It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Is Not A Real Being

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well...
Everything you say seems correct,

but if Lucifer wanted to good things it could..but that's why free choice prevents
any destruction of Lucifer by a higher power,

but you might believe in fate, so I don't know.

Hope that helps,

Mr medinet

Originally posted by ottobot
I haven't read through all of the posts in this thread yet, but I wanted to post my opinion anyway:

In the Bible, God and Lucifer chat as if they are old friends. They challenge one another, even in one instance basically wagering over how Job would react to various tragedies in his life.

I think that "God" and "Satan", if entities as they are commonly thought to be, are actually groups of beings... gods, spirits, aliens, whatever they are... and each group is collectively known by one name.

God and Lucifer of the Bible were originally from the same place. They had an argument, and they parted ways.

God could not be "good" if Lucifer were not cast as "bad".

Thus, the two have a symbiotic relationship.

I am of the opinion that they are adversaries only because certain religious texts written from the point of view of human writers trying to explain various concepts to laymen in the form of fictional stories and parables give "proof" that they are adversaries.

I agree with the OP, it is entirely possible that God and Satan are just sets of traits which are seen as "good"
and "bad" and ascribed to external entities as a way of explanation.

Interesting thread!
edit on 4/1/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I figured Lucifer was like ...God's personal co developer. Best friends till the end right? Remember, that it is written in past tense

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thats a pretty bold statement..... Dont let your mind wander off too far now...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

When one realizes that most of our logic began with the government, and nearly all of our religion (remember, the Church once was the government) one should begin considering the impossible for theories, the unthinkable for answers, and the ridiculous for closure.

After all, they must call it ridiculous for a reason, right? To discourage us from looking.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

crazy as it seems, possible. Satan (or lucy) aka lucifer. was in fact the greatest of angels, was past tense. Obviously someone (God) had to give him that title... Morning star.. Morning star is now Christ, or emission of (duty). I speak of more mystical terms than it simply being "venus"

anyways it is crazy, crazy like gnostics. in fact Life as it is, is more bad than good. depending how your life is, are you given # or gold? Well let u s say that life is either good or bad. God being good and the "devil" lucy, being bad. Sounds like both agendas (lucifer and God) created our world. Good and bad. positive and negat ive. Negative to learn and transform into positive. or complete negative, like terminal cancer, mortality, etc there is also plenty of gray and freewill wrapped in all of this. These qualities of life philosophically is created to make it a learning experience. Once you know that, answering the question "What is the meaning of life" becomes almost child play compare to the bigger picture in life. After you figured this out in a positive means, giving to the poor, helping other friends, giving, etc. You are on the road!
edit on 2-4-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Once you know that, answering the question "What is the meaning of life" becomes almost child play compare to the bigger picture in life. After you figured this out in a positive means, giving to the poor, helping other friends, giving, etc. You are on the road!

Jesus's name, in the original language, means "YHVH is Salvation".

I believe the Bible to be a book of riddles, as Paul said:

I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, 3for you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men? 4For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not mere men?

Corinthians 3:2, King James version

From that, we see that we were given veiled messages, as we were not yet ready for the truth. Here is a quote from the Holy Bible itself:

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us (1 Jn. 4:8-12, NIV).

From this, we can take that the whole matter is just a riddle. God is love, and Jesus points to that fact. In order to follow the "will of God" we must love each other.

It's perfectly obvious...you just have to accept that the Bible was never meant to be taken literally. Unfortunately, most don't see it that way. And that's where we have problems.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Jesus's name, in the original language, means "YHVH is Salvation".

I believe the Bible to be a book of riddles, as Paul said:

I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, 3for you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men? 4For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not mere men?

Corinthians 3:2, King James version

From that, we see that we were given veiled messages, as we were not yet ready for the truth. Here is a quote from the Holy Bible itself:

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us (1 Jn. 4:8-12, NIV).

From this, we can take that the whole matter is just a riddle. God is love, and Jesus points to that fact. In order to follow the "will of God" we must love each other.

It's perfectly obvious...you just have to accept that the Bible was never meant to be taken literally. Unfortunately, most don't see it that way. And that's where we have problems.

