It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE: Soldiers: "You (civilians/countrymen) Are Not Worth Fighting For!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The thread is a response to www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is unfortunately is not true,

There also seems to be a hell of alot of people backing the claim up, claiming to have served in the Army, i can only assume none of these people are veterans and are simply lying for what ever reason, or left the army over 20yrs ago, and probably if they have, served in another country's armed forces, there is plenty of help for veterans to adapt back into civilian life within the British Army, such as Career Transition programs, Army Benevolent funds, and Re Housing projects, its been so long, most of the names have changed to, i'll try rummage around the house and find my leavers pack and present further information, there is so much you can do that i could'n't possibly list everything in one such thread so feel free to ask questions, i will try to make it as short as possible and tell you the route i took and things you can do.

Upon leaving the forces you attend lessons/classes mine was for a week, in which you will be briefed about resettling back into Civvy Street as we called it, it is designed to educate you on all the programs available, and to advise you on options to take, this is not the 1970s many things have changed over the years, there are many organization's you can go to for help, and this talk of having to join the back of the cues when you leave is total BS, it's laughable, you are given PRIORITY OVER EVERYBODY, Jobs, Housing, everything, and you are highly highly employable with your army background to.

In the army, it is none stop learning, what ever you want to do whether it be qualifications in "anything", then they will pay for you to go do them, because making you better and a more skilled soldier is a direct benefit to them, they want to make you as best as you can be, mentally & physically and its at no cost to you, and its all free, so some people come out with many qualifications to get on with there life's, if you plan it in advance or are smart about it you can jump back on with no problem at all, and if you didn't, then there are still programs and loans for you to go do that when you leave, this guy makes the British Army sound like a 3rd world Army which doesn't give a s**t this is simply not true, he is deliberately lying & misleading people

So to you sir, I would love to know the FIRST 3 DIGITS of your Army ID number? this would tell me if you're full of s# or not which i suspect you are, because nothing you have said is true

When you leave the army, there is plenty of help, even if you decide after your initial 25 week phase 1 training its not for you, you can still leave and be considered a veteran and open to these programs, i think you can be considered so after just 6 weeks and you chose to DAOR, but the programs you're entitled to cuts off to a certain extent, but you can still get housing upon leaving after such a short amount of time as 6 weeks, and yes before everybody "priority", also if you are not driving at this point they will give you £900 - £1000 (free) to go on a crash course driving course which i believe is on barracks, or on Civvy, which ever you chose

Here are some of the programs available,

Jobs and resettlement
www.projss.co.uk...

You can chose to go back to collage, or take a trades course, most of your education you can re do for free withing the forces, for instance i resat my GCSE's and even if you chose to go sign on and find you own way, you jump the jobs ques to "priority"

Housing
www.mod.uk...

There are also programs for ex service men and women/vets to buy there own houses at 50% less value than civilians and also loans to help you buy, there is so so many things you can do, depending on your situation all "priority"

Army benevolent fund,
www.soldierscharity.org...

Loans & such, on top of what the army provide you with upon leaving,

Take me for instance, here is my story and what i done, i left under my 4yr minimum service because i was injured in a pre-deployment training exercise, in which i torn my ACL, i was sent immediately to the closes civilian hospital in which i was given an MRI Scan, something which on civvy street you wait 6 months for or longer, which cost them just under £2k, i then spent 6 months in a rehabilitation coy on barracks after my surgery, it didn't work out, my injury's meant i could no longer carry the weight of my full kit, a soldiers main mode of transport is our feet, especially infantry such as myself, the army requires you are 100% and at peak fitness, mentally & physically,

So after a long battle to get back in shape i was discharged, i sustained the same injury while getting back in shape pushing myself to hard, which i regret, i could have gone through it all again and re-traded into another less demanding role within the Army, Navy or Airforce, and options was put on the table for me, but it wasn't for me i was an infantry soldier and that's all i wanted to do within the forces, so i decided to leave, this was one of the most upsetting times of my life, i loved the army, war and the BS aside it was the best thing i ever did, and i made some good life long friends there,

I was briefed upon leaving, with all the programs and thought hard about what i wanted to do when i left and the help was more than enough to help me resettle i chose to go on a construction training course as i done that before i joined, and i also took a 12k loan from the Army benevolent fund to keep me going, which was more than enough, i also lied and said i had nowhere to go back to, bad i know but alot of the guys did this because it take's longer to find housing for you if you are single "not married etc" if you're married with a family its much quicker process and "priority placements", so i told them i could not go back to my parents because of problems and that i could go stay with a mate upon leaving (in which i went home to my family) and just a few months latter i was given a flat in my home town, and after that i finish my construction course, bought a new car with my loan, and had my own place, it got me on my feet and settle me back into my community just fine just as everybody else does,

Soldiering is a calling...

