It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a one world government, whether you like it or not.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Now how did that saying go???

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them together - and in the darkness bind them.

Obama has the ring in his nasty pocketses.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
OP, if we can't even make our own sovereign governments work the way they are suppose to, what makes you think a world government would work any different?

This wouldn't be the happy loving world government you see on Star Trek, this would be a government ran by special interests and hardcore eugenists/environmentalists that are pushing for population reduction and a two class system.

Look at history, its always the same. The Roman empire, the Soviet empire, Hitler during the Nazism, they were always promising that they were going to create the utopia for the average person and it always turns out to be the exact opposite. If you want a crash course on real world government and the people behind the UN, watch this video.

Stop being such a trendy. I bet you also believe Jason Russel was running around San Diego masturbating in public because he was 'dehydrated'.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Not to enter total nerd mode, but the only way I see a world government happening is if we make contact with an alien species and actually come together as humans in peace....but I doubt that the traditional "Star Trek" view on humanity's unification by this is going to ever happen. We are a violent race, always have been, and are generally untolerable to each other.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
IMO humankind has too far to go to reach a state of maturity that would warrant a one world government. No one person or group of people could be trusted with the welfare of humankind at this point in our evolution. Unless a great awakening happens very soon, I see no further evolution in mankind in the foreseeable future, be it spiritual or whole being.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I agree. The problem is that the current rich and powerful want to control it and not give a global democracy.

Unfortunately, I'll fight against a corporate control of the planet.

Open-source democracy, smaller nations, has my vote.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
We need a one world government, whether you like it or not

That's exactly what Stalin wanted.

I would rather die protecting the constitution,
liberty and my personal beliefs.
We do not need the bureaucracy or wasted money of
bigger governments.
More-for-the-people-by-the-people.

Pyramid schemes always fail.

edit on 17/3/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Holodomor

I agree with you on everything you said Imagine what damage we could do to a inter or outer galactic community
especially those that love war and conflict kind of makes you wonder why I call this Prison Planet Terra but regardless that is where we belong among the cosmos

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that we should have children starving to death because they cannot get even one meal a day, and then in another country we have billionaires just amassing wealth.

What makes you think a one world government would stop that?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

We need a one world government, whether you like it or not

That's exactly what Stalin wanted.

I would rather die protecting the constitution,
liberty and my personal beliefs.
We do not need the bureaucracy or wasted money of
bigger governments.
More-for-the-people-by-the-people.

Pyramid schemes always fail.

Your constitution is 200 years old, and you currently do not live under it.

You don't even know what life under a constitution is like, because human rights trump national constitutions.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
IMO humankind has too far to go to reach a state of maturity that would warrant a one world government. No one person or group of people could be trusted with the welfare of humankind at this point in our evolution. Unless a great awakening happens very soon, I see no further evolution in mankind in the foreseeable future, be it spiritual or whole being.

You have a good point, we do have a loooong way to go

But as the Earth's environment changes for the worse over the next 100 years
Nations will have to come together to survive, this will lead to global governance.
It is a shame that we have to face extinction for this to happen, but we are only human.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by badconduct
You don't even know what life under a constitution is like, because human rights trump national constitutions.
Have you even read the constitution? Do you know what it stands for and why the founding fathers created it?
edit on 17-3-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I have to defend a one world government. I see the big picture it is conceivable, those atrocities would not occur in a true one world government, these could be the basic laws

Help your fellow Human
No Borders
no monetary economic system
no taxes
Truth Must be law
All Are Equal
share resources food, technology, knowledge available to all for free
freedom to express your belief in whatever faith they want (the teachings only, not the organization)
lies, greed and corruption would be illegal
no need for population control look into new technology to move the excess population to off world colonies
and to those that feel to rebel against this virtual Utopia, the punishment "Civil Service"

then I think the Galactic Community would take notice

it is possible but only with an all for all mentality and definitely not with the current world leaders
edit on 17-3-2012 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

reply to post by SilentThundersGF

Yeah because look at where this "autonomy" has gotten us.

Our planet is being polluted worse than ever before. More people are dying of starvation and diseases every day. Fact is we need to get rid of mindsets such as yours because it's not leading us no where.

