It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Is Not A Real Being

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Starchild23

You are welcome to your views, but this makes more sense than an invisible demon giving me bad ideas for the pure joy of it.

The reason the "invisible demon" gives you bad ideas is because he hates mankind...and has sworn to take many down with him.

Look at it however you want to.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Seriously...

When are people going to figure out that the biblical (fictional) Satan is entirely different from Lucifer, The light bringer.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What do you mean by his flesh? His body? Materialism? Hes sick?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Actually they both do, you're just defining them wrong. They still exist, and this is exactly how I've always seen this anyway. It's all metaphors. When I say things like I found god, only some people get it, but oh well here is a quote of mine from somewhere on the internet...

"I AM god,
but so ARE you,
negativity, positivity,
and self responsibility too."

~ME

S and F. came in expecting some ignorant post, but I found something I often talk about.
Nice Thread!

edit on 3/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

I must ADD: My Avatar was shown to me by Jesus, minus the scorpion, as he said 'you will be enlightened."
edit on 3/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Look at their meanings:

Lucifer means light-bearer, the Morning Star etc., (as a side note, Jesus was also referred to as the "morning star" in a few places of the Bible). Light is akin to wisdom, the "eye of Lucifer" represents the third eye where light (divine wisdom) enters the body. Fluoride and other poisons are put into our food/water to attempt to interrupt that point in the body where wisdom enters.

Satan means adversary. What is your adversary? The ego. When ego is liberated, one is closer to God and their divinity because of the realization of Oneness. Desire of the flesh can fall under that, but the root is ego. The whole Satan and eternal damnation myth is a tool used to control and inflict a lot of fear into people to stagnate their spiritual journey. As you see, there are millions that are genuinely afraid of a "hell". Would the infinite love of God create such a domain? Human ignorance says "yes", divine wisdom says "no". God makes no mistakes. Earth and the cycle of Samsara have a better chance of being Hell than anything else, but they are not eternal states of being because we are able to break free from all of it while in these forms by defeating the "adversary". But even that's a choice. We all return to the same place when we die regardless.

They are personifications, that's all there is to it.

Any "bad spirits" you encounter (I would say tormented by their habits and/or what they've done in the life we're in right now) are as much as God's creation as everything else. My idea of these "bad spirits" are simply souls of beings still going through their death process (a stripping away of everything that you are not, because we are all good and perfect deep inside, God does not make mistakes), but because all the different realms/dimensions occupy the same space, people are able to interact with those beings. They aren't some curse or dark army of the devil that's going to wage war on heaven.
That "good vs evil" duality stems from ancient religions like Zoroastrianism. Angels and demons (and "gods" for that matter) were flesh and blood, able to mate with humans, gave people certain knowledge, and so on. They were not simply spirits, they had bodies like us. Part of the reason the Book of Enoch was left out is because some people would connect all these dots.

As a final note, all I want to say is drop the fear and embrace the love.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarrasque
Seriously...

When are people going to figure out that the biblical (fictional) Satan is entirely different from Lucifer, The light bringer.

Lucifer IS Satan. They just changed his name when he was cast down.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

I think Satan came into being when following Lucifer the "Light Bearer" was demonized. Satan = Adversary...enlightenment.

Various religions demonized the path of ascension, calling it devil worship, and thus Lucifer became Satan.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is in response to the OP, have you ever seen the movie 9 th Gate. In it Johnny deep has to find these original pictures that supposedly weren't forgeries drawn by Lucifer or how he signed LCF. This woman followed him on his journey and you found out she was super naturally gifted. While they were ... Intimate you saw the body move and change eyebrows and things and I think it was supposed to be the fallen angel of lucifer. Their is a picture of Johnny walking through a tunnel of a broken down castle that is positioned a little weird... If in the days of Troy if a man were to lay down with another man , it would be something brutal it wouldn't be effemine .

