It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't bother voting anymore, but I would SPRINT to the booths to vote for 'this' guy:

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Believe the gist is people believe everything they are told doesn't matter who it is and we gladly give them billions of dollars to promise everything and deleiver nothing.

Left Obama is the messiah
Right Romney/Santorum is the messiah
Paul is the messiah.

This nation is broken because it's people are broken

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Okay, I have been a long time lurker.. since last March. And this is what has made me finally sign up.. your attitudes!! It has left me appauld and speechless.. if you just take the time to read what this OP is saying you will get the point they are trying to make!
How come everyone is so against eachother? Trying to knock others down? It makes me so sad! Be nice people
You get so much further! Nobody wants to listen to you when you are being rude and disrespectful. Everyone here is human, nobody is perfect.. lets accept eachother and move on
You dont get the material written? Dont comment unless you want a better understanding.. and why not ask in a polite.. or humourous but NICE manner
Thank you!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Candles
Okay, I have been a long time lurker.. since last March. And this is what has made me finally sign up.. your attitudes!! It has left me appauld and speechless.. if you just take the time to read what this OP is saying you will get the point they are trying to make! .... Dont comment unless you want a better understanding.. and why not ask in a polite.. or humourous but NICE manner
Thank you!

You mean "appalled" So you have two whole posts and you're already telling people how they ought to act. If you think this:

———\\\|||••••••••♥♥♥**********°°°°°°°°° (you heard me) °°°°°°°°°**********♥♥♥••••••••|||///———

represents lucid communication, then by all means give the guy a star and a flag.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Huh? Im telling people that they should be nice.. how is that wrong? Give it a break love
if you dont think that being a positive happy energy is a good thing, then dont listen to me..

edit on 17-3-2012 by Candles because: Edit, im all wound up and nervous I made a lot of typos
!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Huh? Im telling people that they should be nice.. how is that wrong? Give it a break love
if you dont think that being a positive happy energy is a good thing, then dont listen to me..

OK. I won't listen to you. Thanks for the advice, though I had kinda gotten there on my own.

If you want postive and happy energy, I suggest to you that ATS will be very frustrating for you. Though people do get away with a lot of wild speculation here, some accountability is still expected. I'm not sure ———\\\|||••••••••♥♥♥**********°°°°°°°°° (you heard me) °°°°°°°°°**********♥♥♥••••••••|||///———
really cuts it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
LOL! Hey its not a problem
Thanks for taking my advice lmao! I dont find it frusterating at all
Theres always going to be someone who challenges you, so thanks for it

Wild speculation helps our collective cautiousness, it may be helping fufill what we are intended to do, play out all these limitless thoughts and actions, who knows? I sure dont

You have just added to my experiences. Have a good one

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes

save your shame

eaters of the dead was a brilliant novel you wouldn't get

LOL

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Welcome to ATS. Ignore the impatient people. This place is full of them.

That being said, they do have a point in that the OP is a little tough to understand. From what I can gather, it seems you are suggesting that all the money the Candidates have raised and spent on campaigning could be used towards much more important issues facing the Nation today?

Which if that is what you are suggesting, I totally agree with you and I think many members here would as well. The MSM makes a point to really make mention of how much money Romney alone has spent on his campaign, and they make a point to say Obama will spend much more than that. Any person struggling today to make ends meet can not help but feel completely insulted and outraged at the amount of money being poured into what really amounts to public relations.

Thank you. Yes, that was my message. Not only that, but I refer to it being a pointless waste on money, what with the Electoral College and all. Then I touched upon political futility further by stating what little the president does, knowing that Congress makes the real call from the sideline.

I wrote a little 'differently', yes. Politics are boring.

Thank you for bridging that gap for me.

PROTIP: I calculated each bold, underline and italizisationaryism- they're all valid. Maybe excessive, though. *fingertip pyramid*

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

You seem to be manic, clueless and arrogant. A deadly combination.

Welcome to ATS.....I suppose.

How polite. Your diplomatic competence precedes you, mr.anonymus face. You seem to assume a LOT about a person from reading one article. Tell me, is this satire? Prose perhaps? I am yet analyzing it, but sought to ask you, as you have me clearly defined.

You make a terrible welcome wagon, and you're not coming to my wedding.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewhiteeyes
you're not coming to my wedding.

it's not the niece, is it ?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

English words, wtf? Which?? What can you possibly not understand?

You're right about the communication, I guess.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Spot on, Neo. Thanks, and yes I agree that it doesn't matter who we vote for.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Okay, I have been a long time lurker.. since last March. And this is what has made me finally sign up.. your attitudes!! It has left me appauld and speechless.. if you just take the time to read what this OP is saying you will get the point they are trying to make!
How come everyone is so against eachother? Trying to knock others down? It makes me so sad! Be nice people
You get so much further! Nobody wants to listen to you when you are being rude and disrespectful. Everyone here is human, nobody is perfect.. lets accept eachother and move on
You dont get the material written? Dont comment unless you want a better understanding.. and why not ask in a polite.. or humourous but NICE manner
Thank you!

Thank you, candles. I feel a lot better. Kinda my fault too for letting them get to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Hmm, I think the opening post is a work of art.
I understand the message as well, but it does not flow freely insofar as being direct and to the point is concerned.

