It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens last episode "The Mystery of Puma Punku" DEVASTATED the show haters.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
As someone who has used carving tools as a profession for 25 years my opinion is that the stones at Puma Punku were not cut by people with hand tools. That level of precision is simply not feasible particularly on a large scale such as this.
Either the ruins here are much much older than suspected or Earth's geologic history needs to be re-written to accommodate the lifting of continental plates thousands of feet in a relatively short span of time, and possibly both..

(I was an engraver by trade and did deep relief carving such as signet rings with family crests etc)
edit on 18-3-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Try looking up the hardness of quartz.

I know that, so what? They made a wooden quartz tipped drill and made those holes? is that your answer? is that the technology that was forgotten? why would the people say the gods did it, build Tiahuanacu in the primitive manner it is built and not take credit for the amazingly sophisticated PP? You are suspiciously vague when you don't have an answer. The contrast is amazingly clear and your flailing/trolling is obvious. Phage has hit a wall folks!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Next week on AA - The connection between UFOs and Bigfoot. It's getting a little silly now!

While I do agree the ancient aliens show has certainly milked the theory to death,I must point out that there has been reports and theoretical correlations between Bigfoot/Sasquatch and UFO's...If we are to take some of the sighting data into consideration.

Researchers such as John Keel and Stan Gordon have noted the apparent parallels between sightings of anthropomorphic ape-like creatures and UFO encounters. In a few smaller Fortean circles, this sort of research has even occasionally led to the belief that Bigfoot creatures might represent some form of an alien being themselves.

Various websites online have even gone so far as to denote Bigfoot-type creatures under the extraterrestrial classification of “Sasquans” and similar names, likening the beasts to being an extraterrestrial race exiled (whether or not it’s a self-imposed exile) here on Earth. Other bizarre speculation along similar lines suggests that Bigfoot creatures are actually pets which, similar to an irresponsible dog or cat owner taking an animal off to a remote location and release it, have been turned loose on this planet by their extraterrestrial owners.

Curious Cryptohominids: A Link Between Aliens and Bigfoot?

Another link,for those interested -
An Old UFO-Bigfoot Case

Hey...Just saying

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

why would the people say the gods did it

What people said that?
People who saw it long after the civilization which built it had collapsed? Didn't you said that everyone from those civilizations disappeared? If that's the case, how they know anything about the civilization?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

BSalert is a terrible reference to justify your thought process. Like I just said there, 90% of the statements end in a question mark. Which leaves you to ask your own questions and do your own research.

link   
Why most people would want to believe that aliens helped us out rather than acknowledging that we were and have been very intelligent and advanced and built these structures without any off world help is perplexing.

Thousands of years ago there were many tribes that lived like the tribes of Africa and South America do today while bustling techno civilizations with computers, cars, science and technology, flying machines , and industry are mere miles away. This was the case thousands of years ago but the distances were much greater.

Many of the myths and stories we hear from the past are told from tribe members and what we get are interpetations of what they saw. You would have to imagine that if most of all the major cities on earth got wiped out that 1000 years later the tribes men of the world would not have known a thing has happened to a great civilization of builders and technology.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

when the rubber hits the road something harder than the stones must produce enough friction to cut those stones. that doesn't even address the sophistication or the logistics and foresight involved. No precedent to speak of (unless they were taught by the Egyptians or some other culture we don't know about) and the neighboring Tiahuanacu is built in a much more naturally palatable method, rhetorically why the difference in construction techniques and sophistication of the actual work? In Tiahuanacu the stones are more naturally shaped and sized appropriately for the primitive mechanical abilities. The two sites are light years apart in construction. How could a culture forget such a high level of sophistication? Why wouldn't they use that to their advantage? People are in denial around here and it's not ignorance they are denying, on the contrary they are embracing it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by AlienStalker

I think you are doing your reputation harm by minimizing the sophistication of the work done.

I'm not minimizing anything.
I think you are minimizing the capabilities, skill, and ingenuity of human beings.

I agree with that, in that it is those willing to believe that ancient aliens played a part in this are really the ones selling our human ingenuity short, not vica-versa. We can all clearly see what lies a Puma Punku, but to say that it is aliens outright is troubling to me.

ingenuity doesn't do what has been done. Actual material on material, pressures and heat aka friction is what it takes more than ingenuity. Unless they can match the PHYSICAL requirements to cut the actual stone you can shove ingenuity somewhere else.

Wow....I think the religion is taking hold guys, you should calm yourself, I am not trying to insult your beliefs, but want you to take a second look at the fact that perhaps saying "ALIENS" to an unknown and lost human method of carving is not a fully formed answer, just a guess on your part really, and the others endorsing it without any real hard evidence except for the evidence of "I don't know how humans could do this" which simply implies you do not understand the ingenuity of the humans of their time.

Ingenuity is the quality of being cleverly inventive or resourceful; inventiveness: a designer of great ingenuity.

