It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop everything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Take war out of the equation
Take Religion out of the equation
what would earthlings think about?

Without all the regular distractions that make up your life what do you, as a single entity think when you are set to ponder on the existance that is you. Blind people usually have other senses heightened due to the loss of one, perhaps the lack of use of a sense will slowly eliminate it?

Perhaps by distracting us with day to day things like cars, work, money, politics and wars, the government is lowering our sense of our surroundings.

Unbelievable?

edit on 17-3-2012 by SageBeno because: Spell

edit on 18-3-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I Turned Off TV 5 Years Ago, Starting Watching My Government And I'm Amazed How People Call Me Crazy, Stupid, Ridiculous. Until The End Results Are Evident. I Believe Food, TV, Plastics,Movies, Music......All Are Poisoning Our General Intelligence

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Highly believable.

Imagine if you will: rather than directing all of our energies on those minute things which divide us (race, religion, political leanings) we instead directed all those energies towards all that which unites us, Love being the big one, and tried only to help our fellow man. Just imagine the world we would be living in today if for the past thousands of years we directed our energy towards more positive goals.

I think we are getting there sooner rather than later.

Much Love!
edit on 17-3-2012 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SageBeno

Perhaps by distracting us with day to day things like cars, work, money, politics and wars, the government is lowering our sense of our surroundings.

Welcome to the machine.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by SageBeno

Welcome to the machine.

Yep. I second that.

The gov't can be blamed for almost everything, but then again, I do not know how well off people would be w/o one.

Humans have the amazing ability to adapt quickly to whats around them and humans (some not all) are natural leaders and assume that role, needed or not. It would seem that sometime we are military structured in nature sometimes...But I guess I'm carrying on. Good thread.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
We most likely wouldn't be here at all. What I mean by that is that we'd probably have left Earth along time ago as we would have all focused on science and mastered inter-universal travel at this point.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
We most likely wouldn't be here at all. What I mean by that is that we'd probably have left Earth along time ago as we would have all focused on science and mastered inter-universal travel at this point.

Yeah, at least with religion that would be the case. To me it just seems like a giant distraction for the TPTB to control you...I'm not bashing religion, but everyone has the right to believe in something, but I just don't agree with it at all.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I must agree with everyone here as if we took war and religion out the equation we would be technologically and spiritually advance far beyond what we could even imagine.

We'd have no diseases, amazing flying cars, free energy, all of the things we dream of would be possible, and still are!

Only if we were to halt the funding of war machines, nuclear weapons, guns. This is where all of our money goes... to evil.

People wish to argue "well, we need to defend ourselves" from what, OURSELVES? We are all human beings by DNA, we are all the same in spirit, and death equalizes us as no one is safe or excused from it.

If no guns, or nuclear arms existed in the world at all, what would we need to defend ourselves from? Wars have NEVER fixed a problem or did any true good. They are nothing short of a temporary fix, same thing when people take painkillers, it isn't healing you, it's just temporarily making your ailment more manageable. We should be evolved past the point of wars, as ANIMALS war. Aren't we supposed to be more intelligent? Why haven't we figured this out yet?

It's holding us back so far...

All of these material things are holding us back from the bigger picture, from discovering who we truly are and why we are here. We would know the definite answers to these long-wondered questions if we were not distracted and divided by race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, political party, and even small things like the music we choose to listen to, or the sports team we like.

These are all just DISTRACTIONS to keep us from realising that we are all one. Once you realise that we are indeed all one, the boundaries fall and you begin to treat people as if they were you yourself, with kindness, and respect, with love.
edit on 17-3-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I disagree to a certain point. Controls are just a symptom of the problem. Government and religion just use our ego and selfish nature to exploit us. If it wasn't those things, it woild be something else holding us back. Once people learn that to control their basic needs and desires, then we can advance.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Oh how I constantly ponder those same thoughts.

This song is a great reminder for anyone.

I must also add; I stoped watching tv a year ago ang mentally i've never felt better.
edit on 17/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

Thank you. This is my thought exactly

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

Yes,
You get it.

Now how do we have the world think positively..

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Imagine that just for one day, everyone in America decided to stop buying all the crap it doesn't need. It would collapse the world economy. We can't even do that. It's actually a biological process that is too blame. When you experience pleasure your brain routes itself so that it is constantly trying to recreate that pleasure, which causes addiction. Our entire consumer world is built around this premises and knowledge. They use sugar, tv, sports and drugs to pacify us, and these are just a few examples. We are completely conditioned by our governments and most welcome it.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
Imagine that just for one day, everyone in America decided to stop buying all the crap it doesn't need. It would collapse the world economy. We can't even do that. It's actually a biological process that is too blame. When you experience pleasure your brain routes itself so that it is constantly trying to recreate that pleasure, which causes addiction. Our entire consumer world is built around this premises and knowledge. They use sugar, tv, sports and drugs to pacify us, and these are just a few examples. We are completely conditioned by our governments and most welcome it.

Very well said
, I tell people this all the time. As long as people are comfortable they will continue to be oblivious to the truth. I have pulled my family as far back from it as I can. We grow most of our food, raise and butcher our own meat, and just try not to follow the line the majority is following.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulshn
Highly believable.

[color=Cyan]Imagine if you will: rather than directing all of our energies on those minute things which divide us (race, religion, political leanings) we instead directed all those energies towards all that which unites us, [color=Chartreuse]Love being the big one[color=Cyan], and tried only to help our fellow man.

[color=Salmon]Just imagine the world we would be living in today if for the past thousands of years we directed our energy towards more positive goals.

Much Love!

Greetings:

Bump, stars, flags, modesty-restrained adulations!

100% on the money!

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulshn
Highly believable.

Imagine if you will: rather than directing all of our energies on those minute things which divide us (race, religion, political leanings) we instead directed all those energies towards all that which unites us, Love being the big one, and tried only to help our fellow man. Just imagine the world we would be living in today if for the past thousands of years we directed our energy towards more positive goals.

Much Love!
edit on 17-3-2012 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

Except they aren't minute.

top topics

join