It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Is Not A Real Being

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The 'outside' world will always look like that but it shouldn't be allowed to ruin your life experience. Hell on earth is not the only alternative.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
The 'outside' world will always look like that but it shouldn't be allowed to ruin your life experience. Hell on earth is not the only alternative.

The "outside world", as you so quaintly put it, happens to be the world I live in. Should I ignore everything outside of my state boundaries? Everything inside the state still sucks hard candies.

Everything inside my city is swell, but hey, if I'm going to ignore everything outside of my city, why not ignore the city itself? Why not ignore my life? Why live life at all?

You are nonsensical, and this conversation is going absolutely nowhere.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

The discussion is supposed to lead to nowhere (now/here). This is where god lives.
youtu.be...
The living in the somewhere else and somebody elses life is what takes you away from Heaven. Living in the mental realm of time and space is painful if you don't know where your home is. Always conflicting with 'what is' is suffering and insanity, it is the human 'condition'.

Taking responsibility for your own state of consciousness changes the 'world'.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven (domain of perfection, wholeness and integrity as a first/last cause).

To complain, is absurd.

"The kingdom of heaven is spread out upon the earth, but men do not see it" (children do)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I sees it, I also sees the thoughts arising.
The I of God sees and knows.
The mind (like Satan, has been placed above God) does not know, it is confused and complains. Stuck in fear and desire the mental realm is torture.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The mind (like Satan, has been placed above God) does not know, it is confused and complains. Stuck in fear and desire the mental realm is torture.

God and Satan are the same thing. We just have trouble accepting that perhaps positive and negative are the same face in two different lights.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

It is all one thing. It is you.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

It is all one thing. It is you.

In a very small and fractal sense, yes. But since I have not yet awakened to the unity, I will perceive myself as a separate being.

Until then, Satan and God are one being, but I am separate. However, despite my perception, I am also aware of the truth: I am not separate at all.
edit on CWednesdaypm010111f11America/Chicago28 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The hypothesis is that Satan is not a real being..

This may be true I overheard ,so and so, say that Satan is a rank achieved in the mind of the demiurge.

Not sure if I'm saying that right, anyone with first hand knowledge of this rank system?

Originally posted by Starchild23

God and Satan are the same thing. We just have trouble accepting that perhaps positive and negative are the same face in two different lights.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmedinet

Now that is something I haven't heard before.

Can anyone build on what this user said?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

With this I vehemently disagree, since God is love, and as such is our advocate whereas Satan, whether an entity or as a principal of rebellion against the God-principal, is an adversary, or internally, as the ego-self or the mind/intellect self which seeks to rise to Godhood, and replace God. God is truth, love and life, and the spirit of the universe, whereas Satan represents a principal of raw temporal power and of might makes right, a principal of "me first" selfishness and greed and the lust for power. They are two totally different things, and are not equal and opposites either.

edit on 28-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I would agree to a point, as in most cases Satan would not come up and shake hands with you.
With in the mind or on the astral plane, things might not be the same.
I myself though I don't believe in Demon's, would not tempt or mock one.

What you speak of is a rational perspective of the world and the things that exist in our rational world. In reality there is nothing close to rational, to me the real world is closer to the Outer Limit's or Twilight Zone. From my perspective of the world at times, it is hard to keep from losing my mind. The limit's of my thought's use to end at a brick wall, with nothing past it, but as my mind thought's expanded, so did the possibilities and the Universe. Now I know of limited infinity, the limited infinity of our Universe, you can only count so high. After a time it becomes useless, impractical. The same as to say you divide something a infinite number of times, I'm sure you could but at some point it would become impracticable, as waste, because it would all be the same, so what you would have is worthless.

You have not a clue as to what exist, nor what will come to exist in the future, all you have to do is go forward, a trillion years in the future of our Universe, what God's,what Demon's exist and have always existed.
We are only out 15 billion years, the bang has just occurred, wait until things are really hopping.

Satan is as real as is.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Peace. The thread contradicts the bible. Throughout the bible it describes the Devil and describes him as an actual being that exist.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7
Peace. The thread contradicts the bible. Throughout the bible it describes the Devil and describes him as an actual being that exist.

The bible was not created to be the klump of books you know as the bible. They were obviously all separate individual books.
Majority of the books "genesis" was created during the dynasty of King David. The original book of the moses is gone hijacked by political/reigious ancients

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You may not think you have awakened to the unity but this is just a belief, as you say you percieve yourself as separate. The unity is a fact that has not been realized yet. You are not separate from this moment, whenever now is, you are. You are whole with that. If you can really see that as truth, then you will know one real truth. It might not sound like much if you are just reading these words, but if you really take a look at it, let it sink in, it will change things.

The sense of separation is due to the wanting to be somewhere else, wanting something else, resistance to what is. What is IS what is. The separation is caused by not wanting what is. What is happening presently is happening in your presence and is true. What is not happening in your presence is not true, it might be but you 'know' you cannot be sure.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I never said the being we call "God" doesn't exist. I'll admit I think it is entirely different from the traditional definitions...how can humans define something that is beyond human comprehension?

