It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens last episode "The Mystery of Puma Punku" DEVASTATED the show haters.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
Of course they changed, or better, they IMPROVED the aerodynamic design of the artifacts, because AGAIN, they were manufactured by ARTISANS interpreting what they saw landing in the lands, not by actual engineers with a layout printed by Lockeed Martin...
Neither you or anyone else can say that they built those artefacts because they saw aeroplanes (or equivalent) flying over their heads.

In the same way they had to change some things to turn it into an aeroplane, changing some other things we get a replica of a flying fish, something we know exists, unlike the pre-Colombian aeroplanes.

And IMO these flight tests are irrefutable, no matter how some people still denying.
The only irrefutable thing about those tests is that the aeroplanes flew, they do not prove a thing besides that.

I'm sure that if they had chosen something like a plate they would also be able to make it fly and say that flying saucers were the reason why they had plates.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It was a pretty good episode, though i'm doubting the blocks being used as tracks and door hinges. That's just a stretch to far for me.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by nineix

I love your art but that postulation is total nonsense

Thank you.

I'm sorry, however, that you disagree and have so little confidence in the astounding ingenuity of our proud and noble ancestors.

We don't need aliens.
If, however, you can show me an alien, bring him/her around for a cup of tea, and we can chat where this alien, even if he/she/it looked perfectly and totally human could provide unassailable credentials to their pedigree, then, I'll still stand by my argument of, for, and by humans without outside interference/help, but, I'll be quite happy to have made an alien friend.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I'm sure that if they had chosen something like a plate they would also be able to make it fly and say that flying saucers were the reason why they had plates.

And 1000 years in the future, our future selves look at a buried lawnmower and think "OMG! What if this... is an ancient airplane!?". They strap an engine too it and... It flies! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

Aerodynamics is a funny thing. With a powerfull enough engine, anything can fly.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Thanks for taking the time. I will chew this over.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Originally posted by ArMaP

And 1000 years in the future, our future selves look at a buried lawnmower and think "OMG! What if this... is an ancient airplane!?". They strap an engine too it and... It flies! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

Aerodynamics is a funny thing. With a powerfull enough engine, anything can fly.

en.wikipedia.org...

Claiming that "anything can fly given a powerfull engine" doesn't dismiss the obvious aerodynamics of the object. I haven't investigated these supposed objects myself, and for that matter don't even know if they're real or hoaxed, but you don't need a degree in engineering to understand the people who build these had a basic understanding of aviation and aerodynamics.

First post, yay!
edit on 18-3-2012 by Rendier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
i KNOW we are not alone

Truth is Truth and shall be known

you will remember now or when you leave your body, you will remember, i have no doubt in this

why be a skeptic then? a game you are playing?

be open minded and then the answers will flow to you...

ask and you shall recieve

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
It was a pretty good episode, though i'm doubting the blocks being used as tracks and door hinges. That's just a stretch to far for me.

lol,yeah i have not seen the episode yet, but my intuition says these were not those things either...

my feelings are they were made to prove life exists elsewhere...that's why they were made and put there, for us to find them and be like...

hey...

lol

remember?

you will

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There has been countless times that something done in history had been considered "impossible," until they uncovered just how they did it. Then they would praise humans ingenuity. Just because they don't know how they did it, doesn't mean they had to have alien help to do so.

Don't you find it a little odd that supposedly, high tech machinery was used to create all sorts of things... but we could not find a single bolt, spring, fanbelt or other piece of ANYTHING used to create these structures? No plastics, metals, nothing at all. Not only that, but while humans felt it necessary to record on stone, just about anything of note that occurred in their lives, didn't feel it important to record these aliens or machines? You'd think they would be all over the place, since it was so significant. But no.. they dig up a few random carvings that sort of look like ufos, or are vaguely "alien shaped." If aliens had machinery and were helping humans build structures, there would be EXTENSIVE records of this, make no mistake.

Time and again proof has been found about how some amazing structures were built by humans. Lack of evidence on how something was built doesn't mean it has to be aliens.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i would fly to a world that is just starting out with Humans and while they may be at one of thier lowest stages in conscious evolution, i would fly to thier tallest mountain and build the most amazing temple and just put a note inside that says i love you

and then one day they will find it, and be like...wow, lol

life is amazing

hey, when you know, you know

you will too
edit on 18-3-2012 by cornucopia because: letter change

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
i would fly to a world that is just starting out with Humans and while they may be at one of thier lowest stages in conscious evolution, i would fly to thier tallest mountain and build the most amazing temple and just put a note inside that says i love you

and then one day they will find it, and be like...wow, lol

life is amazing

hey, when you know, you know

you will too
edit on 18-3-2012 by cornucopia because: letter change

well

thats

fantastic....

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

Why is it that 'open minded' always means to believe in something that has no proof, because it's somehow magical?

When did 'open minded' become, ignore all evidence and reason?

