It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Cult of Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
More black people are arrested today for minor drug use than whites,,but whites do just as much if not more drugs,,THIS IS WHAT OUR CULT BRINGS TO THE TABLE...WHAT DOES YOURS?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

It is not real. The only reason why any of you think it is, is because you are sufficiently deluded that you believe that your government is still capable of functioning in a legitimate manner. It is not.

Ahh.yes. This is true it is currently incapable of functioning in a legitimate manner. The system is VERY broken. So the answer? Do nothing, vote for people that will maintain the status quo, because fixing the system is impossible so lets not even try. Go back to watching TV and buying stuff.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
What do you mean "You People"

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

...you are sufficiently deluded that you believe that your government is still capable of functioning in a legitimate manner. It is not.

So that's what this is about? You criticize people supporting a candidate with a long and predictable track record that will try to restore sanity to our government. It sounds as if your advice is just to roll over and either avoid voting at all or just select the pre-selected candidate who will maintain the dwindling status quo.

Worse case scenario (other than a govt. assassin taking him out): Paul would be powerless to change anything for the better once in office and ends up like all the rest these past few decades.

Sounds like you want everyone to just roll over and not even try to improve things. It disgusts you to hear about someone that would try to make a difference.

On the other hand, if Paul is successful there probably will be some belt-tightening that would not be easy for some to swallow. Most retired folks like myself would probably rather see all the strings pulled and the dollar stretched more to preserve their comfortable life until the end of their days on Earth. I would rather do something to restore Americas liberties and values for the future even if it might hurt a bit.

Just out of curiosity, who is your candidate of choice? What is your vision for America's future?

edit on 17-3-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Just out of curiosity, who is your candidate of choice? What is your vision for America's future?

Something more like this.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Why in the HELL are these threads still happening? Yes some Ron Paul supporters get overly passionate sometimes. No Ron Paul is not a superhero nor anywhere near it. Is he a breath of fresh air? Probably. Is he sincere? I would like to think so since he has had the same attitude and consistancy for thirty years in politics.(Refer to past videos). I have a feeling your not really seeing what is going on here. And it does not have to do with Ron Paul. But you are going to have to get used to people like this because it is only going to get stronger and more widespread until everyone is passionate about fixing this country and bringing our government to justice. Ron Paul seems to be a good man, and I hope he wouldn't change his policies right into office, but how could anyone hate on people that are passionate about returning to our Constitution that made this country what it is? Just make sure you pick the right side cause its inevitable to come down to that.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Although politicians do indeed always get the people to serve them, instead of the other way around, what makes you think that Paul would not serve this country? Paul has a voting record to show that he would do as he always has said he'd do, something that's extremely rare in our government. Paul has served in the congress since the the seventies, and since that time he has maintained a clean voting record. Hell, lobbyists even refer to him as "Mr. No," because he votes with integrity, and cannot be bought.

Right now Paul is the only candidate who has such an incredibly record in our government. He is the only man who we can trust, because he has proven himself through his decades of service.

For people who want an honest man who means to do good for our country, stop being ignorant, and look to this man, Ron Paul. The only man who has a record that isn't coated in various bribes, and instead has a prestigious record full of integrity.

Do not question this man's character, for we all know that he is the only Presidential Candidate who has any.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm still waiting to a reply about my earlier post.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Starting a post with "you people", subtracts somewhat, from the point you are making.
Be that as it may. You might understand that there are many people who had almost completely given up on politics, and politicians in general. Than along comes a presidential candidate who says things that not only make sense to us. but in reviewing his record, we could see that he voted his philosophy.

Secondly, although we liked this guy. We became sick and tired of Media acting as if he didn't exist. Or, when they did give him coverage, they did it in short sound bytes. Accompanying these sound bytes, was body language fit for reporting a UFO sighting.

The response to this lack of coverage, was to do it ourselves. If "they" won't talk about him, we'll have to do it ourselves"

That, was the birth of the Paulbots.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Thanks for the documentary link. I have been watching a number of similar vids recently and had not seen this one yet. Mainly it is about personal liberty, independence, and more specifically centers around one man's efforts in the Sovereign Man movement so I fail to understand the disconnect here. Paul's candidacy and the "R3volution" has everything to do with restoring traditional American liberty.

Your earliest statements indicate you have more of a dislike for Paul's supporters than what your reply to me suggests about your feelings for Paul's stand on these issues. In a way that is quite understandable as many of the supporters may not be as sophisticated as Dr. Paul is himself. A great many people are taking to his message as it addresses issues close to their own heart. Your video suggests you as well consider liberty and independence as worthy ideals.

Perhaps you feel Obama or possibly Romney could better accomplish these goals, or perhaps there is an independent candidate running that has a good shot at it. Perhaps you feel this is better accomplished on an individual level such is being done in the Sovereign movement. Paul is the only major candidate addressing these issues, the only one addressing personal liberty and independence whereas the others in the race call for more authoritarian governmental oversight.

The only doubts I have is whether Paul would be able to see through his goals or end up being ham-strung by the vast government machine. The others don't even have restoration of liberty as an objective. For myself, he is the only one I could support. I do not see it as a cult issue, liberty should be our natural way of life. Our government is going the other direction, however, and becoming more authoritarian each day. Personal sovereignty should be something our government protects for us not something we should fight them for. Those ideas just resonate well with a lot of people who dare to be independent.

edit on 18-3-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
reply to post by petrus4

Your earliest statements indicate you have more of a dislike for Paul's supporters than what your reply to me suggests about your feelings for Paul's stand on these issues. In a way that is quite understandable as many of the supporters may not be as sophisticated as Dr. Paul is himself. A great many people are taking to his message as it addresses issues close to their own heart. Your video suggests you as well consider liberty and independence as worthy ideals.

My issue is not with specific candidates. My issue is with the idea of people expecting the Executive branch (irrespective of the candidate inhabiting it) or government more generally, to do things for the people, which they potentially can do for themselves.

I think Americans have reached a point where they are used to thinking that they can't do anything on their own; that they need governmental involvement and support for literally anything that they might undertake. You are correct that my grievance is not with Dr. Paul himself; he seems like a genuinely good man, although experience has still taught me that it is wise to hold politicians in general in grave suspicion.

I feel that it will be of great benefit to Americans, if they can regain their faith in their ability to accomplish things without having to always rely on official or governmental channels. As Ungrip mentions, most of us these days have become extremely servile; we're used to other people doing things for us and taking responsibility for us, and we've slowly got used to the idea that we can't do anything much for ourselves.

I was reading this blog some time ago, where the author mentions that in the past, residents of each household produced most of the items that they needed to survive on a daily basis, themselves. So it isn't about me disliking any particular candidate, as it is having a general belief that Americans should not wait for anyone else to save them from their current situation. They are going to have to do it for themselves. Governments generally aren't interested in helping people all that much anywayz; they are usually a bunch of rich people whose primary interest is retaining and increasing their income.

If Americans are willing to become more independent on an individual basis, then Ron Paul (or someone like him) could be a fantastic President for them to have, because he could (via the Congress) safeguard their political ability to continue to be independent, and stop police harassment or organic dairies, etc. To me, however, that is the government's job; making sure that people are able to be independent, free of external interference. It is not the government's rightful job, on the other hand, to do everything for the people that they should be doing for themselves; and my concern is that that is what many of Dr Paul's supporters seem to want him to do for them.

They seem to want a father figure; and that never works.
edit on 18-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join