It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know the truth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

n more mic, all he is meaning to lean on is lies

imperfections are proven never to evolutions only what is perfect inherently evolve bc true

how can someone in such obvious time objectivity, keep claiming that what is wrong is what mean to become better, with all such obvious insolent happy life end rejecting the least concept of crime by doing it all while creators of inventing always more clear, how can someone keep speaking about imperfections value, a liar definitely of evil life and to

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaMuslim

That is why an understanding that we do not know the whole truth is so important.

I certainly don't claim that science can explain everything, and neither does science. Look up the uncertainty principle.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Maybe if you learned to let go of your need for absolutes, and stopped working on snide comments, you might be able to start to comprehend what I am saying.

When you realize that you do not understand this world, that you do not understand God, then you will start to develop a true perspective of the world, and God.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

If you know that you exist, then by the same logic, everything you perceive must exist.

At least until you have reason to believe differently.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

When you start to philosophize about such obscure meaning such as truth, it starts to get very abstract etc. But I believe truth in a communicative manner are only words, and words are merely subjective to many.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Warpthal

The idea I am trying to put forth is that truth is very subjective. We all see truth from our own perspective, and what most of us agree upon is what I would call common sense.

Respect of others opinions of the truth would require and understanding that no on knows the truth. Each can only offer their perspective.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
In my own experience with psychedelics during hours of contemplation I have always just came to one conclusion, which the beatles said best...just LET IT BE

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Three pages of replies, not one star or flag?? Really? I think the OP hit it right on the head....S&F
Once you broaden your perspective, the puzzle pieces emerge to a point where one can see truths, even without all the pieces...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The problem in determining if anyone knows the "truth" is that for some people, "truth" has more than one meaning. In the world of religion and sophistry "truth" is the half truth of parable and allegory.

From Plato's Theaetetus:

"In the name of the Graces, what an almighty wise man Protagoras must have been! He spoke these things in a parable to the common herd, like you and me, but told the truth, his Truth, in secret to his own disciples."

Mark 4:10-12:

10 When he (Jesus) was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables.
11 He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables
12 so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"

From Letter of Clement of Alexandria on Secret Mark translated by Morton Smith:

"For not all true things are the truth, nor should that truth which merely seems true according to human opinions be preferred to the true truth, that according to the faith."

From The Kybalion by the Three Initiates:

“...all truths are but half-truths...”

"Truth" for the Sophists (who wear many "cloaks") is often a literal lie which hides beneath it something that is truly true. At other times, the "truth" can be a literal truth but it is presented in the in an altered context so that it is not correctly perceived by the uninitiated. Plato himself wore the cloak known as "Socrates" but revealed himself as the "Stranger" in his Sophist. Of course, no one that views Philosophy as a sincere effort to find truth will be able to accept the connection between Philosophy and Sophistry, but even a reader that relies only on literal meanings will find numerous clues that support this link.

Here is some more "truth" to ponder:

From Plato's Sophist:

STRANGER: By heaven, they are cousins! it never occurred to us.
THEAETETUS: Who are cousins?
STRANGER: The angler and the Sophist.

Mark 1:17 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

The Sophists have been playing this game with us for thousands of years and most of us are so conditioned to believe their half truths that the true truth of their conspiracy seems impossible to even consider. It is far easier for us to believe in ghosts, aliens from other planets, or that a man can be the son of God than to believe that such ideas are manufactured by men to hide other things.

But it is much easier (and more fun) to believe in Santa Clause, isn't it? Researching allegory to find it's real meaning is too difficult. Numerous works have been published speculating on the real nature of groups such as the Freemasons, but efforts to decipher their allegory have been very limited. (The authors of The Hiram Key made what some would consider an effort to decipher Freemason allegory, but rather than find hidden meaning to metaphors, they relied mainly on literal meanings to identify a parallel story which, at the most, served only as a cover. Anyone that wishes to understand the true nature of the Freemasons, should first examine the "walls" built by others, such as the Jewish historian Josephus.) I have seen a few atheist authors willing to entertain the the possibility that the Bible is allegory, but I have not seen any of them take this idea and run with it. The Bible has been picked apart and examined in nearly every conceivable way, but for some reason there is no secular investigation of it as allegory. Perhaps it is because when we hear the phrase "allegoric interpretation" (a.k.a. AI) many of us immediately think of the seemingly ridiculous interpretations provided by religious writers such as Philo and assume that allegory can be interpreted to mean whatever a person wants it to mean. The creation of this perception was intentional and it was designed to keep the uninitiated from focusing on this approach. (Each real world idea has multiple metaphors associated with it, so many "interpretations" are possible by identifying metaphors with other metaphors.)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

"You don't see with your eye, you perceive with your mind." -Gorillaz

The objects and people in your dreams don't exist, yet they seem real. The world that I perceive when I'm awake could be another dream could it not?