It's easy to believe in something you like and want to believe in, but, it takes a little bit of bravery to ask the hard questions, and follow the most practical, probable explanation, even if it is boring.

Sure, I want to believe, as the saying goes, but, even if you plunked a happy fat alien down right in front of me, I'm going to have some questions.
I aint going down like that. You can try to Puma Punk me with da alienses, but I aint falling for no banana in the tailpipe. Nuh-uh.
I'm going down swingin'; asking them questions. Yup.

Acceptance is a state of surrender.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rendier
Claiming that "anything can fly given a powerfull engine" doesn't dismiss the obvious aerodynamics of the object. I haven't investigated these supposed objects myself, and for that matter don't even know if they're real or hoaxed, but you don't need a degree in engineering to understand the people who build these had a basic understanding of aviation and aerodynamics.

You dont need a degree in engineering to understand that they didnt need to understand it either. Nothing about the artifacts indicate that they have knowledge of artifical aerodynamics, ie powered flight. They could just as well be modelled after nature - and nature has pretty much perfected aerodynamics. Even with our modern machinery we are not even close to the gracefull flight of a bird - our airplanes is a primitive and brute-force approach to flight.

Unless of course ancients astronaut theorists believe that flying fish and birds didnt exist in our past.
edit on 18-3-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
And could someone PLEASE tell my why a photo of Petra, a very well known ancient settlement in Jordan was being shown? Even AA wasn't crazy enough to suggest "Aliens" built that place.
It was presented by 1AnunnakiBastard as an example of "laser precision", here.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

i believe the evidence is out there its just skewed by interpretation.

dig a little deeper into ancient languages especially the earliest hebrew texts and you will find that over time the language has been tainted so to speak for example the word used to signify the snake /serpent in the garden of eden can also within the same language be interpreted as the shining one!

Take a look at some hyroglyphs from early egyptian civilisation they clearly show what us modern man would call ufo's.

Back onto the language thing many ancient cultures refered to their gods as star people or the people from the sky.

This suggests to me they believed in not one god but several gods/ starpeople in my mind it is easier to believe in an extra terrestrial presence than one of a god.

This in no way means that aliens did build these structures i dont believe they did but it is not illogical to think an advanced civilisation has been here at some point and ancient man would have seen and worshipped them as gods.

I think they may well have been here and shared some tech with us but i will never underestimate the power of our own human ingenuity we have done and are capable of such incredible things that we have never needed an outside influence but there was such a leap in tech advancement in that era that it is not unfathomable to me that it came from an outside source.

I leave you in the love and light of the creator...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
One of the best episodes of all seasons, so far.

You really thought so? They were doing the same old "oh, here's two things and we suspect" -- and two minutes later the "we think" has turned into "Hard Proof" from which they build another speculation. The original "we think" is generally researched, but their speculation isn't supported. However, that doesn't stop them from turning it into proof

The crew dedicated the entire episode to scrutinize the megalithic buildings of Puma Punku, in the highest area of Peruvian Andes. The most astonishing structures every registered in ancient civilizations, because is the only one that present visible and clear signs of hi-tech machinery crafting in giant blocks with hundreds of tons, assembled as legos.

Actually, no... and they're gleefully ignoring other structures because if they bring them in (and the ones in the same area where the fit isn't so good (and the rear view as well) that their case will start to fall apart.

A couple of professional and experts in machinery and hi-tech tools, did participate of this episode, reproducing scaled models of the stunning notorious "H" blocks in their workshops, to prove that only high advanced technology could have made the original ones and there's absolutely NO way of primitive natives, with chisels and stone-hammers have cut those blocks with laser precision.

Again, ignoring all the other stone structures out there which are cutting the same stone with good precision (and the lovely carvings as well, which are nicely detailed.)

Giorgio Tsoukalos particularly debunked the mainstream scholars and BLASTED the shills, skeptics, haters and naysayers of the "Ancient Alien" theory, with a simple explanation: Puma Punku is placed in a point of the Andes so high that no trees ever grew in the area, so the official explanation of archeologists about the infamous "rolling bearing method" with trees trunks, for transporting those blocks, is baloney.

Y'know, I don't think I've seen the "rolling bearing method" ever proposed and accepted in textbooks. Lama skin ropes, yes, and ramps as well. Don't see any archaeologist suggesting stone balls.

I don't recall them naming any archaeologists who said this, either (but by that time I was tired of the "here's two speculations that we're treating as FACT and we're making another FACT from it" approach.)

They also made new tests with actual RC replicas of the notorious aerial vehicles reproduced in gold models by the ancient Incas, that archeologists claim they are "stylized birds", and proved AGAIN they are fully functional AIRCRAFTS.

After modifying the design and picking a few selected ones that they KNEW worked. I've seen these objects (and there are hundreds of them) in Costa Rica in the Museo del Oro. They are, indeed, insects and birds (as you'd see if you stood in front of a case of 40 of them and just looked.)