I tried to look at religion from every angle and spent years soul searching. I have the mark of the beast , so if the prodgilogical son returned. I also almost died and did years of soul searching after that , thinking about the lake of fire for all eternity. I think in its truest form of losing our bodies and the concept that religion brings of an afterlife we won't even be able to comprehend at all what it will be like.beings of light or spirits or just floating. We might have been given a play book from the source stay within these lines or something. But if you expand on if we were told symbols or metaphors of truth because we were made in gods image and sort of like gods ourself here on earth being conscious of things, just at that time going to a cave man society of years ago. Or what was it 4 languages ago at the dawn of civilization, might have been brief and people try to punch holes through it here and other places online. Even in this thread it's the religious vs the non. I read something into something I saw here awhile ago , why would anyone attack a religion that was made out of love in its ... Or something like that I remember it was more better written and profound.

Lucifer though seemed to always be flawed though. Not perfect like god to almost have these human feelings of rage or envy. I considered myself with a heaven on earth that thing what if the good and evil is inside of us like our conchincoius , the angel and demon on people's shoulders. It might not be like a fiery dungeon than a state of mind or a prison. I don't know nobody knows , I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

I think Satan came into being when following Lucifer the "Light Bearer" was demonized. Satan = Adversary...enlightenment.

Various religions demonized the path of ascension, calling it devil worship, and thus Lucifer became Satan.
Enlightenment is definitely an enemy to the establishment. If we were all enlightened, there would be zero conflict in the world.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BladeRunner5050
This is in response to the OP, have you ever seen the movie 9 th Gate. In it Johnny deep has to find these original pictures that supposedly weren't forgeries drawn by Lucifer or how he signed LCF. This woman followed him on his journey and you found out she was super naturally gifted. While they were ... Intimate you saw the body move and change eyebrows and things and I think it was supposed to be the fallen angel of lucifer. Their is a picture of Johnny walking through a tunnel of a broken down castle that is positioned a little weird... If in the days of Troy if a man were to lay down with another man , it would be something brutal it wouldn't be effemine .

I tried to look at religion from every angle and spent years soul searching. I have the mark of the beast , so if the prodgilogical son returned. I also almost died and did years of soul searching after that , thinking about the lake of fire for all eternity. I think in its truest form of losing our bodies and the concept that religion brings of an afterlife we won't even be able to comprehend at all what it will be like.beings of light or spirits or just floating. We might have been given a play book from the source stay within these lines or something. But if you expand on if we were told symbols or metaphors of truth because we were made in gods image and sort of like gods ourself here on earth being conscious of things, just at that time going to a cave man society of years ago. Or what was it 4 languages ago at the dawn of civilization, might have been brief and people try to punch holes through it here and other places online. Even in this thread it's the religious vs the non. I read something into something I saw here awhile ago , why would anyone attack a religion that was made out of love in its ... Or something like that I remember it was more better written and profound.

Lucifer though seemed to always be flawed though. Not perfect like god to almost have these human feelings of rage or envy. I considered myself with a heaven on earth that thing what if the good and evil is inside of us like our conchincoius , the angel and demon on people's shoulders. It might not be like a fiery dungeon than a state of mind or a prison. I don't know nobody knows , I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

I didn't see the full version of the movie.

I have already stated the three purposes of religion in one of my other threads. Preclude to science, answer the unanswerable, and remove responsibility for both fate and flaw. This leaves only purpose...which the Church conveniently states is to serve God, which I find wholly unacceptable. As I have said before, an omniscient omnipotent benevolent God would never create an entire race of servants, then design them so they fight among themselves. It's simply unthinkable.

However, you are welcome to your own views.

I do not believe in the Biblical heaven nor hell. Like Lucifer, these are metaphors for concepts we don't yet understand. I think Hell is the absence of unity and love, and Heaven is a greater degree of awareness and peace than we are currently experiencing.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
God (source)is real I cant prove to you guys. I have personal proof but there is no point posting here as it is too unbelievable only facts matter her on ATS. And rightly so.

But I can prove hell was man made. Because I have studied it furiously after I had my source experience as stated above. Ok below is my personal statement made off the most up to date very credible scullers of our time.

