It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a one world government, whether you like it or not.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
We don't NEED a world government, what we do NEED though, is localization and local living. Where everything you need to live, thrive, and survive is provided in your local area, not shipped in mass quantities all over the globe..this is where the fall of humanity began.
(obviously not at first but they knew it couldn't last forever)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

heh... this is terrible and i did not take the time to read the whole thread (I apologize) BUT, falsify the 10 mile diameter alien craft over a city and go into one world government anyway.... i mean i do not necessarily agree with the one world government idea, but look at what some people think of 9/11 (I am a skeptic).... if that and the ensuing events over the past 11 years could be pulled off, why not an alien "visit"? It would be just a matter of logistics (cue UPS commercial) bam.... instant world unifying event.... just a passing thought have a good evening/day...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Am totally with you, I think we need a one world government, but only if it's equal votes by every country, no matter how big or small it is. Only then do we have a truly equal government, and of course every leader has to be voted in by the full, uncorrupted vote of the population of each and every country.

No small feat, but it can be done over time. Looking at our present situation we should at least be moving towards that scenario, and if we are doing it should help us retain some sense of hope.

Looking at it in a bad way makes us think of all the NWO conspiracy theories, etc, but if we all have an equal vote and we as a species make sure that the system is not corrupted, it can be what all of us have been truly aiming for. An equal chance to make our reality what we truly want it to be, and with total respect of the human rights of any minority groups as long as they aren't harming others.

Kind of like, ok some of you people didn't want this but at least your rights are equal and we just have to see where it goes, etc. The future is never going to be set in stone but we should take that risk together and finally see what our abilites are to be a decent species.
edit on 23-3-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I agree with you in the fact that every one on the planet needs to come together and start working together for the betterment of humanity; however, a one world government that is based on any current system will only serve to make things worse in my opinion. It will simply centralize power to the point that it will seem much like a dictatorship. I firmly believe that until we come up with a better, or do away with the, monetary system any new system of government will simply continue down the same self destructive path that we are currently on. As it stands, corporations largely run the world with their central motivation being the acquisition of wealth. There are technologies that currently exist that would make the world a much better, cleaner, more efficient place, but they are not being rolled out to the masses because they would make currently profitable solutions obsolete. With this mentality in place, to interject a central government would only put a strangle hold on power and enable the few to control the many much easier.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Sorry, just to add (continued from last post.) : no matter who we vote in, every single change to what we have as "law" should be passed through every one of us around the world before it's decided. Some people think that's daft, but erm, no. Not at all. If we use our technology properly we can do that easily in about 48 hours. It's not just who leads a one-world government, but also our equal vote on every choice that's made apart from emergency response, with the added clause that if it clearly leads to more people suffering, there's a clause that diffuses all votes and does what's for the best of the all.

So yeah, one world government? No probs, but we all have a say and there's no way around it. What the people in power don't get, but what we should adjust to and progress towards as a species, is that you can bet that progressing properly will make all of us happier in the long run. Look at what we've done in the last thousand years. Don't you want to see what we could do in another thousand? Maybe all of our lives will be so much better that we can't even imagine it right now, including the people in power. We all move on, and it just makes sense to do so.
edit on 23-3-2012 by robhines because: typos/mistakes

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Not overly keen on the Neocon's NWO as described by Alex Jones, David Icke and many others, regardless of how stretched out the so called "evidence" such as RFID chipping etc is.
No, my idea of a NWO, although not coined in those terms is outlined by the man that is Jaques Fresco, who has spent his lifetime on pretty much one vision. As he himself says, "it may not be perfect, but it is a darn sight better than what we have now"
A resource based economy, as Jaques calls the Venus Project, has a much more uplifting ring to it.
Am sure you all know more about this than me, I am a newcomer to these parts, looking to share with like minded people, just so happens Mr Fresco is one of my heroes; who, sadly will never see his lifes work come to fruition.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It would all boil down to the same thing anyway, the rich would get richer and the poor would get poorer. I really don't think it would make much of a difference either way.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
An equal chance to make our reality what we truly want it to be, and with total respect of the human rights of any minority groups as long as they aren't harming others.

Kind of like, ok some of you people didn't want this but at least your rights are equal and we just have to see where it goes, etc. The future is never going to be set in stone but we should take that risk together and finally see what our abilites are to be a decent species.

From the sound of this, you don't want minority rights respected, you want the minorities assimilated into the collective - i.e. "ok, some of you didn't want this, but too damned bad - you've got it. Now get with the program, or else!"

I don't want equal rights in a beehive, I don't want equal rights when everyone else is giving theirs up - I want the rights I have now.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I used to be completely against ANY attempt to promote a world government in ANY scenario but in light of the bgi picture of our species, if certain strict conditions were met ie. checks and balances and a complete overhaul of our so-called democracy so it could benefit all the people then I would completely be in favor of a global government of sorts The human race could advance beyond this 9-5 rat race, beyond survival of the richest, etc... What we have now is not working for the majority. The real question is: Has our current system ever worked and if so, what happen?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by SilentThundersGF

Yeah because look at where this "autonomy" has gotten us.

