It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally broke down and did it

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
There is an old saying God created man Colt made them equal.

A gun is the great equalizer more than any other weapon ever made.

As was said can be used from hunting to personal defense which everyone should have besides your arms are going to get awefuly tired swing that thing around.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

Originally posted by IceHappy
reply to post by michaelbrux

This is why one should learn how to reload and buy the equipment powered etc. Always collect your brass.... Second idea purchase a couple of black power weapons. You can purchase a die and from car batteries melt down the lead and make your own shot. When its time to do some hunting you can alway use black power for that kill shot.

many people do actually 'OWN' firearms...they can build and repair weapons and produce their own ammunition. maybe even they are accomplished smiths.

then there are those who buy a gun. they frequent this site and think they are going to survive with the gun...

i don't know anything about guns...have only been hunting once as a child and i got a little grossed out watching a rabbit be skinned, cleaned and fried in my friend's grandpa's living room.

but if people think they can purchase survival from a walmart or sears...go with it.

Everyone has to start somewhere. It's foolish to think because you have nothing there is no reason to get started. Good on the OP!
edit on 18-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311

Very good example of the type who wouldn't survive.

Also, I believe it's movies like Meanace II Society that give people false realities of firearms. Now in that case they were just plain flat out killers. The sad part is that there are people who idolize that stuff and gain firearms for that purpose, I see firearms as a tool. Many uses both good and bad. It's also movies like that, that make me glad I live far from a large city. Cities will be the hardest to survive in during a SHTF scenario wether you are armed or not.

i don't think its false...its explaining to the viewer ... don't think you have a long life expectancy just because you carry a gun...America is the mostly heavily armed nation on earth and this is beyond comparison. a reasonable assumption is that everyone is armed and well trained in the use of firearms and automobiles; i suppose that means that we have an inexhaustible surplus of mechanized infantry units;

i live in Chicagoland, native actually, and in the city center for substantial portion of my life...mostly in the Loop counting money and such. I don't worry about them much because I haven't killed anyone.

but for the fearful...perhaps if that reality is not something you want to be a part of...lay down your weapons and seek favorable surrender terms.

edit on 18-3-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

.lay down your weapons and seek favorable surrender terms.

hahahahaha, why did you take so long to come out and admit you were a bean counting anti gun shill

edit on 18-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

.lay down your weapons and seek favorable surrender terms.

hahahahaha, why did you take so long to come out and admit you were a bean counting anti gun shill

edit on 18-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

that's what you think I just admitted to?

that's what you should tell to your friends...that i am anti gun shill. don't change a single word from your testimony. i want them to believe in their hearts that I am anti gun.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
that's right...

keep talking that crazy stuff...you'll end up in a Glad Forceflex kitchen bag.

your gun won't even be able to break you out.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Today the wife picked up her crossbow. I picked up my 70lb compound bow, all tuned in to me. Quick $1200 out the wallet. Diversity in weapons finally completed. Arrows and bolts are expensive, sheesh. $40 for a six-pack of regular quality.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Everything is expensive the colt .45 sold i think for around 20 bucks and was considered to be expensive.

It's all relative.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

are you AI?

that's the type of response i'd expect from AI.

most have no idea about your type and think a fancy rock will somehow lead to their survival.

edit on 18-3-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
For a beginner, a shotgun is an excellent choice. Without military training and much practice, a person tends to panic when in a confrontational high stress situation. This is why a shot gun is ideal...

Much like a computer mouse, you point and click...so to speak. The spread of the shot will make up for inacurracy. And since it is a shotgun, not too many functions and safeties to disengage to fire. This is also why I like revolvers.

A good reason to have a shotgun can be illustrated in Henderson, NC. back at the beginning of the year. A 14 year old boy and his 17 year old sister were home for the holidays. She was babysitting him till the folks got home from work. Two repeat offender criminals attempted to break and enter the house... the girl screamed and alerted her brother. Because he was a young hunter and gun owner and had been properly trained by his father, the young man grabbed his shotgun... one much like ou now own, and fired and killed one of the intruders. The other was later arrested.

In NC, we have a law where if you feel threatened by someone breaking ito your house, you can shoot and kill... without prosecution or reprimand. And he did...God only knows what they may have done to the 17 year old girl.

