It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't bother voting anymore, but I would SPRINT to the booths to vote for 'this' guy:

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I would wake up an hour early, stretch, and put on a ridculously cliche' jogging outfit to RUN to the booths to vote for anyone (do you hear the grim tone in my voice when I say 'anyone'?) who could simply do this:

Take the BILLION dollars you spend months raising with the help of hundreds of "competent" people, and just put it straight into the problems you politicians ALL promise to fix. Straight into it. No half-assed 'salary percentage' ##snip##, all of it.

———\|||••••••••♥♥♥**********°°°°°°°°° (you heard me) °°°°°°°°°**********♥♥♥••••••••|||///———

Now imagine all '7'(?however many) canidates doing this with what they raise.. We all know their actual function isn't that important. Not enough to warrant the nightmarsh 'one-act-play' consuming mainstream media, and ruling a surprising fraction of the economy itself. After all, our 'leaders' serve only to announce the desicions of a collective 'hive mind' behind the curtain. It boils down to 'people are always going to have a reason to bitch' +(plus) 'Who, other than ourselves, can we blame' ÷(divided by) 'we don't really want to know the truth'.

We, as an economy, invest billions of dollars, every year, into picking a scapegoat. If we pooled that money, and circumvented needless hand-shaking (PROTIP: The handshake originated as a formal way to check each other's sleeves for daggers), combined with overhauling the fuel/foreign oil dependence (both product of and catalyst to political steakfat), imagine the time, energy and resource we would have remaining to resolve valid, pressing issues.

Besides

Even my 13 year-old niece knows about Skull&Bones, Bohemian Grove, and that ELECTIONS are RIGGED.

She would school most forums on the Electoral College. Hey, I didn't say A.T.S.…[/font]

edit on Sat Mar 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes

Ummmmm, what?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

No amount of education could have prepared me for this.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

That actually hurt my head to read. What the hell are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I agree that it would be great if all the money spent on presidential campaigning were to go to charities.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
tell your neice to go outside and play

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Welcome to ATS. I agree that it would be great if all the money spent on presidential campaigning were to go to charities.

Thanks for commenting. Sure would change things, huh.

And thanks for actually reading it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

She's busy with MK2, trying to beat up that annoying cloaked figure in the back for NEVER CONTRIBUTING ANYTHING.

really? The ' niece' is a metaphor.

I'm guessing you commented on the only part you understood?

A.T.S., 'deny comprehensive reading skills'. That's my new sig now, thank you. I'm serious.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
HUH?? Say what?

...I think I have entered the "Twilight Zone" here.

Yep, I have.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

...i just shot coffee out of my nose with laughter....thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You are one of those new electronic talking type people aren't you?All those stylistic colloquial embellishments are lost here, we just want to know what you think.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
You are one of those new electronic talking type people aren't you?All those stylistic colloquial embellishments are lost here, we just want to know what you think.

Omfg new electric what? I typed this out this morning, as it came to me. Please refer to new sig.

I'm sorry, but by comparison, glp beats the HELL out of ATS concerning fundamental comprehension skills. Everyone here 'omgbbq's my ops..there, people understand, and respond immediately.

ATS is addicted to following a mindset based upon other posts. One person slaps an opinion down, and20 road scholars pop in to reaffirm the sentiment, whatever THAT may be. Free thinking, come on.

Op seyz: We waist two much monie on paula ticks, to appoint a guy, to fix were all duh monie whent. Its duhm, cuz voatz R rigged anie whey. AND, the guy we voat four is naught importunt, becuz cawngriss makes the ackshoeul desissions anie whey, and duh prezedent is mearlee a figgerhed, or skapegote.

It is a pointless dance of semantic bull$hit, causing more problems than they EVER fix.

edit on 17-3-2012 by threewhiteeyes because: had too git mie dickshunairy

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

How about you learn how to type like a normal human being? Seriously, what you typed looked pretty and all, but made no sense at all.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewhiteeyes

She's busy with MK2, trying to beat up that annoying cloaked figure in the back for NEVER CONTRIBUTING ANYTHING.

A.T.S., 'deny comprehensive reading skills'. That's my new sig now, thank you. I'm serious.

so you are just making stuff up

I'm shocked

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I..I'm speechless. Maybe made no sense to you? Try reading it again, idk. You'll see that a couple....maybe one understood. That makes it a 'you' thing, not to be rude.

What doesn't make sense?

edit on 17-3-2012 by threewhiteeyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

so you are just making stuff up

I'm shocked

Quiet troll. Wasn't 'eater of the dead' a magic card? Let's see...mortal kombat avatar, kiddie card game reference...you're in the wrong room. Kiddie pool is down the hall.

I said metaphor, litebrite, I didn't say I made her up.

I'm ashamed for you. If you don't understand op, or have anything intelligent to say, piss off. I would explain the post, but I don't know how to translate it into:
F, F, B, B, B, low kick, or, 0: remove target creature in any graveyard from the game. Untap Eater of the Dead.

Although still knowing that junk makes me a dork, by default.

PROTIP: That's Liu Kang's Friendship, btw. *slaps forehead* Nevermind, let's talk about MK & M:tg then; OP sailed into file 13 anyway, what with all the complicated literary devices.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I read it multiple times, didn't come any closer to making sense no matter how many times I read it.

Title "I don't bother voting anymore, but I would SPRINT to the booths to vote for 'this' guy"

Then you go off the charts, with a lot of pretty looking stuff, a lot of censor dodging.....

Who is this guy you speak of?

I thought at first, maybe you were not english, but the fact you try to hide swears from being censored, makes me think otherwise.
edit on Sat, 17 Mar 2012 15:24:31 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You seem to be manic, clueless and arrogant. A deadly combination.

Welcome to ATS.....I suppose.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. Ignore the impatient people. This place is full of them.

That being said, they do have a point in that the OP is a little tough to understand. From what I can gather, it seems you are suggesting that all the money the Candidates have raised and spent on campaigning could be used towards much more important issues facing the Nation today?

Which if that is what you are suggesting, I totally agree with you and I think many members here would as well. The MSM makes a point to really make mention of how much money Romney alone has spent on his campaign, and they make a point to say Obama will spend much more than that. Any person struggling today to make ends meet can not help but feel completely insulted and outraged at the amount of money being poured into what really amounts to public relations.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

I..I'm speechless. Maybe made no sense to you? Try reading it again, idk. You'll see that a couple....maybe one understood. That makes it a 'you' thing, not to be rude.

What doesn't make sense?

The whole thing. Those look kind of like English words. Well, except for that funny thingie in the middle, that is. But if you want someone to be good at reading comprehension, you first have to write something comprehensible. You have not. It's gibberish.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. Don't blame the reader. Blame your lack of writing skills.

The only thing I have been able to extract out of your umm post (the electoral college nothwithstanding) is that you want all the campaign money to go to fixing problems. You actually think a couple billion dollars is going to fix everything? We spend that every day not fixing anything. Campaign dollars are a drop in the bucket. It's like pissing into the ocean and expecting the sea to rise.

I have an alternative. I'd like to see the Obama campaign's billion dollars go to buy a fleet of 100 A-10 Warthogs to add to the fleet. (11.7 million apiece, approximately a billion or so and change) That would do us a lot more good.
edit on 3/17/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join