It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past Lives and a Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hey all,

Well, a spider knows how to build a web, it doesn't learn to do it. Why is this? Those instructions/memories are built into the spider's genetics.

You can guess where I'm going with this can't you? Yep, I believe it's the same with humans. In fact, it might be possible that every memory from every bloodline in all past direct relatives are buried deeply within our genetics. Imagine if you could access those memories?

This is what I believe hypnotic regression brings out, past memeories of our past relatives. Well, when I say ''believe'' I mean it's just a thought I toyed with. Also, have people heard about people getting heart transplants and suddenly taking on other personality traits? A link maybe?

So, is it plausible?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

Hi i have some thoughts along the same line as you, i am also a very firm believer in genetic memeroy, though i have no solid evidence to provide.

I can say one thing though, i used to work with a guy, he was an older guy in his 50's and he was agreat person to be with, funny, charismatic, motivating, the works, then he had a heart transplant.
Not soon after he returned to work(about a year later) i noticed he wasnot the same guy, his humor had changed and there was wasnt any motivation in him at all, at first i attributed this to the heavy medications he had been on since his surgery but when comnfronted about it, (by another co-worker) he free admitted that he wasnt himself, that he had different craving for food and strange thoughts related to other things, he insisted that it was part of this guys being from the heart he had received...

sry i cant offer up anything more substantial as evidence ...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have heard of the heart transplant case as well. Similar things happen with other organ transplants (new cravings for foods the person never liked before etc).

It is in my belief that all the "junk-DNA" we have in ourselves is really just DNA from past lives/memories.

Remember billions of cells make up your entire body, but EVERY cell has the DNA to recreate your whole body!
So why wouldn't the "junk-DNA" also be able to hold memory patterns from previous generations?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

Interesting thoughts. The idea has also been approached from another angle. The concept of cellular memory, whereby our consciouness, complete with information and memories from previous lives, is present in all cells.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
AH HA!!

i knew i had read about these ideas somewhere credible, i beleive it was in school many years ago but i had forgotten, im only gonna give one link that touches on the subject by a renouned phychologist the rest i expect if you are interested you will read up on yourselves,

Carl G. Jung

Soo to the OP, i beleive this is an answer to your question : "is it plausable?" i would say this definitely leans in that direction, happy reading

edit on 17-3-2012 by owtFsink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by owtFsink

Wow, I could swear I've never heard of this theory before, it was spiders that made me think about it. I've quoted the below snippet from that link, thanks.

''''The collective unconsciousness, is a concept of Jungian Psychology, in which there is the overall cellular memory of past ancestors, that is located inside of the body. The archetypes of each person is the projected ideas of the world around, and it is the way people perceive the world around, in a way that is either positive or negative''''

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I have contemplated this a lot lately, but on a slightly different level.

I have wondered if physical traits are a result of past lives.

When I was young one of my nicknames was 'muscles' because of the muscles in my calves. There was no reason for this as a teen but when I became much older I became a dancer where you dance on the balls of you feet staining your calf muscles.

I am a smoker where I pull in to smoke. My bottom lip has always pulled in.

My sister is a dental assistant and when I met her for the first time in 30 years she insisted I grind my teeth because my teeth were flat on top. I insisted I didn't grind my teeth and I didn't. Late in life after a tramatic experience, I began to grind my teeth and have now for many years.

Many ancient teaching say you live the same life over and over and over till you figure it out.

Could this be spiritual genetic? Or do you just go with the same family till you get it. At the same time, these are not traits in my family.

Maybe others, if you think about it, could relate similar traits.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Great post .
This is a theory I have held for many years and it sure would answer many questions about such subjects as Past Lives .
Sadly , it is a theory I could never hope to prove .

Going with your transplant patient part of the theory , I wonder if people that have been given large blood transfusions have also exhibited any character changes ?

S+F

EDIT
My apologies . The above question is directed to the OP

edit on 17-3-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Since I was an infant , I have been painting and drawing to a standard that has baffled my family , since nobody can recall any past relatives with such a talent , I was labelled " gifted " .

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Read about these findings. I don't know about this website but I remember reading about the birds and the milk- this is what came up when I searched for it:

www.co-intelligence.org...

