It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know the truth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Our line of sight to the realities of this world, what we determine to be true, depends on more factors than we can ever account for.

Everything we do, we base upon our perception of the truth, even when we try to run or hide from the truth. Our knowledge is limited, leaving us to make decisions based on what we know, and what we think we don't know.

We gather our perspectives of the world, try to filter out the biases, apply logic and reason, and come up with some probabilities. The broader our perspective, the more time we have been given to identify the patterns, the better our chance of making reasonably accurate predictions. For all our lack of knowledge about this world, it is still very predictable.

There are three main ways we learn about our world, through experience, were we are able to test our observations, through observation where we are able to witness the events taking place, and through what others tell us. Most of the information we get comes from others. It then follows that our ability to determine good sources from bad is completely critical to our ability to sight the truth.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Truth is the matter of fact that gets one`s daily doses of believable crap....so I must digest

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Why don't you try to find the truth? Explore religions.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The truth?

This is the truth. The truth of the matter is this.

Right.

Here.

If you sat, and concentrated on your breath, gently allowing your mind to quiet itself of thoughts... you would realize that even though you aren't thinking anything, or understanding anything... THERE YOU ARE! The entirety of the universe is threaded through your own life, which exists

here.

No thought can contain it, but yet we ARE it every moment without fail.

Truth is: When you were born, you weren't just another person born into a world of many people. No, when you were born your entire WORLD was born along with you. When you die, YOUR world will die too!

The truth is emptiness... form.
Form... emptiness.

there is no aspect greater than this... there is no "truth" which supersedes this one true fact.

But you can't even think about it... all you can do is exist.

So, if you want to "know" the truth... stop caring about what it is, because its right here, DUH

(You just try it sometime.)
edit on 17-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

That`s what I meant to say but was ambiguously ripped and torn from the truth-ology

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

happens all the time

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The truth, I can tell you of one truth, the only thing that anyone knows beyond the shadow of a doubt.
All other things are possibilities and probabilities.
I know nothing!
That is the best truth I can give.
The second best truth, what I have been told and I believe as well, I must breath or I will die.
I can never seem to hold my breath long enough to find out though.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Quite an interesting video on what you have discussed here. In the video the presenter outlines the Baloney detection kit.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaMuslim

If you want to find the truth we must use science. Religions tell us stories of the scientifically impossible.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

everyone know the truth, as it is also seen from others comments here, any self awareness know its existence fact

the issue is exclusively within the freedom sense out of knowing what exist, that never mean to respect what it knows existing

everyone seem meaning truth relatively, as relative to its own existence interests, that is why everyone accept that gods hit them badly, knowing themselves how they wont respect freely anything unless they are forced to respect it

that is why everyone seem to sell truths in convincing about its personnal benefits, this is nonsense

truth as existence facts concern everything and everyone rights and even truth values as absolute right to be free and respected
personnal benefits are to individuals positive gains while individuals are all what is for them so they can b positive easily if they just move freely a bit for, they dont need truth for that

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I would say the way we know truth is by 5 things, the senses.

6 if we are lucky enough to comprehend the 6th sense. By 6th sense I don't mean seeing dead people, I do not mean psychic powers, I mean the ability to discern spirit in a variety of ways, not 'seeing', but feeling more specifically, but some may feel in different ways.

With the 6th sense I am able to see the truth more clearly, but I am not alone, everyone is born with this 6th sense, some choose to ignore it, some don't know it's there and disregard it, some take it to the gym and work it like a muscle until it can see much more.

Those that know they have a 6th sense and at least attempt to use it once and a while have a great advantage over those who do not know it exists.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by poet1b

The truth, I can tell you of one truth, the only thing that anyone knows beyond the shadow of a doubt.
All other things are possibilities and probabilities.
I know nothing!
That is the best truth I can give.
The second best truth, what I have been told and I believe as well, I must breath or I will die.
I can never seem to hold my breath long enough to find out though.

nothing is right

breedin is to avoid killers

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
You do not find the truth. Truth ...finds you. When "she" does you'll know, because that's the day you'll not need to believe anymore...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I would say the way we know truth is by 5 things, the senses.

6 if we are lucky enough to comprehend the 6th sense. By 6th sense I don't mean seeing dead people, I do not mean psychic powers, I mean the ability to discern spirit in a variety of ways, not 'seeing', but feeling more specifically, but some may feel in different ways.

With the 6th sense I am able to see the truth more clearly, but I am not alone, everyone is born with this 6th sense, some choose to ignore it, some don't know it's there and disregard it, some take it to the gym and work it like a muscle until it can see much more.

Those that know they have a 6th sense and at least attempt to use it once and a while have a great advantage over those who do not know it exists.

No, I'm afraid even the senses are not actually the truth. They are susceptible to falsification, and they require us to be within a range of the stimuli. Granted they are the Gates which connect us to the "outside" world, but that's only a portion of the whole truth. The WHOLE truth includes all things, all forms and all space.

In fact, by "emptiness" I mean the truth BEFORE it is perceived. From emptiness comes forms (impermanent) and then they return to it. Senses are good, and thinking is good, but in reality they are but tools for our existence, not the actual truth OF existence.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

By your logic you are attempting to make a mumbo jumbo statement that nothing is truth, this is false. We are not living in the matrix, sorry to burst your universe.

There is truth, many have sacrificed their lives because of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Ah, but you refer to "A" truth. Our friend wants to know THE truth!

Which, THE ultimate truth... IS exactly nothing, except of course what arises before us, but even that is constantly changing, atomically popping in and out of existence!

Reality is an icicle forming in a fire.

You see, once you try to define reality, you are creating a symbol for it! Its impossible to do anything with reality except to live in it! To do something... that is reality. Nothing is the truth, because no word can be spoken which adequately conveys the perfect vastness of everything NOW.

Do you understand?

(((Also, you use the word "logic". I am not speaking in terms of conventional logic. Secondly, you use the words "mumbo-jumbo," and friend, i will tell you, that what i have learned and shared here is nothing of the sort! Its the plainest and most profound teaching there is!))) And nothing you could ever say or do to me could "burst my universe." don't be so arrogant.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

there is no sacrifice in truth, which prove that u belong to fallacy

he didnt say that nothing is truth, on the contrary he said it well out clearly exhibiting the evidence of truth being positive superiority, so any superior point is by definition abstract while deluded immediately to positive existence in absolute terms

nothing is truth value base,
u have the inferior zero and the superior zero

the inferior zero is superior true free existence, so more absolutely real
the superior zero is superior true free life, so more absolutely free

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Basically, If someone should ask you:

"What is the ultimate truth?"

Remain silent, say nothing.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by ImaMuslim

If you want to find the truth we must use science. Religions tell us stories of the scientifically impossible.

Buddhism does not apply to that statement. It's been said that "if science should find something which proves wrong a Buddhist belief, then Buddhism must change." -14th Dalai Lama

And personally, I practice Zen Buddhism, which drops off the "mystical sounding" legends of the Tibetan/Indian lineages.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'm not looking for the truth, I'm just pointing out that the truth about the realities of this world is bigger than any of us are capable of comprehending.

All we know is our perspective of the truth, what we have learned from our lives, applied to what we are witnessing.

Once we recognize this, than it becomes much easier to understand why versions of the truth presented by other people is different than our own. Everyone has their own unique perspective of the truth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join