That my friend is about as good an example of why you need a weapon in your home and why a shotgun is a good first choice.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Man If you want to troll fo some where else....But first off I'll tell you I didn't buy it at Sears...I bought it at a pawn shop. and the the Sears you keep throwing out is NOT the Sears your thinking of! But I'll will post the model info for you again....

M200 12GA 3 CHAM FULL

SEARS, ROBBUCK AND CO.NO. XXXXXXXXX MADE IN USA.

I believe its a good gun barrels clean(no visible debris) no bulging of the barrel when feeling the barrel, no splits in the stock, pumps really smooth, and loads and unloads smooth as well,

I've shot them before,

But I see where you are coming off about the knife thing...but a meat cutter I have that pretty much covered.

edit on 18-3-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

reply to post by rebellender

i have a better idea..

i'll stay where i am with my sword and armor and will do nothing at all to move against you.

you keep your weapon and search me out.

keep a diary of what you encounter on your path in search of me.

perhaps; i'll read your diary at the library at my leisure...but I have an idea what it will say.

Dude what is your problem????? I bought I shot gun big woop....But the rounds I'm shooting your armour might not hold up to well lol...Hollow point slugs will drop a deer, and then be my meat so...While your filleting fish I'll be carving meat and cooking steaks lmao

If you don't like guns then go away.

edit on 18-3-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I may stand corrected on Sears selling the gun, But the gun was manufactured by Winchester...And I've never heard bad things about Winchesters so....It doesn't matter who sells the gun or anything for that matter, It's all about the manufacturer as to the quality of that product.

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

the quality of the product depends on the person that bought it.

don't end up like the staff Sargent or the endless number of other buffoons that bought guns and turned it upon innocent idiots.

i have zero faith in any of you...and you all know why.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

i have zero faith in any of you...and you all know why.

NO, Please educate us if you would be so kind.

Also, nowhere in the OP or this thread did we ask you to have faith in any of us. We are here to talk about firearms in survival situations.
edit on 18/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

carry on then...have a good time trying to survive.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Protect the innocent,those are the people not shooting and trying to organize. Convince the undecided,help where and how you can at all times.Kill the rest.They are all usually "might makes right" not ethics driven.
If you can't tell a direct hostile from a scared guy then you are a liability with your weapon.
The rest is a Turkey shoot, but lone wolfing will get you shot. Human nature is not as you think.Why do limbless vets say they would go back if they could?To kill more? I suppose that would be said by many.But usually you do exactly what you have to to protect your belief,in my case country.Getting shot is better than a pharmaceutical sentence of death rotting slowly in a hospital bed. Besides that is what we do, we ,on a regular and irritating basis, take a mess and forge out answers again and again.Anything spoken of on this board or any other possiblity predicted is just another day to deal with. Fretting won't help and no one has hard answers.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Protect the innocent,those are the people not shooting and trying to organize. Convince the undecided,help where and how you can at all times.Kill the rest.They are all usually "might makes right" not ethics driven.
If you can't tell a direct hostile from a scared guy then you are a liability with your weapon.
The rest is a Turkey shoot, but lone wolfing will get you shot. Human nature is not as you think.Why do limbless vets say they would go back if they could?To kill more? I suppose that would be said by many.But usually you do exactly what you have to to protect your belief,in my case country.Getting shot is better than a pharmaceutical sentence of death rotting slowly in a hospital bed. Besides that is what we do, we ,on a regular and irritating basis, take a mess and forge out answers again and again.Anything spoken of on this board or any other possiblity predicted is just another day to deal with. Fretting won't help and no one has hard answers.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

so now that you have that baby get it to the range and see what shot #'s make what patterns and at what yardages with some card board you get the idea.gun safety so on. and write down some battle drills (scenarios) that you might encounter.Incorporate others into your plans, Bird hunting with others in sweeps helps get you used to shooting in groups and being able to keep a clear head while someone is shooting right next to you takes a nack, but you will do fine.

This thread is a prime example how some will try to sabotage you and your mind, and a good lesson on how some just dont get it and you have to move on.

Also, stay balanced, eating too much of anything will make you sick. Talking about the head here. You become what you eat,
never shoot reloads from a yard sale.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Im having an out of body experience watching red necks talk about guns.

I speak my mind and yes I am a bitch,i say this.....are the guns survival or to Kill for fun?I have seen this kind of thing on the news show

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join