It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens last episode "The Mystery of Puma Punku" DEVASTATED the show haters.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
They also made new tests with actual RC replicas of the notorious aerial vehicles reproduced in gold models by the ancient Incas, that archeologists claim they are "stylized birds", and proved AGAIN they are fully functional AIRCRAFTS.

First let me say that I love the AA show because the subject matter is really interesting. What I take issue with is the wild-eyed conclusions they draw from the presented data. "Here are large blocks that could not have been placed with the technology of the time, so CLEARLY they were placed using alien technology." They state such things as if they are absolutes. The truth is we just don't know the answers, perhaps it was alien intervention or perhaps we don't give our ancient cohorts enough credit for having incredible ingenuity.

Anyway, regarding the R/C replicas I am a long-time R/C aircraft builder, designer and pilot. I've built planes, jets, ornithopters, helis, quads and even a hexa. With today's technology, we can make literally anything fly. How about:

A Super Hero that looks like Superman

Snoopy and his doghouse

Still not convinced? How about a man on a surfboard:

You can take literally anything and make it fly, so they have proven absolutely nothing by taking replicas of ancient jewelry and strapping a motor on it to make it fly and they should not pretend that it does prove something. That's what irks me about the show, they're manipulating things to force the data into a single conclusion (ancient astronauts did it).

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

They have had critics and nonbelievers on the show before or those who do not buy the alien hypothesis, i don't recall what episodes but I am sure someone here can remember what I am talking about.

Any experts on South American history?

Critics are good. But when hair guy says "It can't be done. Even today." It would be reasonable to have some counterpoint.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

They have had critics and nonbelievers on the show before or those who do not buy the alien hypothesis, i don't recall what episodes but I am sure someone here can remember what I am talking about.

Critics are good. But when hair guy says "It can't be done. Even today." It would be reasonable to have some counterpoint.

same as when Mr Lithgow-Lover says things like "natural materials" without providing some examples

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtForms

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
You know who Pakal Votan was, do you??
lol no sir I do not. But now I do. So apparently we DO know that the glyphs found have been stated as being related to space technology. I would just like to state that my arguement was simply that we do not have access to the full details of that civilization, there are glyphs that we have not seen because time destroyed the things they were put on. Thats all I'm saying - there could be whole chunks of language or history or just 'pictures' we are missing.

thanks for the info
-TF
edit on 17-3-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)
Just makes us want to dig deeper it's called curiousity.
Just imagine what in the vaults of the smithssonian.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Fair enough. But I'm getting plenty of counterpoint.

But I did say that the details can be found in other threads. I admit I'm lazy and not going to go digging for it now. It's the weekend. I'm hoping Byrd or Hans will show up eventually. They are more knowledgeable and are more familiar with their sources.

edit on 3/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

"They state such things as if they are absolutes."

I believe they repeatedly say, "according to AA theorists". it's silly to take a television production so seriously. The style of the shows production has nothing to do with the subject matter. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

Modern humans are quite arrogant and simply can't imagine those poor archaic people knowing how to do more than rub sticks together and make mud huts. It has always been obvious to me that our forebears knew how to accomplish great things. We are reminded occasionally what the human spirit can accomplish; the little fellow who built the Coral Castle springs to mind. By himself he carved massive stones, moved them and built a tribute to his true love.

There have been during our human history several mass extinctions. How do we know what people were capable of doing 20,000 years ago, or 50, might there not have been magnificent technology, grand cities and science that would make us look primitive, all lost to disaster and time?

I believe it would not take long for our species to fall quickly into chaos and lose our technology very quickly. The more we become dependent on electronics the further the fall will be for us. One global EMP would leave most of the developed nations absolutely devastated and sadly most of us in western society are so domesticated we will sit down and die, waiting for someone to rescue us instead of picking ourselves up starting over. Then, in twenty or thirty thousand years new people will be looking at some remnant of our civilization that was hidden under thousands of years of rubble and wondering who it was that taught us how to make those unexplainable things.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Well this is true, however I think the producers are catering to the entertainment value of the show to appease the fan base. It's fan base compromised mostly of UFO gurus and such I don't know what the percentage is though. It's a franchise and believers tend to use the show as a encyclopedia of sorts and take everything said out of speculation as proven fact. The show is founded on a hypothesis. Yet you have the opposition discarding what they cant explain and focusing on the fallacy's said in the show only.

I think calling these beings "Alien" is inappropriate and closes off other ideas of origin. I strongly believe they are time travelers but the show does not dabble in the idea? I get annoyed with everything being alien by default.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

OMG did I actually catch you off guard??? holy crap I think I may just stop now and enjoy patting myself on the back.......... naaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

more seriously though, I'm asking not as a taunt but what can you imagine could substitute something with a hardness scale of 7 or more without using modern techniques? why are you ignoring the 800lb gorilla in the room? how did they meet the physical requirements necessary to cut through that stone with your as-yet-unnamed "natural materials" within a reasonable timeframe?(forget the sophistication of the work, that's a whole other issue you can't answer with "ingenuity", well you can but you'd sound trite)

ps
you still haven't provided examples of "natural materials"
edit on 17-3-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienStalker
reply to post by Lastone

I thank you for your kind words, and am glad to hear that others have noticed this seeming attempt to sway peoples religious beliefs twoards the new universal unknown that all on earth can relate to (and seem to be doing so in droves) by replacing god with aliens.

