It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "CAN'T" Rant.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The banner says "DENY IGNORANCE" not "deny every single idea that runs contrary to your vision of the universe".
Today I saw a new thread concerning earthquake patterns and ley lines, the OP supplied a video, several screen captures and his own opinion on the subject, basically everything you could want in a presentation of new information. Here is the link if you haven't had the pleasure............
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Almost immediately there were swarms of experts who wanted to pick the post apart including one member who said they CAN'T waste 23 minutes of their busy day to watch a video even though the information includes the area where they reside. If you don't care enough to actually review the data you CAN'T dispute the information it contains now can you?
There followed many comments from people who CAN'T spell or even use a spell check function. Then we had folks who admitted they CAN'T follow the math but knew it was wrong. I stopped reading after three pages of comments, almost all negative, from people who CAN'T comprehend the data and feel the need to inform everybody that it CAN'T be true.
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!
This should be a place where ideas and theories flow freely and produce valid arguments for or against them, not a place where some contribute and others destroy.
Do you want to know why no scientists come forward with disclosure? Look no further than the pages of ATS where those with courage are attacked and ridiculed for their efforts to enlighten the masses.
You simply CAN'T see with your eyes closed.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
To many conspiracies. I, in my honest opinion think way to many people are paranoid, it's my opinion against others. Yes lets feed fear into these people with our little conspiracies, woot.

Maybe not relevant to what your saying OP since i didn't read it all but im with ya !

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I saw the thread and watched the OP's video too. An interesting theory and a good presentation imho. As for the rest, it might be helpful just to ignore certain posters and let the OP come back online with (hopefully) more info. If nothing else he made some interesting correlations. I really have no idea as it's pretty much Greek to me but it did at least sound plausible. Knowing nothing about any of that stuff sometimes makes it hard to see the wood through the trees but I guess the old saying Time WIll Tell applies. In any case, according to the theory we shouldn't have too long to wait.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I consider myself a "scientist". (patents, etc on my "public" outreach page at www.edans.org). And yea there are high levels of abuse for any scientist who's not a "Junk" scientist for the sake of the dollar over their mouths. But I can say that I am liking ATS more than most blogs.

My favorite blog so far has been drudge.com - though I'm "exiled" till fools-day. The hostile exchanges do provide cover for real truth. When I have to filter words (there's a C-word thread in parallel, and I put my c-word song there...), it does gotcha-me along with the "common haters".

IMHO the "mod policies" that work are the ones that simply stop the angry and insulting comments toward other members. If people don't agree with my ideas that's easy enough to say without calling me an [expletive].

And never forget, science is all about the truth. If you can't have truth well then there's no science either. I want the truth. For those who don't love the truth can't be saved from the ... (Thes 2...)...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I watched that video too. IDK, it was interesting but there didn't seem enough there to make much sense of it. I'd consider it possible but I CAN'T tell anything beyond another "hmmmm".

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze

Ditto, hence my hope that the OP comes back to help us all out some more or it gets definitively debunked. Last thing I want to see is a huge earthquake.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by reitze

Ditto, hence my hope that the OP comes back to help us all out some more or it gets definitively debunked. Last thing I want to see is a huge earthquake.

I'd be happy to see where that thread goes... especially things like other CONTRIBUTORS here provinding more insight... Like either verifying or directly-debunking the details in it like the 188 days vs actual events, timeline, etc. The graphic was a little "TOO NICE". So my suspicians were up, but proving/disproving that concept takes time.

If I lived in LA I might be more motivated to take the time to track down such details. But I don't. Getting a job seems more important. But who wants a "scientist" anymore? Especially one that would value truth over their employer's money? IDK, glad for a roof and food for today.

top topics

join