It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally broke down and did it

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Same could be said for you and your "buuurrrping" SKS.
Did you still have the free-floating firing pin like a retard or did you convert it over to the spring loaded version like a responsible person? I'm guessing since you sold it, you pretty much know nothing about the SKS or any other gun for that matter. Did you at least tell the new owner about the problem?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

Same could be said for you and your "buuurrrping" SKS.
Did you still have the free-floating firing pin like a retard or did you convert it over to the spring loaded version like a responsible person? I'm guessing since you sold it, you pretty much know nothing about the SKS or any other gun for that matter. Did you at least tell the new owner about the problem?

you are so predictable

SKS Slam Fire Demo (and a fix) The SKS rifle has a free floating firing pin. What this means is that there is nothing holding back the firing pin and preventing it moving forward and making contact with the chambered round's primer. This becomes a problem when the firing pin channel gets gummed up with dirt, jamming the firing pin in the forward position. The original Russian SKS design did not have a free floating firing pin but this design was dropped by the Russian and overseas manufactures of the SKS, probably to save costs. Ben Murray of Murray's Guns has recreated the original Russian firing pin. They cost $39 or $47 installed if you send in your bolt.

wikipedia gonna follow you around when TSHTF

3 days your gear will be mine

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Way to sidestep the question.
I'm guessing that you didn't know that at the time, or you wouldn't have sold it.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Way to sidestep the question.
I'm guessing that you didn't know that at the time, or you wouldn't have sold it.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

oh no, its you sidestepping the "what will you do without wikipedia "

solution: bring a set of Encyclopedia Britannica it will make
a nice roasting fire for you/ well me actually.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I have a very good memory. I read that fact over 6 years ago when I was researching the SKS and AK because just like everyone else, I wanted one!

Tell me why the floating firing pin was deemed acceptable by soviet designers, and you have my respect.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I have a very good memory. I read that fact over 6 years ago when I was researching the SKS and AK because just like everyone else, I wanted one!

Tell me why the floating firing pin was deemed acceptable by soviet designers, and you have my respect.

I dont need your respect and the original sks has a spring, chinese manufacturing made it free floating which isnt a problem with hard primer mil.spec ammo

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well, you get half credit. The vast majority of SKS' do not have the spring. The russians/soviets did use one originally, but they are the ones that made the change, not the chinese.

As you said the type of ammo made the spring pointless.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

ppftt!! all hale Es end

edit on 19-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
OP...you should have bought a pair of Desert Eagles like Method Man demonstrates in this scene. That'll get you out of a tight spot.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join