And they managed to make the connection of Puma Punku with the Sumerians and the Anunnaki, by using an artifact exposed in a Peruvian museum, which is a ceramic bowl with several Sumerian cuneiform glyphs carved all over its surface.

Which they did by ignoring the fact that the Sumerians died out 2,000 years before Puma Punku was built. And they "sort of" look like Sumerian cuneiform if you look at them the right way. If you can actually READ Sumerian cuneiform (which they can't, and which their audience can't) it's pretty clear that their evidence is bunk.

Great episode. Keeps you stuck in the chair until the last second.

Only because I was looking for the remote control to find another station. The first episode or two was sort of weak, but in the past years they have had to fabricate things by using the "now suppose that" approach and then taking the wild speculation as fact and using that to build a second speculation which they then treat as real fact to build a third speculation.

Nobody's shaking in their shoes.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

what episode these pictures come from?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Again, connect ALL the dots, not just the archaeology. Pumu Punku is an honest to goodness anomaly. Get a good look at the sharp cornered and stepped insets on some of those diorite stones... Can't be done. Ask any modern day stone sculptor. You are suggesting that some bronze axes are responsible for these mathematically exact, unattainable cuts in the second hardest stone on earth.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm open minded enough to base my conclusions on what the real facts say, not on what I might want to or nor want to believe. I just want to see the real evidence first, and not just an interpretation of the evidence.

Facts don't lie.

But people will see only what they want to see.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I see a train of thought in this thread....when some one says that keeping ones mind open....it is not allowed to include aliens......It is that one should conform to only one way of thinking.....that it was only mankind that could have possibly have done some of these structures....I am not saying it is one way or the other.....as i have said before.....it could be that our ancestors have changed throughout time ....or That we have advance destroyed ourselves and we have digressed... the fore fathers knowledge lost and we rebuild.....now the one here mentions global trade.....yes there was global trade...but the historians also suggest time frames.....one is that the pyramid at Giza was built in twenty years......Quite the feat.

you see the problem with dates and time frames.....now you apparently have slaves....well all those slaves need feeding.....they would need to be housed....they would need to be watched by overseerers .....now they would have to work round the clock....but that of course is all logical....all over the world....at various sites.....yup....perfect sense to me....now the cocoa plant was mentioned to bring this forward because of it being found well to be fair....we are talking a few thousand years ago....Egypt always desert...OR....Could it have been lush rain forest at one time....what makes you think that the plant was not already there......also global trade was not as great as one might think if you are to believe the historians on one point then why dismiss them on other points......you can not have it all ways can you.....so NIN is saying that there was continuous global trade....and getting this knowledge around the globe was easy peasy was it......once again cherry picking to fit the picture.....is it so very hard to say....we just don't really know....is it to hard to say...if we follow back our past....alot just does not add up.....I don't care if it was giants that roamed the earth building things...and we the humans adopted a great many of their techniques.....but as it stand.....NOT one person here knows the answers....and each and every person in this thread can only base things on historical accounts(if they are even true).
To come in and say it is this way and this way alone is completely and utterly egotistical and blind to the various possibilities that exist....now to say because there are so many stars out there ....It now negates the chance of ever being in contact with other beings because it does not fit in with what is possible then that is wholly farcical.
If just by some off chance there was contact.....and they came here and found dumbass humans here.....and they were good enough to mess with the ANIMALS(humans) on this planet.....then would we really know...also....what as in the other vid i presented these being built things in order to help us understand in the future about things done in the past....then hey it is possible.....why would it be soooo hard to think of other possibilities other than...we are human ....we are smart...and we did it.
it is not an attack on our ancestors to think we were not capable of doing these structures.....It is human to realize that there were and are limitations in all that we do....i am going as this...and the person presenting the softening rock concept needs to consider.....HOW much chemical does it take......how many plants would be needed to secrete the chemical.....how much would be shipped to various places in the world to achieve this....how many people would be needed to harvest such plants......how many people would be needed to impart this knowledge to in order to achieve it......how much of a logistical and manufacturing problem would this be......I mean really......to just say we not giving our ancestors the credit they deserve over and over is Rubbish.
what is insulting is not giving the people and intellectuals of today the credit we deserve for thinking and looking at all possibilities of the world we live in today.
As was stated your willing to believe that we spend the time to build these structures...which it would seem pointless to build for earth bearing people that point to the cosmos as what purpose would it serve our ancestors....but your not willing to believe that in many of the text of lost knowledge....we walked among giants...and had contact with the GODS....and we had some reason to have the knowledge of the stars for us to live on this planet......Come on now be realistic.....you want to give our ancestors such credit...then continue to give them credit in all aspects of our past......why would we need to align these structures in any way towards the galaxies.....oh right.....because it just happened that way.

edit on 113131p://f18Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join