It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soylent Pink

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted before, or if this is the correct forum to post it in, and hoping to raise some eyebrows. I loathe the mainstream news, so I do my own research and have to come to notice some strange things that have occured. Hope you have the stomach for this.

In this news article they report on a new controversial method of diposing human remains thru "liquefaction". Hope my link works to here: blog.seattlepi.com...

I also read somewhere that they sped up the process by putting the remains under pressure to speed up the process and store it in a "pressure cooker" type devices. I imagine this could make some senior citizens a bit nervous if one of these Mortuaries opens up next to their housing communities.

Nearly around the same time, it was reported that people were complaining of "pink slime" in their fast food and school lunch meats. One link I found here: www.cbsnews.com...

In a movie called "Soylent Green" that came out in 1973, the earth was overpopulated and a cataclysmic shortage of food. So they end up processing humans to be consumed in a wafer form for the living populace.
Link to the wiki: en.wikipedia.org...

If you digested those facts, then you can see why I gave notice to them and wanted to share my thoughts on it. I could go a bit further with this, as in guessing that the bioengineering of our main food supply to fatten us up for consumption by other humans. Cannibalism at its finest, with what I would like to call "Isolated Protein Product", the modern day "Soylent Green". I'll leave this topic at that and go get me a Veal sandwich, bon appetite! Xenongod

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
There is no evidence that this is true, quite the contrary. The whistle blower that leaked the pink slime topic said that it was meat, just low grade that used to be used in dog food.

Liquefacation isn't even popular at all and I'm not sure anyone but a few people even know about it. Also, from your link;

So far Florida has legalized the process, though no funeral home in that state is offering liquefaction. And one funeral director in Ohio was recently banned from using his hydrolysis machine since it’s not permitted under state law.

The decomposition process occurs with water and potassium hydroxide, which is then heated for at least three hours. Tissue and organs are dissolved into the liquid, while the bone is left behind as an ashy mixture similar to a cremation. The leftover water is treated and then flushed down a drain.

So it isn't even legal in most states.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It's also ironic that you are complaining about the morals of cannibalism when you have no problem eating veal.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
It's also ironic that you are complaining about the morals of cannibalism when you have no problem eating veal.

this must be one of the most funny and clever replies I read all week. Luv it!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

lol thanks

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I believe it would be a bit expensive to replace crematoriums with a corpse-cooker system, as far as the connection with the pink slime, nice try.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It was meant to be sarcastic because of the controversy of how young cows are treated to become veal, so yeah, glad you liked it. Xenongod

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

There is no evidence that this is true, quite the contrary. The whistle blower that leaked the pink slime topic said that it was meat, just low grade that used to be used in dog food.

Take it how you want to, but "low grade that used to be used in dog food" doesn't mean anything specific.

Liquefacation isn't even popular at all and I'm not sure anyone but a few people even know about it. Also, from your link;

So far Florida has legalized the process, though no funeral home in that state is offering liquefaction. And one funeral director in Ohio was recently banned from using his hydrolysis machine since it’s not permitted under state law.

It's not popular because it's a new process still going thru the process of permissions in a couple states. One reason why I posted this is because I wanted others to know about it.

The decomposition process occurs with water and potassium hydroxide, which is then heated for at least three hours. Tissue and organs are dissolved into the liquid, while the bone is left behind as an ashy mixture similar to a cremation. The leftover water is treated and then flushed down a drain.

So it isn't even legal in most states.

Not yet, because it's a new process. Thanks for trying to flush my topic down the drain. Xenongod

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xenongod

Well the topic had no basis in reality or even the "what if" realm of reality

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I'm bumping this because all of the new topics have been around issues with bad food, dog food, and dog treats. I picked up on two news items that came about around the same time, and wanted to reitterate the possibilites of it coming to cannibalism. Read the ingredients: very general descriptions. Maybe I should change the title to get more of "WOW" factor? Lots of other topics on the fear of not knowing what we are really eating or feeding our pets. Mine isn't so far fetched. Just think, sheeple are cattle. Xenongod

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xenongod

I am hugely in favour of composting deceased humans, it makes sense, waste not want not. Interring is nolonger really an option given the shortage of suitable plots, and the cost of plots in some areas is phenomenal. Plus, I like the idea of my remains being put to good use.

Another option is using a crematoria whose furnace reprocesses the energy from the cremations. In the UK there is one that uses the energy created to heat a local swimming pool. Excellent idea in my opinion. And why not, once we're dead, does it really matter what happens to us?

new topics

top topics

join