Our planet is being polluted worse than ever before. More people are dying of starvation and diseases every day. Fact is we need to get rid of mindsets such as yours because it's not leading us no where.

The only place it's leading us is towards extinction.

and therein lies the reality of ' one world government' -

"get rid of anything that isnt appropriate".

How exactly will your global gov order other peoples minds to close and only think one way? What drugs, fear, social programming, dogma or threat will you use to keep others cowering under this ' my way is the only right way to think' agenda?

We think differently FOR A REASON......and people such as yourself could begin at any time, to start deciding to stop being afraid of independant thought.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Unfortunately we will have one world government and it will happen by 2050 or sooner. And it will be the EPA! The only government group that has no oversight and can impose their own rules & regulations anyway they wish with no reasoning for it. They need no proof to impose their will. It’s all to control the populous. They do it to businesses, other government agencies and your lives. What you drive, eat, wear , cook on, light your home with, do with your children and what you live in is all dictated by the EPA.

"Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
It's not just who leads a one-world government, but also our equal vote on every choice that's made apart from emergency response, with the added clause that if it clearly leads to more people suffering, there's a clause that diffuses all votes and does what's for the best of the all.

Unfortunately, this mentality is highly similar, if not the same as the elitists' i.e. sociopaths. If killing one thousand individuals would save the human species, would that acceptable? If you say yes, then you need a bullet in the back of your head because the logic is the same to where one thousand individuals killing the rest of the world population to save the human species. This is why the end never justifies the means. What makes us human is our humanity. If we sacrifice even the slightest humanity, we've already lost.

The truth of the matter is that the extinction of the human species is imminent, if the path to globalization does not diverge.

Now, we already have a one world government. It just isn't official, which it currently will solidify and cement within the next forty years. Under no circumstance can this be allowed to happen. The gravity of the problem is that Earth might as well be under quarantine because the result is that we will destroy our species with transhumanist technology by sociopaths becoming demi-gods and "IT" becoming a major threat to the rest of the universe, which includes other highly intelligent species.

Fixing the problem is and isn't easy, which we will most likely fail and go extinct. Frankly, we live in the Medieval Ages due to technology being coveted. It is about time the game is completely changed and hands are forced to be dealt.

A temporary fix would be to jump-start the biggest corporation in the world run by men and women of all creeds, nationalities, and backgrounds. In doing so, those in control and their pet major corporations would be forced to speed up their moves and would be more prone to slippage. It would force corporate mergers creating super corporations in order to survive. Likewise, if such a thing were successful, people participating would actually have a choice and say in what happens in the world by being "employees" of their created entity.

Yes, it would most likely cause a world war and also have a huge potential of being high-jacked. This is why I said it is only temporary fix. However, it would buy time for a real fix.
edit on 25-3-2012 by voidka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
In some ways it would be a blessing to everyone on Earth and in other ways it would be a curse. People will always fear having a homogenous society and it seems that one voice in 5 billion has less power than with the current separations of states..

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative
reply to post by muse7

Read my sig, thats why a one world government will never work
signature:
There will never be peace as long as human nature is in the equation
2nd

And why is it that human nature is the LAST thing people want to take into consideration? In the last 5,000 years our technology has gone throught the roof while we haven't change one damn bit. Species-wise we are a violent, emotional, destructive, selfish, ambitious, self-serving MESS! And that is why governments alway fail sooner of later.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Global Peaceful Unification is the inevitable choice for mankind to the future!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
How about we rid the world of all gov'ments and that we all govern ourselves instead. I believe in true Anarchy and we all should live in peace with no borders....
Remember freedom is free and there is no need to fight wars anymore.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

One government means global control in the hands of those who control most of the nations already. If we hand them this kind of power, that will be unimaginable. Unity is good. The current way of power is bad.
I think the core idea is not bad, but the men behind the curtain will likely lead us into global poverty to fuel their own agendas. Ever heard of 1984? It can only be worse.
In order to unite Earth, and prosper at the same time, first we will have to break down the current state of power.
Denying their existence and giving in to world government is the Worst idea Ever.
read agenda 21 carefully. if, after reading it, you still think that these men and women deserve global power, then you are not worthy of being here.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Please, just answer yes or no. Are you jew? A global government has been a Jewish wet dream for very long. If you are not a jew, WHY do you think a global government is the answer?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
reply to post by SilentThundersGF

you radical free spirits you will rebel just for the sake of rebelling even in a "utopia", look at the big picture how will you end all world conflicts without a one world government overseeing everything......... just not with the current world leaders, TRUTH must be LAW, erase all borders, no taxes, no wars etc the hippies of the sixties would have been my pick for the leaders in a one world government.
edit on 17-3-2012 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2012 by gaurdian2012 because: extended thoughts

I look at the sixties then look at today. I think we have been given another chance to change how things are.

Even watching the MSM you can see just how much corruption there is everywhere. From politics all the way to sports.

A President who has the final say on a hit list? The bad guys are the people who let us know the President has this power? Who says intelligence leakers will suffer the consequences. And I am to believe we should be alright with that?

Its funny the daily show has more engaging news than CNN or any other so called "news" channels on television.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join