", that makes me feel like it is about "as real" as the Kardashian TV show. I just can't get behind it.

That said, what are they going to do when they run out of sites to talk about?

-Waiting for the episode when the hair guy explains how Aliens took the Light House of Alexandria home with them- thats why we can't find it.
edit on 8-4-2012 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
AA theory = propaganda.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I now have a small (a cube with 10 cm sides) block of granite, a stone that came from my street's calçada now I only need some time to do some tests.

I will let you know about any progresses I make in trying to work it with primitive tools.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
this is amazing news

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by WingedBull

you guys live and breathe the 'coincidence excuse'.

how all these supposedly disparate cultures came to share not only very similar gods and myths but also similar ability and style of building techniques is no coincidence. and then some will say "you don't give the primitive humans enough credit for their determination and ingenuity

It is also no coincidence that the modern cultures and nations of today share the same ability and style of architecture. Going by your logic, this somehow means we had help from aliens. It doesn't matter if I'm applying my argument to modern times or to ancient times. If an argument is truly logical then it must always come out with the same answer, and there is nothing logical about your argument. We know how modern buildings were built, but just because it is claimed by some clowns on a TV show that ancient structures were built by some alien, because they claim it is not known how they were built, doesn't automatically make it true or even a hypothesis to be taken seriously. Regardless of stories from ancient cultures about "star gods", this belief in advanced biological entities from some distant planet having an influence on the creation of humans and its development would have never been taken seriously in the first place without the advent of science fiction, all the crap that's been drummed into our heads from Hollywood for the last fifty odd years that is now laughably taken seriously as real history. And I've already discussed the effects that movies have on the public psyche in the link below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 15-4-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

who made these building codes back then? who spread the information? this still doesn't address the physical realities of cutting shaping and handling stones of the sizes we find all around the world.

and p.s.
why shouldn't the subject be taken seriously? there are around ten BILLION Earth like planets in the Milky Way Galaxy alone- we know life can arise on this planet and there are many others like it out there that have had way more time for life to appear than this one, therefore older more advanced species should then be all over the place, looking for resources and whatever else it is they do. that logic is more rational than anything I've heard yet.

edit on 15-4-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by BlackManINC

who made these building codes back then? who spread the information? this still doesn't address the physical realities of cutting shaping and handling stones of the sizes we find all around the world.

and p.s.
why shouldn't the subject be taken seriously? there are around ten BILLION Earth like planets in the Milky Way Galaxy alone- we know life can arise on this planet and there are many others like it out there that have had way more time for life to appear than this one, therefore older more advanced species should then be all over the place, looking for resources and whatever else it is they do. that logic is more rational than anything I've heard yet.

If we want to assume that the info containing the know how to build these structures was spread at all, then they were obviously spread as the societies expanded and traveled meeting other societies in the process, very simple. I don't have to go into outlandish Hollywood induced fantasies about advanced beings from outer space coming to earth to move a bunch of blocks to build structure's that are made of natural material that the so called "primitive" cultures could have built themselves. My whole problem with this isn't the question of life in space, it is quite possible that there if is life in space, the creator can do whatever it wants. My problem is this is being pushed for a political agenda that will become clear to everyone as time goes along if it isn't by now.

Thanks to the con men at NASA, backed up with science fiction, we believe that space travel is even possible, that if we supposedly went to the Moon, then other space faring creatures could have visited our planet. I have information stating that metal objects of any kind cannot operate in a vacuum because of a process known as cold welding, meaning that the vacuum of space causes metal to stick together, which can be catastrophic in a space craft. If you try and pressurize the metal object, then it will contract even faster and explode. This is a problem NASA was still trying to resolve as late as 1969 and is still an issue with the space agencies, which should make you wonder how they landed Apollo 11 on the Moon the same year. This is real science, not the science fiction that Hollywood and fraud groups like NASA want you to believe in, with all their bull sh!t explanations they have given us for how the Moon Landings were pulled off.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC ...then they were obviously spread as the societies expanded and traveled meeting other societies in the process, very simple.

So the Egyptians taught the Chileans? I think that's groundbreaking news.

Originally posted by BlackManINC
I don't have to go into outlandish Hollywood induced fantasies about advanced beings from outer space coming to earth to move a bunch of blocks to build structure's that are made of natural material that the so called "primitive" cultures could have built themselves.

this doesn't come from Hollywood it comes from the actual people who were involved telling us that people from the stars and other planets did this and also taught them everything they know. Why won't people believe them in a literal sense? Why do we on one hand say how advanced the "primitives" were to make these structures yet we can't take them at face value when they admit they were either given the knowledge temporarily or that the sky people did it? We say "Ohhh they're just telling silly stories. People couldn't fly back then!", so if they're smart enough to figure out how to do this with ropes and copper saws, why wouldn't they take the credit for it? Why give away such power to 'myths'? Why not even lie and say you did it just to scare your enemies? What's their motive (global cultures mind you) for lying? They're all lying about the same things in the same way? That's quite a coincidence.

My whole problem with this isn't the question of life in space, it is quite possible that there if is life in space, the creator can do whatever it wants. My problem is this is being pushed for a political agenda that will become clear to everyone as time goes along if it isn't by now.

My reason for believing this is because it makes more sense than any other theories of our origins. It answers all the world's mysteries simply and elegantly. I don't support any kind of ideas that have to do with enslaving people or dominating any one in any way. I look to this as something that will free us from our enslavement by the banksters. My hope is that the aliens are actually compassionate to us and upgrade our civilization every now and then. I'm staying an optimist.

I have information stating that metal objects of any kind cannot operate in a vacuum because of a process known as cold welding...

doesn't mean some other more advanced species didn't already figure out how to overcome anything like that. I try not to get too bogged down with too many specific details that may or may not be true. There's a lot of disinformation out there to say the least. I like to keep it simple and just accept the basic premise that we were put here by a more advanced race of people from off planet. That way I'm not confused with all the "this guy did this" and "NASA did that" and that all just sounds like Hollywood stories to me any way.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC ...then they were obviously spread as the societies expanded and traveled meeting other societies in the process, very simple.

So the Egyptians taught the Chileans? I think that's groundbreaking news.

Nothing in Chile resembles Egyptian architecture.

Other than the fact that there is actuallty architecture there, of course.

I don't have to go into outlandish Hollywood induced fantasies about advanced beings from outer space coming to earth to move a bunch of blocks to build structure's that are made of natural material that the so called "primitive" cultures could have built themselves.

this doesn't come from Hollywood it comes from the actual people who were involved telling us that people from the stars and other planets did this and also taught them everything they know. Why won't people believe them in a literal sense? Why do we on one hand say how advanced the "primitives" were to make these structures yet we can't take them at face value when they admit they were either given the knowledge temporarily or that the sky people did it?

Please provide any evidence at all that any ancient culture claimed to have received construction knowledge from "people from the stars" or the like.

Harte
edit on 4/16/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

seriously?

churchofcriticalthinking.org...

"Ancient Egyptian legends tell of Tep Zepi, or the First Time. This is described as an age when "sky gods" came down to Earth and raised the land from mud and water.

They supposedly flew through the air in flying "boats" or fire and brought laws and wisdom to man through a royal line of pharaohs.

Of course, this was all thrown out the window when christianity came along. Keep in mind that the Gods were the one and only 'religion' that there was. No other conflicting beliefs? Why? Well, because it was fact, not faith. The modern church would have you believe that's it's just a myth."

and do I really need to go look for those pictures that were posted by (I think) anunnakibastard like thirty pages ago showing very clearly the similarities between the stone work? How about you find some proof that the ancients claimed they did the work and not people from the stars? that would help your argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join