Why?? Because it is a profession as much as becoming a carpenter, lawyer or doctor...

So which is it? a calling or a profession?

Do you think that we become soldiers to "Get Paid"???

So much contradiction in this,

navigation (not sat nav) using a map and compass..

In training we learn 6 figure grid references yes, on tour erm no we do not

Same for the wounded.. Infact foreigners take priority..

FACEPALM!

There is plenty of help for wounded, i was wounded in the army and i was extremely happy with the help and treatment, in fact when you are badly wounded on tours etc, you receive "obviously" more help than anyone, i don't know too much about the program in place for the badly wounded such as loss of limbs etc, but i know people who have, to say they are left to rot with no help is disgusting, and the last bit is a total dream, as i know first hand we get priority over everybody... period!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight

In the original thread, the OP says that "we are not worth fighting for".

Since when was the US military ever fighting "for us"?

The US military is the enforcement division of corporate America and the bankers. Members of the military are fighting and dying for money in the form of natural resources.

As many others had said, please stop fighting. Please stop following these immoral, illegal orders.

What youre doing has nothing to do with country and everything to do with profits.

edit on 17-3-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Does anyone have experience of this?
www.warriorprogramme.org.uk...

I would like to add here. If you are a sociable type, joining or leaving the military is likely to be at least partially successful. If you're a lone wolf there isn't a chance in hell that any of that would work out for you. The lone wolves have to go it alone. We still find ways to put our lives on the line for the benefit of all. We get nothing except the occasional show of gratitude from those who recognise what we're doing.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

In the original thread, the OP says that "we are not worth fighting for".

Since when was the US military ever fighting "for us"?

The US military is the enforcement division of corporate America and the bankers. Members of the military are fighting and dying for money in the form of natural resources.

As many others had said, please stop fighting. Please stop following these immoral, illegal orders. What youre doing has nothing to do with country and everything to do with profits.

I cannot possibly comment on the US Army, other than they are less trained better equipped

And neither do i want to turn this thread into a conspiracy thread, i just want to set the record strait, that what the OP has said is false,

Which supposed to look after housing et al after service.. We get none of that.. And am just left for dead by our own country.. Same for the wounded.. Infact foreigners take priority..

This is false, lies, utter BS what ever you want to call it, this man or women is deliberately fabricating a post to push his own outside opinion, and if he/she did serve in the British Army it was probably well over 20yrs ago,

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
hi op

i done 1 week litchfield army barracks work experience lol
out of interest im wearing an army surplus shirt (tropical combat)

on the left arm is a patch with a dagger emblem
and on the label is a name and number
can u tell me more
heres the number

pvt Mcmurray
p047522t

cheers

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kester

Does anyone have experience of this?
www.warriorprogramme.org.uk...

I would like to add here. If you are a sociable type, joining or leaving the military is likely to be at least partially successful. If you're a lone wolf there isn't a chance in hell that any of that would work out for you. The lone wolves have to go it alone. We still find ways to put our lives on the line for the benefit of all. We get nothing except the occasional show of gratitude from those who recognise what we're doing.

This is just one of the many programs you can do or that is out there to help you settle back into Civvy Street!, there is so much even i couldn't get through it all, or didn't require it, this i why i had to laugh out loud when i read the original OP, he is clearly lying through his teeth for what ever reason, or as i said probably served over 20yrs ago or more, we take priority everything upon leaving, obviously there is a cut of point for that, if you have been out of the army long enough you are considered a civilian and wont be,

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
delete

edit on 17-3-2012 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

In the original thread, the OP says that "we are not worth fighting for". Since when was the US military ever fighting "for us"?

You are correct. They are not fighting for you...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I refrained from commenting in that thread however I did on some points understand his mentality
You say he must have been in years ago
I'm thinking you've only been in 5 mins
Don't get me wrong a fantastic insightfull thread
But he needs some help
Ripping the guy isnt help

As for me

Also got a P05
And T84
I'll go down the middle and say your both wrong but also right
He just presented his argument .......let's say poorly
But things are getting better and have been in the last 5 years for the Brits

Edit - re reading your post you do indeed state 4 years service ( ok 10 mins ) you also dont include your trade ( this does make a difference tho a assume infantry at this point )
But lastly you mention your injury on PDT ( is that what you call it ?) so I feel I must ask did you ever deploy ?