The consept of hell came from the Egyptian book of the dead going back to at least 3100bc. Egypt was two different nations the lower and upper not class just devision of geological advantages most likely. TPTB at the time (not Pharaohs they are the figure heads) but the guys who manipulated power came up with a plan to create a scary god to control people better. Both sides upper and lower egipt had hundreds of god basically just about everything animal or life source, cat god hippo gods etc. So TPTB needed to creat a new god for everyone to fear and ultimately could be used for fear mongering and the manipulation of people. This brought the farmers together. This god was a revolutionary god quite different from all other provider gods, this was the first known bad god. Universally worshiped was the sun god RA. So tpb created Apophis the serpent god who gobbles up the sun god every night , this went along with bad animals that crawl the night like wild cats and scorpions. This new god was root of all darkness and according the the Egyptian book of the dead, he was the ruler of hell and the eternal underground. The Egyptian book of the dead has the first mention in known history where Apophis the devil/hell was ever seen....and has adapted over time to Satan or Lucifer. Now that every scollor will tell you. The jews copied that becasue moses was a learned man of egipt and he only knew the egiptian book of the dead thus the word was passed.

Don't believe me do your research I have basically laid it all out all you have to do is verify.

edit on 17-3-2012 by AsuspiciousMANappears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I view your OP like an opinion Starchild23 but it is well taught, it makes a good theory and explanation.

Although maybe Satan is real or maybe he isn't.
It could be a title that's stolen or given by many demons and spirits.
edit on 17-3-2012 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You are being deceived by the greatest deceiver in the world. He is the father of all lies. He was once a beautiful angel of light, and also God's friends. He rebelled against God and was cast into earth with all his followers (Jerry Maguire style). He has magical powers over much of Mankind and breeds everything in the opposite direction of Love. I was an atheist my entire life until I turned 18 and had a conversation with the Devil. He has the ability to take over humans and control them, without them even knowing! He offered me many things if I would join his side. He couldn't offer me Love, which is the only thing that ever made me happy. So I turned him down. Real talk from Matthew Ryan Odlum.... The conversation happened June 2004 near Fulton, Missouri. (Also he told me he was an Alien, so I don't know what to believe since he is a Liar)
edit on 17-3-2012 by Mattodlum because: added some

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Originally posted by icepack

you knew what i meant. thats cheap to use a writing error to give more power to your arguments.
It doesn't matter whether or not I knew what you meant. It was necessary for me to point it out. You left me with no other choice. It was your error, but you wrapped it up in quotes, while directly stating that I had said it. Clearly, I had not.

what i was saying: you do not know, that non-human beings influence human lives, so your judgement is wrong.
Huh? I said no such thing. What is it that I am wrong about?

it will not get right by repeating a trained atheistic form of arguing.
I speak for myself, while using my own mind, along with the ability to understand common sense.

I don't believe in atheism.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You know, your post makes some sense to me, but not completely.

Keep in mind that I'm agnostic, and not even remotely spiritual. This post is just for fun.

I actually think that our reality resembles hell more than heaven. Are we demons? Maybe all of this is just a veneer, a stage, an act, a play, a dream, a charade. Deep inside our soul we're vile creatures and we live in this mutual reality that exists in our combined consciousness. A higher power condemned us to imprisonment for our actions in some other time and place, so we created this reality to make our lives more interesting. Or maybe we're sentient beings on another plane of existence. Sometimes I wonder if we come from another place. This reality we live in is a virtual reality. We live here for the danger and love and relationships that we don't get wherever we came from. Maybe when we die we remember all of it again and, for some reason, we keep coming back to this place called earth. When we're here we swear it's the worst place we could imagine being. But when we die we laugh it all away and eventually come back.

Why do we always try to invent new realities? I think because we exist in a created reality, possibly. We're just being like the creator. No creator -being- is necessary. Maybe it's just a nature program. This program creates things. The things it creates also have the nature program inside them. So they create too.

All of this is just my method of coping with death and loss and perceived injustices. People and things are always dying and being buried. And it happens to everyone, good and bad. Plays havoc on emotions. Deep inside ourselves we want a reason for all of this. Call it our spiritual self. It's not supernatural.