I think it applies quite nicely to the unknown aspect of how the human hand carved the stones your are in the dark about like the rest of us, please don't take it more seriously than that it is nor meant to be insulting.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Theory as well cetian species were introduced to this planet and earth being some cosmic zoo. And how would we know if we are an experiment? We probably wouldnt. A pet is not aware it is a pet ect

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by gortex

Yes they do rehash this and that, and frequently too. I always think H2 is airing a repeat then check the guide and it says "NEW". Even still I keep watching cuz I love big G's hair. If anyone is an alien, it's him.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

think about the real world requirements for cutting stones with the level of sophistication found there. I don't care how much ingenuity or determination of will they had. the physical requirement to actually apply enough friction to cut the stone is immense. How could such an ability be forgotten? The "determination and ingenuity" argument does not even come close to explaining this. In this situation, extraordinary evidence requires an extraordinary explanation.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienStalker

saying "ALIENS" to an unknown and lost human method of carving is not a fully formed answer, just a guess on your part really, and the others endorsing it without any real hard evidence except for the evidence of "I don't know how humans could do this" which simply implies you do not understand the ingenuity of the humans of their time.

A more technical term for the logical fallacy at play is argument from incredulity.
I don't know how it could have been done so....

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienStalker

I'm not guessing that it actually takes physical contact to cut the stones (or at least that's what we know today) and no one can explain how else the stones were cut. I'm not buying into any religion thinking advanced people did this, actually that is the more rational explanation than speculating the humans had some forgotten method of doing it. You guys love to throw around the "they must've used some forgotten techniques" excuse and that is just as ethereal as any religion.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

First let me say that I love the AA show because the subject matter is really interesting. What I take issue with is the wild-eyed conclusions they draw from the presented data. "Here are large blocks that could not have been placed with the technology of the time, so CLEARLY they were placed using alien technology."
reply to post by SavedOne

You make an extremely good point here.....maybe you should tell that to the 911 crowd on here as they do EXACTLY the same thing. Without proof they jump wildly to what may be obvious but not necessarily correct.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

shouldn't you be sleeping rather than cherry picking the easy replies? How would you classify your "natural materials and ingenuity" argument without providing any proof? What do you have to say about the completely unsophisticated construction of Tiahuanacu right next door? Why would they not capitalize on their successful techniques learned at PP? Where are the precedents? the mistakes? the learning curve?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
How many in the world know how to do things that were common 100 years ago, and we even saw this with Apollo rockets in more recent times. The old diagrams were lost or destroyed in some way, and so they needed to get all that "ancient
" technology back.
Now think about ancient cutting techniques and cement technique of thousands of years ago..... Those techniques were most likely lost and rediscovered over and over throughout history...hehe

I am a 21st century man. I have a pretty good grasp of E=MC^2, of atom smashers, of the makeup of a living cell... But, take me back to early man and I have NO idea how they took what was a blade of grass with one corn kernel on it and cultivated it into the ear of corn we have today. How did they even think to do this?
Answer: I'm thinking...aliens?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Only because we cant explaint it does not mean aliens did it. Why not time travelers.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by Shadow Herder

think about the real world requirements for cutting stones with the level of sophistication found there. I don't care how much ingenuity or determination of will they had. the physical requirement to actually apply enough friction to cut the stone is immense. How could such an ability be forgotten? The "determination and ingenuity" argument does not even come close to explaining this. In this situation, extraordinary evidence requires an extraordinary explanation.

It seems you want others to prove to you that it was not aliens....this obviously cannot be done and is a failure on your part to look for answers in a correct manner. I see that you just keep telling people to prove something to you, well my friend if I may flip your extraordinary claims quote, if you believe Aliens did this at Puma Punku....PROVE IT!! If anythin fits into the category of extraordinary claims it is the belief ET came to earth to teach man how to build an ancient site now crumbled.

Your posts are hurting my head man. Technologies are forgotten all the time. I really don't think time has any consideration or respect for your opinion that "How could such an ability be forgotten?" Well guess what? It happens! Technology is lost, regained, or rediscovered, or never discovered again. This is not even a debate, this is historical fact that can be shown repeatedly throughout the ages.

Again you are looking for someone to prove that Aliens didn't have a hand in this, so in kind I would like for you to prove that GIANT upright walking walrus's played no part in the site of Puma Punku. I mean their tusks would have been massive and this would explain how these materials were carved, makes sense to me, if you don't think that is plausible well then please try to prove me wrong. lol

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I don't know. But I don't jump to the conclusion that they aren't there.
I do know that hair guy sure isn't going to tell you about them.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

reply to post by kdog1982

From what they have said (in other threads on the subject) there is nothing remarkable about the stones. Nothing remarkable except for the demonstrated skill. Given time and skill, humans can do wonderful things. With tools which were made by human hands. With tools which were made from natural materials.

I don't agree with the notion that "primitive" people were incapable of producing such work.

edit on 3/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I agree with Phage on most of his explanation.

The moving of the stones is easily explained by physics. I think Thomas Jefferson said "The good opinion of mankind, like the lever of Archimedes, with the given fulcrum, moves the world."

its true anything can be moved with simple tool if the right knowledge is attainable.

We rely to much on technology these days and discount anything that a machine can not do. But we built those machines........etc etc
edit on 17-3-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join