I'm not understanding your rebuttal at all, I suppose I was talking about something else. and you are trying to get me to believe that the bible should not be taken literal? Thats called a agenda! Your tranceded perspective still isn't viable enough for every day atsers to swallow. no I kid, but you are open to your opinion. No substance like a diet coke
edit on 3-4-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I'm not understanding your rebuttal at all, I suppose I was talking about something else. and you are trying to get me to believe that the bible should not be taken literal? Thats called a agenda! Your tranceded perspective still isn't viable enough for every day atsers to swallow. no I kid, but you are open to your opinion. No substance like a diet coke

Once you know that, answering the question "What is the meaning of life" becomes almost child play compare to the bigger picture in life. After you figured this out in a positive means, giving to the poor, helping other friends, giving, etc. You are on the road!

As you can see, I was explaining that we have come to view life as a process of materialism and false enthusiasm, encouraged to believe that all is as it should be.

However, the bigger picture is love. Love thy neighbor.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. The Bible is almost nothing but riddles, made to give man understanding of the universe when he is ready, and help him rise to his true potential. Mankind has not been ready for hundreds of years. But now...he has the chance to truly understand the Bible.

Psalm 78:2 I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things, things from of old

To understand a proverb, and a figure, The words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
- Proverbs 1:6

If you are so fond of taking things literally, try these proverbs which are so open to interpretation. By the way, "dark sayings" was another way of saying riddles, or hidden knowledge. Therefore, I see a lot of "riddling" going on in the scriptures. And you ridicule me for taking a metaphorical stance.

How does that strike you?

edit on CTuesdaypm262642f42America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You forget demons are much smarter than people;

Jesus talked in riddles all the time, how the hell else could we understand?

Hope this helps,

Mr medinet

edit on CTuesdaypm373727f27America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmedinet

I finished my post. Please see above for details.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm just saying that anyone from their own perspective can adjust the bible to their own thoughts means and interpretation. Even the devil can speak from the bible
The devil tempted Jesus speaking words from the bible challenging Him. The devil is real (lucy), just in some other dimension. Also real is difficult to define, physics claim this is not reality. Star child just has a different opinion than others and some can relate. I was first theist then hardcore agnostic. then this

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I'm just saying that anyone from their own perspective can adjust the bible to their own thoughts means and interpretation. Even the devil can speak from the bible
The devil tempted Jesus speaking words from the bible challenging Him. The devil is real (lucy), just in some other dimension. Also real is difficult to define, physics claim this is not reality. Star child just has a different opinion than others and some can relate. I was first theist then hardcore agnostic. then this

Yes, but there is only one truth.

I aim to find that truth. I am hoping it will mean the salvation of our race...if not, then there is no reason to contribute to a soon-to-be extinct species.

And by soon, I mean in the next thousand years or so.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Yes, but there is only one truth.

I aim to find that truth. I am hoping it will mean the salvation of our race...if not, then there is no reason to contribute to a soon-to-be extinct species.

And by soon, I mean in the next thousand years or so.

I believe that truth is only a form of mathmatical problems... physics. which isn't my strong point. besides that salvation is already here. Obviously i am talking about JC his death for our sins. (if you believe in that) You or me are not the answer.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I believe that truth is only a form of mathmatical problems... physics. which isn't my strong point. besides that salvation is already here. Obviously i am talking about JC his death for our sins. (if you believe in that) You or me are not the answer.

Considering I don't see a risen Jesus walking around today, I'm going to have to say that we are our own salvation. Or rather, finding peace and love will show us salvation. We must learn to balance our nature...not only with itself, but with the world as well.

I have already shown you lines from the Holy Bible itself that point to this conclusion. It is your choice to take the Bible literally, when it obviously states that half of what it says is nothing but riddles..."milk for babes, meat for men".

Physics is the science of how everything was designed to coexist efficiently. Understanding of physics leads to understanding of the universe, and understanding of the universe leads to understanding of Source. And this is only a single path among hundreds of roads and junctions by which to understand our reality.
edit on CWednesdayam131328f28America/Chicago04 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join