I like the definition of Truth being where Knowledge and Belief overlap. So I believe that the waking world isn't just an elaborate holodeck program solely for my entertainment, but I don't KNOW that. The only thing I can KNOW is that I Am. I exist.

I cannot know whether you are real with 100% certainty though. Only you can know that. And if you really think about it that is the only thing anyone can know as truth, if truth is where knowledge and belief overlap.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Is the only thing that "knowing the truth" entails, an accurate representation in ones mind ( in our case we pool information together and store it in coded language of books and internet,,, human collective mind) of everything that exists(what it is), how it is, why it is, what it has done, what it will do,..... Truth is mimicking, or mapping, in ones mind the correct correlation of what is outside of ones mind....... there could be so much......there is so much to the universe that we do not know,,,, and it is greatly weird the possibilities of what can be known and what can be done,,,, that we can be, and seek the things we seek, to spend our time on our creations and experiences, passions, and progressions.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This moment is the truth, it is the only fact. Everything else is illusonary, an image appearing in your mind, even your mind is an illusion. Have you ever seen a 'mind'?
The only thing you will ever see is 'this moment'.
'This moment' might be full of thoughts, full of color and sound but it can not appear without being seen.

The seer and the seen are one. What is seen is scenery and what sees is the seer, it looks like it is two things but there are never two things.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
God is alone and without purpose.

God is bored so God plays games with himself.

God is a child.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
To know the truth you must be very close to the source of the truth.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

To know the truth one must realize that one is the truth.
Knowing god is being god.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Poet1b,

There is indeed verse hidden in the prose: we need only look beyond the words to discover the underlying truth which is eternal and truly, truly magnificent!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The Truth? Life on earth is a grand illusion, a bad dream, that we all must wake up from -or- perish. Of course, there is only one truth: That my truth and your truth can vary greatly. That said, what I think matters most is the intention of being truthful. That is to say, one must be determined to confine his own thoughts, desures, words, and actions to those things which he finds to be true. Not to say that everything we know will be true but that we make a conscience effort to always be truthful to the best of our knowledge. Never lie. I will always strive to tell the truth.

Try this mental excercise (frequently) to Invoke the Power of Truth:

Step 1: Understand that you have complete control over yourself and your emotions. You are a sophisticated computer program with the ability to repogram on the spot, based on your will power. That which you can conceive and believe, you can achieve.

Step 2: Know that the purpose of truth is to ultimately be as spiritually pure as possible. For the religious among you, repent of your sins. Declare war against them. I can overcome any emoton.

Each time you give in to lust, greed, gluttony, etc, it gains power over you. Each time you overcome you gain power over them. Do not believe the lie that we are all human and have "needs" such as sex or eating. Most people eat way to much and have sex for no purpose whatsoever other than for the pleasure of it.

Start to live life based on purpose instead of pleasure. This shift will greatly improve your life whether you fully understand it yet or not.

Step 3: Imagine yourself in a perfect state of peace with the power of truth flowing through you. Feel the positive intentions within you, imagine your body & soul glowing with the spirit of truth. Imagine light eminating from your core. Now imagine yourself as living truth incarnate, your purpose it to be completely honest no matter what the cost.

Step 4: Now repeat to yourself as you imagine this, in a loud, confident voice: "My mind is centered in Infinite Intelligence that knows my good; I am one with the creative power that is materializing all of my pure desires. I am one with the spirit of truth."

Don't be shy -- Repeat this frequently and truly mean it. Repeat it daily for months if that what it takes. Feel the power as it flows through you. The more often you repeat this you will begin to feel a transormation within you. Your dreams will change and you can and will obtain spirtual guidance from other-worldy beings (Saints/Angels/ Beings from the Astral realms).

Don't knock it, until you try it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join