It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utopia or Destruction? Where Are We Headed?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Ok... where are we headed?...

A utopian paradise where humans live in peace with each other, with huge advancements in both spirituality and technology?...

Absolute annihilation where the Earth is completely destroyed from an asteroid or nuclear wars?...

Near extinction of the human race that slowly builds up a new civilization?...

Will things stay pretty much the same as they are now for the next thousands of years?...

Interaction with an alien species?...

Or... something else entirely different?...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Who knows really. If anything I don't think we will destroy ourselves unless some crazy person gets a hold of a huge bomb. I think it is just going to be pretty much the same way as it is now. Except we might be just a little bit technologically advanced. I also think we are way far from a utopia.
edit on 3/17/2012 by CommandoRenegade because: wanted to add some things...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Something else entirely different that would not be expected...would be welcome

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

We are heading towards both. Let's hope we get to one before the other.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Somewhere in between just as we are now.
The Pendulum swings both ways.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Both as the poster above noted. Civilization has always gone in a cycle we will peak and drop then peak again

Lets just hope the major drop occurs when we arent alive

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
My feeling is both, as people want both and always have.
We've been given exactly what we want for a long time, as all great parents like to do.
There is just as many people who want destruction as there are people who want peace.

The specific targeting of positive influence to tip that balance, has caused quite a stir, I believe someone went too far (not sure there) but there's a panic going on somewhere to rectify this I think and the desperation may escalate, I hope not for we are brothers and sisters all.

Let's just forgive them, give them a hug and say "Hey! I've stuffed up too, let's try not to from now on okay, together"

I got to see our beautiful big blue planet from a distance and there were blue/green waves (like when you drop a pebble in a pond) with our planet being the pebble (seemingly bobbing without moving) the equally spaced waves came from the circumference of the equator, and when one reached where I was, it was like.................WOW!
In fact I heard myself say that out loud.

It's a bloody big place you know, can't wait till the kids grow and I can see some more of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Destructopia!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Headed?

Nowhere... We are only here. We will always be right here, right now.

Don't fool yourself.

Whatever happens, that is our life, and that is alright.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The opposite of Utopia is Dystopia. I think we have given up on Utopia instead we will have opted for a Dystopia.

A dystopia is the idea of a society in a repressive and controlled state, often under the guise of being utopian. Examples of dystopias are characterized in books such as Brave New World and Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Dystopian societies feature different kinds of repressive social control systems, various forms of active and passive coercion. Ideas and works about dystopian societies often explore the concept of humans abusing technology and humans individually and collectively coping, or not being able to properly cope with technology that has progressed far more rapidly than humanity's spiritual evolution. Dystopian societies are often imagined as police states, with unlimited power over the citizens.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
At this point there is no way to have Utopia without throwing off the shackles of hate. With the religion of peace always at war with infidels we have a virus of hate on our hands. Therefore, I think we will have to become like a phoenix and arise from the ashes of destruction for the haters on all sides have control of a lot of military and equipment and they seem hellbent on using it too. We may need divine intervention as I beleive in God. Just not in the way of the Rick Santoriums of the world, as an example, with no love for the sinner in there anywhere. We need to love all unconditionally to begin to turn this thing around. We can still work towards stopping bad men doing bad things but we can't practice genocide to make room for 'just us'. Whomever that is at the time. The Spaniards tried that in America, the Romans and others in our history have tried that many times. It is horrible to imagine yet it goes on even today in Afric and other parts of the world.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
One thing to remember is the pendulum is always at its extreme farthest point just before it swings the other way. Having said that who knows for sure with all the stupid people we are surrounded with...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
Headed?

Nowhere... We are only here. We will always be right here, right now.

Don't fool yourself.

Whatever happens, that is our life, and that is alright.

Brilliantly said.

If you want a Utopian future then make changes in your life that you believe will lead to Utopia, regardless of their difficulty or cost. Dystopia? Sadly much easier just sit back and do nothing. It's already here in my opinion

new topics

top topics

join