It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“National Def. Preparedness” Exec. Order OKs Conscripts, Nationalization of Private Industry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I want to take some time to research this but from the looks of it it looks like its the 1940's laws updated. It allows the government to take extreme measures in order to allocate national resources (resources / metals / rubber / food / industry/ etc etc etc) in the event we switch over to a total war time economy (think WWI and WWII type conflicts).

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Couldn't have.said it better myself, Thomas Jefferson is one of my personal heroes too, along with Madison and John Jay. Jefferson alsao said that it is the duty of the citizenry to regulate or govern the government because history has shown that even under the best forms of government, those entrusted with power have slowly and through perverse means transformed it into tyranny.

We are now faced with the reality that we have thwarted our duty of regulating those we elect and are seeing the results of our irresponsibility. Now we are faced with the reality that we will soon have to invoke our rights under the constitution and fight to retain our liberty or we and our grandchildren will be forced to live under a quasi-despot government comprised of those we elected to secure our liberty.

This is why Jefferson said that the most egregious reason for the right of the people to bear arms is, as a last resort to defend themselves from tyranny in government. Our government no longer fears the people but instead view us as subjects to their perverted rule.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I wonder if this man is getting paid a billion each for signing the laws that he recently did. Or the elites has his children on gunpoint for making him sign them.

Its like, "Hey Kung fu dude, you got some 'outstanding experience and ability'. We order you to join the military or xyz division for no compensation caz be own your ass." And, "Hey kid, you seem good and have 'outstanding experience and ability' at computers. We order you to join us and help us setting some missiles to nuke the planet."

And at last, "Hey chick, woaah, you got a great body and we guess you sure have 'outstanding experience and ability' in pleasing others. So we want you to work for us and please our elite bros. teeeheeee"

LOL, seriously? They just passed the law to force you to work for them for free.
edit on 17-3-2012 by morpheusxxz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
A Ranger friend once told me during REX 84 he was tasked with training the DOE security on nuke sites then wenT back to post to strategize how to take them down.
edit on 17-3-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: WRONG WORD

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by jdub297

I want to take some time to research this but from the looks of it it looks like its the 1940's laws updated. It allows the government to take extreme measures in order to allocate national resources (resources / metals / rubber / food / industry/ etc etc etc) in the event we switch over to a total war time economy (think WWI and WWII type conflicts).

kinda like a cop can commandeer your vehicle.
looks like a bunch of us knee jerking about something but hey, its very nice to stay informed

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You all are missing the point that the OP was posting about....

My emphasis added (take from Section 201 of the new Executive Order):

(b) The Secretary of each agency delegated authority under subsection (a) of this section (resource departments) shall plan for and issue regulations to prioritize and allocate resources and establish standards and procedures by which the authority shall be used to promote the national defense, under both emergency and non-emergency conditions. Each Secretary shall authorize the heads of other agencies, as appropriate, to place priority ratings on contracts and orders for materials, services, and facilities needed in support of programs approved under section 202 of this order.

Source

This does NOT exist, and the verbiage is COMPLETELY different, as verified by the following:

(b) The Secretary of Commerce, in consultation with the heads of those departments and agencies specified in subsection 201(a) of this order, shall administer the Defense Priorities and Allocations System ("DPAS") regulations that will be used to implement the authority of the President conferred by section 101 of the Act as delegated to the Secretary of Commerce in subsection 201(a)(6) of this order. The Secretary of Commerce will redelegate to the Secretary of Defense, and the heads of other departments and agencies as appropriate, authority for the priority rating of contracts and orders for all materials, services, and facilities needed in support of programs approved under section 202 of this order. The Secretary of Commerce shall act as appropriate upon Special Priorities Assistance requests in a time frame consistent with the urgency of the need at hand.

Source

All under the claim of "promoting national defense"? How far does that go exactly? Adding "non-emergency" completely opens a door to another world of interpretive law, with several more rounds through the courts to determine it's legal position. Through this phrase alone, it allows the heads of the stated agencies to TAKE or IMPLEMENT whatever they find fit, of both government and private property. I don't see how people are missing this point.....

This is exactly the type of insidious behavior I've come to expect from all of our Presidents in the last 100 years. I'm appalled.......

An "emergency" can be somewhat vague, but in most cases indicates a severe problem that needs critical attention. Who is going to define what a "non-emergency" is? Isn't that basically EVERYTHING???????

No matter how you slice it, this is bad.