I imagine an old lady on her hill in her old house. Then I imagine a bulldozer running over her house until it's flat. Then digger machines flatten the hill and a neighborhood of homes appear in its place. That's what everybody eventually will become. We're temporal things. We exist for only a few moments.

We're just atoms. Composed of mostly Hydrogen (10%), Oxygen (63%), Carbon (19%), Nitrogen (4%), Phosphorus (1%), Calcium (2%). We're the stepping stone for the next person in line.

You will be worm food and everything you were and did will be forgotten.

There is no soul. There is no after life.

There is only what you see in front of you - endless death and creation of beings.

People do not want to accept that. They want a reason. A purpose.

I'm also trying to deprogram 24 years of christianity that was put into my mind. You see, I grew up believing in a god. There was a larger purpose. But now I have to cope with a naturalist viewpoint. No fancy magic tricks. No fairy tales. No happy endings - just endings and beginnings. No overseeing power other than natural law. There's no going back for me. I am on this road until I find the end of it.
edit on 17-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Yes, he's an idea. If one looks at the evidence, that is the only possibility. He was christened as the evil one by people who didn't understand where their natural instincts instincts came from. The Greeks did the same with Eros and love, except when the concept of Satan arrived, Eros somehow fell under his umbrella and degenerated into a vice.

Satan is a convenient label for man's natural instincts.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by icepack

you knew what i meant. thats cheap to use a writing error to give more power to your arguments.
It doesn't matter whether or not I knew what you meant. It was necessary for me to point it out. You left me with no other choice. It was your error, but you wrapped it up in quotes, while directly stating that I had said it. Clearly, I had not.

what i was saying: you do not know, that non-human beings influence human lives, so your judgement is wrong.

it will not get right by repeating a trained atheistic form of arguing.
I speak for myself, while using my own mind, along with the ability to understand common sense.

I don't believe in atheism.

You left me with no other choice.

omg, is this for real ?

you said, you are responsible for what you do, nobody else, no devil etc. thats completely wrong, you are a product, you are a creature and non-human beings (creator, god, satan etc.) will determine how and when you die.

while using my own mind

which is trained and programmed, a construct.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Lucifer isn't really separate from us, nor is Satan.

Before all of you jump down my throat, let me explain. I'm going to take four examples from modern Christianity, and explain the metaphors. Satan and Lucifer are, to me, interchangeable ,so the names will change...but I'll be talking about the same entity regardless.

First, we have Lucifer threatening to rise above God, so he gets cast down. Then we see him tempting Eve in the Garden of Eden. Also, we have Jesus battling him for 40 days out in the middle of nowhere. And we are told that Lucifer has power over this realm.

Alright. I'll start by saying Lucifer is nothing more than "desires of the flesh." Desires of the flesh threatened to take over the higher consciousness (God) so it was cast down. Desires of the flesh tempted Eve, and so she was corrupt. Thus, Adam and Eve were directed away from the garden.

Jesus (as difficult as it may be to accept this) struggled with the desires of his flesh for 40 days before he finally mastered them. Perhaps he was conquering personal demons, perhaps it was something else. But his flesh battled him those 40 days...hence, the appearance of "Satan".

Lucifer has power over this world? Desires of the flesh. Every single person alive lives, works and dies for the desires of the flesh. It is all we know now.

Lucifer was never a physical being, but a concept. A trait. Our trait.

Every one of our flaws comes from the desires of our flesh...otherwise known as Satan. Not a demon. Just us.

Namaste

edit on CSaturdayam515102f02America/Chicago17 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

You say desires of the flesh. I call it ego instead. It is the single person puting himself/herself before others at cost to others. It is to thinking you know better without proof that you do. It is not that the single person should suffer. The ohers around should also be symbiotic with him/her and not parasitic. It is that he should be symbiotic with others not parasitic. You shall not force others to do your bidding with manipulation but be truthful,. If you want to change someones mind then you should give the person all information and your reason for your conclusion so that he/she can make a choice depending on all facts.

I agree that Lucifer is in all of ous in some size, even the most devine will have to constantly look at his/her reasons for the action/intention he/she has. True love is egoless. Namaste

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by icepack

you are clueless, what non-human beings are capable of doing to humans.
Point the finger at god. Point the finger at beelzebub. Point the finger at BrokenCircles. Seems that the finger is always pointing away from the actual problem.