Thank you for your service
And sorry about your injuries
This is not an attack on you but if your gonna call someone out on this , you need credibility in my eyes

edit on 17-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hi op

i done 1 week litchfield army barracks work experience lol
out of interest im wearing an army surplus shirt (tropical combat)

on the left arm is a patch with a dagger emblem
and on the label is a name and number
can u tell me more
heres the number

pvt Mcmurray
p047522t

cheers

Hello Dave

Do you mean Lichfield? or ATR Lichfield

I have no idea as the rank and number is not one i'm familiar with, But the badge you are describing sounds very much like the ITC catterick garrison training badge,

See all regiments and corps are different, for instance the name rank and number you provided is (pvt) which is (private) in my old regiment that would of been (pte) and in some other infantry regiments its just (fus) fusilier which is also a private in the fusiliers another Army infantry regiment, it changes throughout the entire system accordingly depending on who you're with, and we tend not to know every single cap badge within the Army as there are just to many to memorize and its not required that we learn any others, other than our own regiments, you only really learn them through closely working with them over the years, the ID number you provided does not make any sense to me as that generally remains the same throughout the structure no matter what, and does not contain letters either, and is slightly longer than that to

So i don't know what that badge you're describing is or what corps/regt he belongs to,

If i had to guess it would be just a training division badge,

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

hi op thx for replying
yes there is so many badges
il try to take a pic of it and upload
the dagger is stitching on the patch
and is black and green
cheers
dave

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hmmm, I wonder if he will comment on this thread at all. Funny how a well thought out thread like this, with links and everything gets overlooked, while a drunken rant goes on for pages

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Sheesh !
It's a commando dagger
To be specific a tac commando dagger hence black dagger on green background not the typical red on black they use
The service number helps corroborate this
Probably one of your royal marine commandos or associated personel

Hope that answers you mate

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I think he got booted mate
He commented a few times on a thread of mine, and nothing against the bloke but I could see a lot of anger in him - when he started his own thread I popped in to have a read and could see straight away that he was ......going to have a bad one
So decided not to get involved as it was only going to turn into an unproductive argument
My wife did keep tabs on the thread and informed me he was banned
I hope he finds himself and the help he needs

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
reply to post by davesmart

Sheesh !
It's a commando dagger
To be specific a tac commando dagger hence black dagger on green background not the typical red on black they use
The service number helps corroborate this
Probably one of your royal marine commandos or associated personel

Hope that answers you mate

Hmm i thought that but it does say Royal Marine Commando above the knife so... pfff no idea really, and of course the infamous SAS has the dagger but that is also unmistakable, with that ID tho id have to say its not an Army ID,

could be the sleeve badge of the Royal Navy Commado

www.crestinsignia.co.uk...

edit on 17-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Nope, he is still active I am pretty sure. When someone gets booted, you see a ~ where you should be able to star their posts. 90% sure at least lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

There are many commando badges
The one you link to
The same but on a square patch ( some I have seen with royal marine on ) but most not
The royal marine badge is generally a separate badge sewn at the top of the sleeve/shoulder
it may well be a RN commando as I'm not as familiar with their dress regs
But I believe the ser no to be marine ( but must admit I'm not too familiar with the navys numbering prefix and suffix with regards to navy pers)

If memory serves me didn't you change the numbering system recently
Moving away from having letters in it to what I've heard referred to 'phone numbers' ?
This maybe where you had a little confusion

I do however feel I should apologise
I may have come a bit .......strong before, reading my previous posts
I won't say it was unwarranted, but i could have gone about it differently
You sound like someone who does their homework, so no doubt youve atleast looked into me
If ever you want to discus something feel free to u2u me

edit on 17-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Ah ok.........
Having a needed break then I hope
Woooosaaaaaa
But I do feel the need to u2u him to make him aware that there is support availible to him
OP may I ask that you u2u him with those links and any others that may be of help to him
It wasn't just a man he was married ( possibly with kids )
They may all need some form of support
Please try to be supportive and assist one of your brothers, countrymen and possibly his family in what could be very trying times for all
Perhaps some good can be done

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I hope so too. I know my uncles, they were NAM vets, they really didn't have no help when they got back. They turned to the Angels, the closest they could get to integrating back into society.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I hope so too. I know my uncles, they were NAM vets, they really didn't have no help when they got back. They turned to the Angels, the closest they could get to integrating back into society.

The NAM vets filling the gap are the only reason the dark forces have not directly overrun the stronghold as of yet.

Semper Fi!

new topics

top topics

join