It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GREEN SKIES for ST. Patrick's Day?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Top of the mornin to ya ATS'ers.
This photo is by Zoltan Kenwell in Edmonton, Alberta. The photo was taken on March 16th and appears at spaceweather.com

Space weather.com reports that Mr Kenwell said ,” "I have never seen the auroras dance so quickly before. It was an unbelievable show," says Kenwell. "The view looking straight up was incredible. I laid down in the middle of a field and just watched in total amazement.” Looking at the photo, the wind blown, icy snow covered field, would have been very cold. But obviously, well worth the show.

edit on 17-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

And a Happy St. Patty's day to you kind sir !!

Beautiful indeed.....

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Well I can tell you the skies in Ireland are grey, at least in the west coast!

Anyhow Happy St Patricks day to all!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Happy day green beer drinkers

[snip]
edit on 17/3/12 by masqua because: Removed vid with obvious profanity

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

its a kinda magic

my dream in life is to see the northenlights

with my own eyes

great pic very very jealous

ps thanks for the new screen saver s+f
edit on 17/3/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by Violater1

its a kinda magic

my dream in life is to see the northenlights

with my own eyes

great pic very very jealous

ps thanks for the new screen saver s+f
edit on 17/3/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

From the below photo, you may have to travel to the North West UK or Scotland to see them.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Absolutely beautiful! I wish I could wake up to that scenery at least once or twice in my lifetime.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

you and me both

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

In July 2000 the Aurora Borealis was visible over Ireland. We drove north to a remote spot by the sea and spent a magical evening lying on the bonnet (hood) of our little car spellbound.

It was my dream since childhood to see the aurora and I am not ashamed to admit that I cried tears of happiness watching the shifting and flowing artistry of the universe in the sky above me.

Unforgettable, humbling and majestic. It made me feel so small and yet made me feel as one with the universe.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

In July 2000 the Aurora Borealis was visible over Ireland. We drove north to a remote spot by the sea and spent a magical evening lying on the bonnet (hood) of our little car spellbound.

It was my dream since childhood to see the aurora and I am not ashamed to admit that I cried tears of happiness watching the shifting and flowing artistry of the universe in the sky above me.

Unforgettable, humbling and majestic. It made me feel so small and yet made me feel as one with the universe.

I saw it north West of Dayton Ohio, and it was spectacular. It was changing between red's and green.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

i here you freind

top topics

join