That is biggest flaw of our current society. People such as yourself are cowardly, and cannot accept responsibility for your own actions.

You point at your finger at invisible Superheroes and Villains, instead of actually looking at the true source of the problem.

[color=E489FF]"Well, he really is good people, but the devil made him do it, so let's just all hug and forgive."

This World would be a much better place to live, if so many people did not believe in fantastical fairy tales.

edit on 3/17/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

The reason this planet (human society) is not as we want it to be is because it is not evolved yeet. Life is both a teaching and a test to see how far you have evolved. But as the inhabitants get more evolved also society gets more evolved. In the end is is just like in nature. Evolve or become extinct (armageddon). God loves to teach in fractals. What is for nature is also for society. Become symbiotic with each other and nature or destroy yourself. Parasitic behaviour is always killing the host in the end and when there is to many parasites and all hosts are dead then the parasites die also.

The world would be a better place if people looked at their insides and changed/evolved even at some cost to themselves. Some people belive they can do whatever the like as long they are on the right team (Christians vs Muslism vs Buddhists). They are from my point deluding themselves. What you belive is not what god looks at. It is what you are. If you wanna be an atheist be and atheist. You will not get better or worse treatment either way.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well, okay. There is a lot of supposing about the names of the evil one, and even how real the individuals behind the names actually were. It is a true event and real individuals were behind it.

Let me tell you some history who Lucifer was. That’s right: “was.” No more is the once brilliant light alive.

Lucifer strode onto the scene over two hundred thousand earth years ago and brought this world you live on to its knees. It had just begun to be civilized and the first schools were in operation in what is now southern Iraq buried beneath the sediment of the Gulf.

Lucifer had with him a brilliant Lieutenant called Satan. When Lucifer seized power, he sent his aide, Satan, to negotiate with the devil himself ruling earth. Satan entered the conclave of the dark prince, Caligastia, and Caligastia cast his lot with Lucifer.

One by one, every planet that wished these dark powers succumbed, and eventually thirty-seven different princes bowed to the brilliant Lucifer. They pledged their humans in service to the iniquitous one, for the Princes were promised eternal dominion over that which they ruled if they were willing to join a new confederation that would fly the rebel flag that consisted of a large black circle on a white background, and in the black circle was centered a smaller red circle. It is this banner which was flown on all thirty-seven planets who joined the rebellion against spirit.

Earth fell into chaos and ancient civilizations were cruelly denied sustenance and perished until the only monuments left to stand were those dedicated to fear and the vainglorious power of Lucifer.

It will one day frighten many of the readers here to learn this is all true, and what they are blissfully unaware of. Lucifer was a superhuman being of spirit. So too were Satan and Caligastia, for they were not made visible to human eyes, but they had weapons of great material power that could kill men and spirit such as angels. They ruled the earth like eastern potentates who brooked no opposition and killed to keep their place.

Up through World War I, Caligastia roamed freely on this planet. In World War II, Caligastia plotted with the axis powers. During the Korean War, Caligastia’s ability to visit the imprisoned Lucifer was denied. When the agents of detention seized Caligastia a short time later, they bound him and the imprisoned Lucifer together and removed them completely from their former earthly abode for trial.

The trial was entitled: (The Bright and Morning Star) Gabriel VS Lucifer, and it lasted decades as the testimony was taken from millions of incarcerated beings held by these rebels, and when the last witness spoke against Lucifer’s crimes, the judges decreed that they become as if they never had been.

In one such testimony given, the angle Manotia told of the day she dared question Caligastia of his right to rule the earth and the angels serving there. She told the court that Caligastia requisitioned one of the powerful liaison force weapons and fired it to kill her, but the weapon did not fire and could not fire, and she left the bewildered Caligastia yet fuming against her but impotent to do anything further. This is but one record of thousands and some say millions of offenses sworn to against the rebels.

Such is the true story of what so many people believe is an ancient fable of lust and power. It was more than that and it today carries ramifications that need to be remedied.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join