~Namaste
edit on 17-3-2012 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Source

and the verbiage is COMPLETELY different, as verified by the following:

Sec. 801. Definitions. In addition to the definitions in section 702 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2152, the following definitions apply throughout this order:

(j) "National defense" means programs for military and energy production or construction, military or critical infrastructure assistance to any foreign nation, homeland security, stockpiling, space, and any directly related activity. Such term includes emergency preparedness activities conducted pursuant to title VI of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. 5195 et seq., and critical infrastructure protection and restoration.

So in review of just the verbiage. This, new, definition, changes the entire context of this executive order.
At any time, even in the case of non-emergency, the american peoples stuffs can be taken away for the purpose of, 'means programs for military and energy production or construction, military or critical infrastructure assistance to any foreign nation', National Defense.

Like I said before, Due Diligence. This is just a small part. Granted the definition is new. The first thing that should have jumped out ... is?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ruling by executive order = dictatorship.

This is not something that should ever be entertained in Congress, much less put into effect as an executive order. If EOs have the same authority as law, why even bother with Congress?

Time to act.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Here's the sections of the document the OP is talking about.

Sec. 502. Consultants. The head of each agency otherwise delegated functions under this order is delegated the authority of the President under sections 710(b) and (c) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2160(b), (c), to employ persons of outstanding experience and ability without compensation and to employ experts, consultants, or organizations. The authority delegated by this section may not be redelegated.

Sec. 308. Government-Owned Equipment. The head of each agency engaged in procurement for the national defense is delegated the authority of the President under section 303(e) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2093(e), to:

(a) procure and install additional equipment, facilities, processes, or improvements to plants, factories, and other industrial facilities owned by the Federal Government and to procure and install Government owned equipment in plants, factories, or other industrial facilities owned by private persons;

(b) provide for the modification or expansion of privately owned facilities, including the modification or improvement of production processes, when taking actions under sections 301, 302, or 303 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2091, 2092, 2093; and

(c) sell or otherwise transfer equipment owned by the Federal Government and installed under section 303(e) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2093(e), to the owners of such plants, factories, or other industrial facilities.

Still creepy regardless if it is old or new.

edit on 17-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

I don't know, section 308 doesn't sound too bad as long as the factory owners get to keep the new equipment installed by the government. I haven't read the referenced sections, though...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Because I was called out for not reading through two entire documents (go forbid I have a job and go to college at the same time)...I decided to make time and do it anyway. To be honest it just looks like the updated document that Obama sign is the same as the others and just uses different wording to say the same thing. Some people on here can be such dbags...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

What is sad is, everyone keeps ignoring it, calling for his resignation, stopping short of calling for an assassination.

edit on 17-3-2012 by ScarletWitch because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2012 by ScarletWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm working my way through them both in comparison, just because.

The new one is in effect in 'emergency and non emergency'. The other one wasn't as far as I can tell.

That difference is enough for me to be wigged out.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Interesting in the new one, no mention at all of FEMA. Not a one.

DHS are the new FEMA.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Look - if the government send representitives to take your crops just shoot them. You have nothing to lose by that point anyway.

Who tends to crops if the people dont anyway?

It's so simple, there are more of us than there are of them but still we cower in fear like little scared bitches?

What the hell is wrong with us?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ok, I've been thinking about this thread all day and now I'll tell you why :

Yesterday in my job we had a visitor who gave us a "training" about some changes we will have in order to improve the quality, safety and security (not the same). Now I read this Exec. Order and seems to match perfectly with what we've been told. I still want to believe all this is just a coincidence. I can't wait to talk to this guy again this monday, coz he said he'll be around for a few days.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
Look - if the government send representitives to take your crops just shoot them. You have nothing to lose by that point anyway.

Who tends to crops if the people dont anyway?

It's so simple, there are more of us than there are of them but still we cower in fear like little scared bitches?

What the hell is wrong with us?

Decades of social engineering. We have been trained not to rebel against authority figures.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of company do you work for?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

So how do we get through to the sheep and tell them, the sheep herder Obama has declared war on America?

This is ridiculous, D.C. and Obama should be removed by force by the Army because its obvious now he will rig the election or just pull some attack on the U.S. to stop elections from being held.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JenniferLAyres

As you can understand, It's not wise to give details, we manufacture food.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The key part is the "in time of emergency and non emergency". As that stands, yes, at anypoint this can be put into effect. That is the key difference. However, I can say the circumstance surrounding the current state of the US sways me to believe this was written up in perfect harmony with NDAA. NDAA plus this EO would put the US in a temporary dictatorial state. The people losing every right and the already powerful gaining what little power there is left to grab.

Just my two hay pennies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join