I too have a different way when it comes about "God/Male." In truth, I would always rebel against such a domineering male presence, but would do most anything for the "Goddess/Female" presence. That being said, you called it, friend. Human Beings are incapable of defining the Divine Presence, Period. No we have members in here that somehow think they know the mind of the Divine, they think they know a great many things that they do not know, in all truth. This very thought inspired this thread, which died off unexpectedly.
Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

Perhaps one day all of the religions in the word will wake up to the fact that they do not know what God is, and never did. The God(s) created for mankind's enjoyment/suffering here on Terra Firma are all based on real, sentient beings who walked on the planet and talked to man. There are many stories of these beings, some were 12 feet tall, and some glowed so they had to cover their heads when among the population. After these beings left the planet, religion followed, as the people, wanting their God back, would do ritual, and even sacrifice, anything to bring back their deity. As with anything that could be called, collectively, "A Belief System," these can never be world-wide, as areas change and grow apart from others, the people, and the people's way, beliefs, and practices all become different, in big, and in small ways. There are basically 8 religions that run the world today. Here is a good book that delves into this belief debacle we see going on all the time over religion/god/holy books.
God Is Not One: The Eight Rival Religions That Run the World--and Why Their Differences Matter
Can anyone convince me that the current wars are not religious wars?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Lucifer means light-bearer, the Morning Star etc., (as a side note, Jesus was also referred to as the "morning star" in a few places of the Bible).

Exactly so, AdamsMurmur, a star for your post! You and I are not alone in this thinking either....
The Morning Star: Jesus or "Lucifer"?
Jesus Christ IS the TRUE lucifer (morning star, light bringer)
Is Jesus Lucifer and the Devil?

Light is akin to wisdom, the "eye of Lucifer" represents the third eye where light (divine wisdom) enters the body. Fluoride and other poisons are put into our food/water to attempt to interrupt that point in the body where wisdom enters.

Again, excellent answer, and I fully agree. I myself have been told many times that I made a mistake my attaining so much knowledge, that the wisdom that is attained by humanity leads one down a dark path. I do not agree with that, and would not trade what I know for anything on Earth.

We also have to take Divine Balance into account here. For us humans, that is a Spiritual Balance.
Once one attains a Balance, one comes to realize that everything is one, or a Divine Oneness. This is why we will never find God, because it is us, after all, and even when we look at ourselves in a mirror, all we see is a reflection of what is really there. Humanity is a reflection of the Divine, and the Divine is One, who is Two, and so on. Please refer to The Geometry of Creation, and the sequencing of 12 Around 1.

Satan means adversary. What is your adversary? The ego. When ego is liberated, one is closer to God and their divinity because of the realization of Oneness.

I will not quote the entire paragraph, but imagine that I did, for I agree on all points. It is rather like that old cartoons of a guy with an Angel on one shoulder, and a Devil on the other. Both try to have an effect, but the guy always has free will. I defeated my massive ego years ago, after beginning the combined study of the Occult Teachings, Theosophy, Kabbala, and Wicca. I began to realize that what we think of as "God" in it's many forms is just like the The Golden Ratio and The Fibonacci Numbers. God and Satan are one and the same! One is but a different sequencing of the same original sequencing.

My idea of these "bad spirits" are simply souls of beings still going through their death process (a stripping away of everything that you are not, because we are all good and perfect deep inside, God does not make mistakes), but because all the different realms/dimensions occupy the same space, people are able to interact with those beings. They aren't some curse or dark army of the devil that's going to wage war on heaven.

I agree there too. I have seen many dead people throughout my life, and strongly believe that some are torturing themselves, in an effort to pay up on accumulated negative Karma, perhaps. That kind of Karma is best served on while one is still alive on Earth, rather than waiting until they are in Spirit form, all knowing, immortal, and never sleeping. Many people see these departed Souls, but people have different views of what they are. My dead uncle Charlie to me is a satanic demon to a Christian, a Jinn to a Muslim, and a Shadow Being to a Native.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

This is the single greatest, most accurate and insightful post in this entire thread...even more so than my own OP.

Autowrench, I sweep my hat off to you.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7

Negativity does exist...however, you see it as existing outside of the human body rather than within. Are emotions not as real as the flesh, to our minds? Is anger and love not as powerful as fire and blade to the human skin?

We simply have mistaken the meaning for physical rather than perceptive existence. When we realize that everything about God and Satan is energy, rather than physical form, as well as surpassing, in every aspect, the human comprehension and definition...the moment we realize and embrace this, is the moment we take the first step towards truly understanding the Bible, and our universe and very reality.

Until then, we are hopelessly lost in a materialistic society built by the flesh and perception that will ultimately doom us if we do not change. Perception is truth...but truth is not perception.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

This is the single greatest, most accurate and insightful post in this entire thread...even more so than my own OP.

Autowrench, I sweep my hat off to you.

I am humbled, Starchild....I was only trying to bolster your thread, not take it over. Thank you.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join