The only place it's leading us is towards extinction.

The reality is that its not us as a whole that's the problem. We certainly have our issues but most of modern civilization - the actual people who live regular lives and those who are worse off - we don't want war with each other. Most want to live and let live. We have some radicals who don't want that and those are usually the ones in power pulling the strings. The ones who have the control to stop and prevent diseases (instead of making new, more dangerous ones), have the power to give us all clean water (instead of polluting it), have the power to give us sound economies (instead of wrecking them) etc...THEY have more pull than we do, but we want those things more than they want those things.

The answer isn't world government - especially not when the people who would be in charge of it have the power to right a lot of wrongs, but don't - the answer is for the people to take a stand on their individual freedoms and collectively proclaim and respect the others individual freedoms (including rights to have a sovereign nation). Kick out those who don't want personal freedoms for everyone and work against them.

We have that kind of power. It's time we exercise it.
edit on 17-3-2012 by WordsAreAvenues because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

It's been tried as when Gaddafi was uniting the African
nations, but the 'elites' had something else
up their sleeve.
An ocean of blood wont deter a 1%
government ,
even if it leads to ww3.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

the answer is easy enough you would need alien involvement. something other than ourselves, not of this world think about it a 10 mile alien craft lands or hovers over any city worldwide all wars would end instantly then maybe we would actually solve problems together as a whole instead of what the current world leaders do pose for pictures and stuff there pockets with our money

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

It's already on it's way. www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I know and agree, but I mean real Alien involvement to advance our species not dominate and control us. we already have that.........................

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

For the most part, I agree with you. I think taking apart the boundaries that prevents humans from being able to reach out to other humans is essential for survival of the human race. I know its very naive to think this will ever happen because of all the intolerance in the world, but I can dream, right?

My fiancee, who works a the local radio station here, had an interesting conversation with a state politician this week when he was in the studio and it when something like this:

He got into a little bit of a philosophical discussion with the politician and they were talking about all that is wrong with the country and the world. The politician said something about "bring people back to the teachings of the bible", and my fiancee said "Well, I believe that if we don't come together as a race, we are pretty much doomed." And the politician said "What do you mean? Like white people coming together?" My fiancee says "No! I mean the human race, All of us." And the politician goes "Well, I could never get behind something like that..."

THAT, my friends, is exactly what is wrong with the world. I know I will be flamed forever for saying it (and I don't blame you, flamers) but I believe its true. Christians hate Muslims, Muslims hate Jews, Jews hate Hindus or whatever. It is a vicious cycle that will never end. I'm not saying it is the only thing that is wrong, but it is a big part of it. And I'm not saying ban all religions either, I'm saying stop hating people for their beliefs that have no effect on your own personal happiness.

A poster above me mentioned Star Trek, and I think everyone can agree that a utopian society where we can travel the stars at will is probably the most optimistic outcome that one can imagine for the human race. But, even in that "universe" the human race had to go through some pretty horrific things to get to that point.

Really the only thing that I see bringing the human race together is alien contact, but even if that happened, its almost impossible to know how we would react as a whole. For all anyone knows, that could be the trigger that make us destroy ourselves.

Okay, I'm done with my little tangent. Very interesting thread, OP.

Edit: I added the last sentence to the religious paragraph for a little more clarity on how I feel. Don't wanna garner flamage I do not deserve.

edit on 17-3-2012 by ProjectBlue because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2012 by ProjectBlue because: tweaked the wording just a little bit.

I'm going to edit this one more time to add this song because I think it is totally relevant to the conversation, and I love this version almost as much as the original.

edit on 17-3-2012 by ProjectBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
We don't need a satanic one world govt. We need Jesus...simple.

Albert Pike and his "Pike's Plan" is in full effect right now. God is in control. Simple. Only He can save us. Not a One World Govt. To put your faith in anyone but Jesus is futile. Sorry. satan may be doing his wheeling and dealing right now, but little does he know that he's playing right into God's hand.

Bottom line, in the end, God is in control. We need to turn to Him before the S really hits the F.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
We have a one world government, whether we know it or not.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join