In the 1920s in Southampton, England, a bird called the blue tit discovered it could tear the tops of milk bottles on doorsteps and drink the cream. Soon this skill showed up in blue tits over a hundred miles away, which is odd in that they seldom fly further than 15 miles. Amateur bird-watchers caught on and traced the expansion of the habit. It spread faster and faster until by 1947 it was universal throughout Britain. In a parallel development, the habit had spread to blue tits in Holland, Sweden and Denmark. German occupation cut off milk deliveries in Holland for eight years -- five years longer than the life of a blue tit. Then, in 1948 the milk started to be delivered. Within months blue tits all over Holland were drinking cream, a habit that had taken decades to take hold before the war.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

THAT, was a great article to read

bookmarked the page im definitely gonna be reading more

Sheldrake has ventured some guesses as to the relationship between morphogenetic fields and our individual memory and intelligence. He suggests that our brains may not contain memories and knowledge, per se, but may be devices for tuning in to relevant sections of the morphogenetic field for human memory, much as a radio tunes into radio waves. Our own personal memories would naturally be more accessible than those of other people or cultures (since, in morphogenetic resonance, like resonates with like), but theoretically the memories of every human (and other entities?) would be available to anyone capable of tuning in.

also looking for more on this individuals work, you dont happen to have his first name by any chance?

@ Orbital, gald you liked the link, i know there is more in depth on it but i cant seem to pinpoint it, yet...
im curious now if it was OUR memory that led me to it again after all these years

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Memories are formed as neurone connections in the brain, entirely unrelated to DNA. Instincts (for example, building a web) though, I'm not sure about, though it must have some relation to DNA.

Memories couldn't be 'transferred' to DNA, though - chromosomes change as a result of mutation, they aren't manually, or deliberately, changed.

As for the case with organ transplants, that seems fairly plausible. Some personality traits are genetic, and a new organ would have different genetic material. If the organ isn't rejected by the body, I guess that genetic material has integrated with the new body.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0rbital
Hey all,

Well, a spider knows how to build a web, it doesn't learn to do it. Why is this? Those instructions/memories are built into the spider's genetics.

You can guess where I'm going with this can't you? Yep, I believe it's the same with humans. In fact, it might be possible that every memory from every bloodline in all past direct relatives are buried deeply within our genetics. Imagine if you could access those memories?

This is what I believe hypnotic regression brings out, past memeories of our past relatives. Well, when I say ''believe'' I mean it's just a thought I toyed with. Also, have people heard about people getting heart transplants and suddenly taking on other personality traits? A link maybe?

So, is it plausible?

well.. according to assassin's creed the video game it is TOTALLY plausible !

using past memories to change the historical past.. interesting concept indeed~!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Techy
Memories are formed as neurone connections in the brain, entirely unrelated to DNA. Instincts (for example, building a web) though, I'm not sure about, though it must have some relation to DNA.

Memories couldn't be 'transferred' to DNA, though - chromosomes change as a result of mutation, they aren't manually, or deliberately, changed.

As for the case with organ transplants, that seems fairly plausible. Some personality traits are genetic, and a new organ would have different genetic material. If the organ isn't rejected by the body, I guess that genetic material has integrated with the new body.

While i have no doubt that there are theorehtical sciences supporting these ideas for memory formation and storage, which you have not provided any interesting reading on, it still does not address the idea of a collective subconsciousness, nor the experiments conducted by the several scientist as provided in Daughter2's link above.

What you have put forth may very well be how the physical brain creates storage and provides for a more "conscious" access to personal memory but there are many cases in which it is not hard to see there is more going on and on higher level than memory recall within a singular life time.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince

Going with your transplant patient part of the theory , I wonder if people that have been given large blood transfusions have also exhibited any character changes ?

There's a type of white blood cell called a lymphocyte which can become a memory cell, what it remembers is how to make anti-bodies, which at least shows blood is capable of memory.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is true if through some sorts of past life regression therapeutic technique you begin to know how to speak French or Hebrew (because you were a Jew once or a Frenchman). It appears that, based on my own experiences, you only be able to assimilate thoughts and feelings and perhaps memories. Certainly, you don't acquire some new skills from your past life.

top topics

join