Having said that, yea, if the money we throw at the circus show we call elections was put toward good use to help this country, rather than the rich elite pumping up their men, we would be better off.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You might want to follow your own advice since you have appointed yourself the grammar police, that's "Rhodes scholar," not "road scholar" Just saying...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Okay, I have been a long time lurker.. since last March. And this is what has made me finally sign up.. your attitudes!! It has left me appauld and speechless.. if you just take the time to read what this OP is saying you will get the point they are trying to make! .... Dont comment unless you want a better understanding.. and why not ask in a polite.. or humourous but NICE manner
Thank you!

You mean "appalled" So you have two whole posts and you're already telling people how they ought to act. If you think this:

———\\\|||••••••••♥♥♥**********°°°°°°°°° (you heard me) °°°°°°°°°**********♥♥♥••••••••|||///———

represents lucid communication, then by all means give the guy a star and a flag.

I got you, you pretentious douche bag. Candles made a valid point in a friendly way. You don't understand that. Your soul reflects that avatar picture, so you take it out on people you think you're above. Piezzo de Merde. How are you 'above' anyone, cazzo? Your 'stars?' Phuck your stars, and you for thinking THAT and time/seniority in ANY WAY reflects your character OR privelige to speak.

You want lucidity? You are pretentious slime. Keep your magical 'stars and flags'. Cradle them at night to satiate your epic solitude. I've got a document you can archive. It's used, quilted and covered in fecal matter. Like your heart.

PROTIP: OK, so your heart probably isn't quilted.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewhiteeyes
I would wake up an hour early, stretch, and put on a ridculously cliche' jogging outfit to RUN to the booths to vote for anyone (do you hear the grim tone in my voice when I say 'anyone'?) who could simply do this:

Take the BILLION dollars you spend months raising with the help of hundreds of "competent" people, and just put it straight into the problems you politicians ALL promise to fix. Straight into it. No half-assed 'salary percentage' bull$hit, all of it.

———\|||••••••••♥♥♥**********°°°°°°°°° (you heard me) °°°°°°°°°**********♥♥♥••••••••|||///———

Now imagine all '7'(?however many) canidates doing this with what they raise.. We all know their actual function isn't that important. Not enough to warrant the nightmarsh 'one-act-play' consuming mainstream media, and ruling a surprising fraction of the economy itself. After all, our 'leaders' serve only to announce the desicions of a collective 'hive mind' behind the curtain. It boils down to 'people are always going to have a reason to bitch' +(plus) 'Who, other than ourselves, can we blame' ÷(divided by) 'we don't really want to know the truth'.

We, as an economy, invest billions of dollars, every year, into picking a scapegoat. If we pooled that money, and circumvented needless hand-shaking (PROTIP: The handshake originated as a formal way to check each other's sleeves for daggers), combined with overhauling the fuel/foreign oil dependence (both product of and catalyst to political steakfat), imagine the time, energy and resource we would have remaining to resolve valid, pressing issues.

Besides

Even my 13 year-old niece knows about Skull&Bones, Bohemian Grove, and that ELECTIONS are RIGGED.

She would school most forums on the Electoral College. Hey, I didn't say A.T.S.…[/font]

What the.. Did anybody get it?
edit on 17-3-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Imho sprinting to the polling booths is taking the notion a bit far. Although it would be nice if they gave all the money away and actually debated the issues. But at the same time if they gave all their money away how would we know they were running for office?

However, the reality is we can never know their stance until they get into office because they spend all their time telling us what they think we want to hear and avoiding speaking on any real issues at all cost. They make up fake issues to divert attention away from things such as our loss of freedom of speech and the police state America has become.

But that's OK because whether or not employers have a right to deny health care coverage for birth control is obviously more important and the ignorant masses fall for it spending their days debating dumb things like birth control while signing away every constitutional right the Framers made provisions for.

But its good to have a dream, even if it is a thing no one will ever see, because evil is manifest in politicians, and if you dream instead of face reality then you do not have to deal with reality. Always a good plan!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

OK. I won't listen to you. Thanks for the advice, though I had kinda gotten there on my own.

If you want postive and happy energy, I suggest to you that ATS will be very frustrating for you. Though people do get away with a lot of wild speculation here, some accountability is still expected. I'm not sure ———\\\|||••••••••♥♥♥**********°°°°°°°°° (you heard me) °°°°°°°°°**********♥♥♥••••••••|||///———
really cuts it.

Whatever will someone do without your undivided douche-baggery? Didn't like my page break? Hold on..

Dear diary,
AFK cutting wrists.

Grammar-nazi, dog-face crybaby control freak cazzo.

Other than that page break, since you couldn't 'communicate' what you were reading, what wasn't grammarically intact (PROTIP: I'm flipping you off)?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hey dont attack him, maybe hes just used to being that way.. who knows why? I do feel bad for people who are sad, every one deserves to be happy.

Personally your thread was interesting
Politics are nuts these days.. they seem to do things for themselves and that breaks the whole law of governing doesnt it?
Its cray-zee!

Im from Canada, and harper recently passed bill c 10. Have you guys heard of that?
it is quite scary! The majority of us have opposed this bill and yet.. its been passed! Its the no tolerance on crime act.. first offenders will go to jail.. innocent pot heads.. the list goes on. Crime rates in canada have been dropping, so i dont see the need for it! They are going to be putting all this money in to the jail system, taxpayers money. Yucky

Oh geez if iv gone off topic feel free to let me know ill delete this post

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join