It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens last episode "The Mystery of Puma Punku" DEVASTATED the show haters.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I can accept that we have little knowledge of how this site, among many others, was constructed.

My experience and world view allows me the possibility that there is life elsewhere. My experience with sculpting tells me that the level of technological sophistication required for construction of this type FAR surpasses that which is currently and generally available. Hence, this site, combined with other clues, allows me to entertain the IDEA that our Incan and Egyptian ancestors maybe had a bit of help.

Add the fact that their own creation stories mete that out as well, and I'd say the evidence looks fairly good for the AAT.

I realize conjecture and supposition is inherent in my argument, but so little of science is bereft of those elements that, in my humble opinion, the theory still holds water.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Isn't it possible that there was a species pre dating man indigenous to this planet that interceeded with man. That man is not the original species of such intelligence? There are so many references to giants in the earth int those days. And mysterious beings. It does not matter if you are a religios god fearing man or an athiest. The bible is based on historical events such as the great flood famine wars ect. As well as races of beings ect. So whos to say these beings did not coexist and if they left something behind to be remembered? Of all the life forms on earth humanity is the only race to make such progress?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

Allow me to state my position.

I'm quite sure there is life elsewhere.

I see no evidence in Puma Punku of anything which could not be accomplished by humans now, or then.

I think that humans have a great capacity to conceptualize and to use skill and ingenuity to accomplish.

I think that it is human nature to wonder about origins. I think that ancient peoples knew that life (in the form of sunshine and rain) comes from the sky. I think that, because they were careful observers, they understood that there was a link between the movements of the stars and seasons. I think that they believed that it was the movement of the stars which controlled the seasons. I think it was a logical conclusion to believe that everything that influenced their lives had to do, ultimately, with the sky. I think that is the reason they linked their origins and influences to the sky.

I see no reason to invoke an extraterrestrial influence upon ancient South Americans or any other early civilizations.

edit on 3/18/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
I guess we can have a slight idea about power tools being used to build those megalithic structures in the Andes, if we take a look at the statues of the so called "Tula" warriors, who according to the local traditions were giant African-like stonemasons always seen in the company of Quetzalcoatl. They are usually depicted bearing something hanging in their waist, that looks A LOT like power tools in holsters.

Of course the naysayers will say that those objects are "fancy chisels", "stone hammers" or perhaps "ceremonial magic wands"...

Or a bag...

OP, you talk as though aliens walked around with every ancient civilisation in the world. Where they now, how many people are encountering them enough to create sculptures or megaliths for them? I guess the aliens must have stopped walking around Earth once humans started to paint more realistically. Every culture produces its art and representations with its own style, especially when those civilisations were not connected to the world. One day future humans might look at Japanese art of the last few decades and think they were aliens compared to Europeans or vice versa.

I just think sculptures are very subjective, I do illustrations that look nothing like a real human but it does not mean I have been hanging out with extra-terrestrials. How about find some of that technology if it was in so much abundance, where are all the unearthed laser guns amongst the pots and arrow heads?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

It's possible, but where are the remains of those people and their civilization?

From what I know, there aren't any real evidences of that.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Looks like a hand saw to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by OwenGP185

Looks like a hand saw to me.

This thread could explain a lot..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on March 18th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: removed auto flag...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

Cute trick...the autoflagging, I mean.
To bad you didn't do it right.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Cute trick...the autoflagging, I mean.
To bad you didn't do it right.

Auto flag? Not sure what that is. I had flagged this in the past.. saved it as a link? Is that what you mean?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The way you posted the link, anyone who clicks it will automatically flag the thread.
Or would, if the link was correctly posted.
I understand you didn't realize it.

edit on 3/18/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That doesn't happen any more, that's why the link is broken in two. No more automatic stars or flags.

Sorry everybody for the off-topic intermission.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The way you posted the link, anyone who clicks it will automatically flag the thread.

Oh. So... I should not link a thread that I flagged? Refresh first? I just bookmark some pages so, I don't have to search

Ok. nevermind then
edit on 18-3-2012 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

When I put the link back together (to check) it did work. I flagged the thread (which is ok, it's a good thread).
Funny thing is, I can't unflag it.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Do you think the ancients believed the earth was flat Phag ? Since you are so rarely stating your case it would be of great interest to know your position on this.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by ArMaP

When I put the link back together (to check) it did work. I flagged the thread (which is ok, it's a good thread).
Funny thing is, I can't unflag it.

I noticed that also with old threads.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

How ancient?
Some of the smarter ones had it figured out pretty early on.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm surprised there is no mention of the Nasca Lines.

I believe this is the Grey Alien looking head from Tiwanaku:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
reply to post by Xtrozero

I knew using 90 degrees was too big an oversimplification, but I was trying to make a point. Actually, the precise angle is around 82 degrees, which is even more perplexing than 90.

So, you're saying that the ancients used the equivalent of an emory board to make these gigantic, geometrically perfect building blocks? Have you ever worked with stone?

I'm saying is if they can find material that is harder than the stone they can cut, sand do whatever. Since the stone is 5.5 to 6 in hardness they had no problem. Add in 100s of years or whatever years of improving their expertise and you got cut stone. I'm not saying it is easy, I'm saying that master craftsmen could and did do it...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Phage

Do you think the ancients believed the earth was flat Phag ? Since you are so rarely stating your case it would be of great interest to know your position on this.

This was interesting in this thread earlier
www.abovetopsecret.com...

By Danbones
www.world-mysteries.com...

Not sure how credible..Although, related in a way I thought

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

I saw that sculpted head image on the show last night, as well. What DIDN'T seem to ring true from the standpoint of it supposedly being a representation of a typical 'Grey' was the pronounced nose and nasal ridge.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join