The game is afoot, now to spread to word to our brothers and sisters not to be tempted into something like this by the glitz and flash that accompany a professionally done cable television program. I will keep my eyes peeled for other sources, and media joining up for this and trying to sell this new theocratic system (maybe start a thread about it if I do find correlations) and hope you and others hip to the game being played right now will also.

I often wonder if I am being too paranoid at times, but then things like this make me wonder that I am not being paranoid enough.

Between the word believe and know exists a huge maze, a labyrinth, that's where "God" is possible and the rulers of the maze live feeding on your beliefs.
It isn't important what you believe as long as you believe in something.
I Thank you Sir. for your invitation to a new thread.. but I do not join grups. You see, a wise man made a mistake believing in others.Believing that he was aloud to shared is knowledge inside the maze wasn't wise. More then 2000 years have passed and he is still being used as an exemple.
The lessons from the past made me wiser.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Because I´m wiser this was my last ATS post. All the best ... be simple be wise.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Give me a break with the thread title! The show sucks due mainly to the personalities employed to babble about stuff they have no concept of and all they do is offer their distorted views of history since they don't have to provide any evidence for their outrageous claims! The high point of the show is seeing the guy that has his own source on Google Images. As soon as you type "history channel ancient an", the drop-down menu includes
"history channel ancient aliens guy"! The "guy" is Giorgio A. Tsoukalos and he has lit up a lot of websites not because of his ridiculous theories but because of his hair! He is this program's ONLY entertainment as long as the audio is muted!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Oh my god! They actually had an alien on the show last night talking about Puma Punku!

Oh wait, it was just Tsoukalos...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastone

Originally posted by AlienStalker
reply to post by Lastone

I thank you for your kind words, and am glad to hear that others have noticed this seeming attempt to sway peoples religious beliefs twoards the new universal unknown that all on earth can relate to (and seem to be doing so in droves) by replacing god with aliens.

The game is afoot, now to spread to word to our brothers and sisters not to be tempted into something like this by the glitz and flash that accompany a professionally done cable television program. I will keep my eyes peeled for other sources, and media joining up for this and trying to sell this new theocratic system (maybe start a thread about it if I do find correlations) and hope you and others hip to the game being played right now will also.

I often wonder if I am being too paranoid at times, but then things like this make me wonder that I am not being paranoid enough.

Between the word believe and know exists a huge maze, a labyrinth, that's where "God" is possible and the rulers of the maze live feeding on your beliefs.
It isn't important what you believe as long as you believe in something.
I Thank you Sir. for your invitation to a new thread.. but I do not join grups. You see, a wise man made a mistake believing in others.Believing that he was aloud to shared is knowledge inside the maze wasn't wise. More then 2000 years have passed and he is still being used as an exemple.
The lessons from the past made me wiser.

when you start to see the ancient "gods" as aliens it all makes much more rational sense than early human civilizations figuring how to do such works and then forgetting how they did it especially when they themselves say "the gods did it". I don't think the existence of other species of sentient and highly intelligent beings throughout the universe usurps the idea of a universally creative "God". I shy away from man made prognostications of the ultimate God having some affinity for only us humans. If I am to believe in anything like that it would not be an exclusive God but an INclusive God that equally accepts everything it has created, even evil. Otherwise why would God create evil or allow evil to exist if he didn't approve of it?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
reply to post by cripmeister

Troll: is a word that gets thrown around here a lot. Back in the 56k days trolling meant something. Nobody seems to understand the concept of trolling here on ATS and when people do try they are doing it wrong lol:

Someone who does not understand wont know they are being trolled, trolling is a craft. Someone who does it right wont be suspected as a troll. These days everyone is a troll by default until proven innocent

That Brian guy should do a service to ATS n00bs and resident posters a 101 video on trolling imho

Back on topic Aliens visited ancient man

It's true

I know trolling and what 1AnnunakiBastard is doing with this thread is trolling for AA haters. It's obvious even from reading just the title. I won't waste any more of my time in this idiotic thread.

Bye.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I'm asking not as a taunt but what can you imagine could substitute something with a hardness scale of 7 or more without using modern techniques?

The Moh's scale is used to rate the hardness of minerals. Diorite is not a mineral, it is a rock. The Moh's scale does not really apply to rocks (which are a conglomeration of minerals). Because diorite is a rock there is no means of giving it a hardness value. It's generally pretty hard stuff but it varies.

Try looking up the hardness of quartz.
edit on 3/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Moh's scale/minerals blah blah blah, but you keep avoiding the answer. What kinds of "natural materials" are you speculating they cut the stones with? Maybe you should go to sleep and start fresh in the am?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Aliens Whatever!! I hate it when AA says "Could only be done by aliens...." Screw that. Our history has been bastardised by empires and greedy controlling individual f**ks. There is no evidence AT ALL that it was aliens. There is evidence from their standing that we were once considerably great(er?). Show me proof it was aliens - There is none - Show me proof we were much more advanced than the books tell us - There is proof of that all over!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Try looking up the hardness of quartz.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

I know trolling and what 1AnnunakiBastard is doing with this thread is trolling for AA haters.

BS

FORGET THE TV SHOW AND TELL US HOW THEY CUT THE GODDAMN STONES BACK THEN

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join