It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Purchasing Millions of Rounds of Ammo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This story definitely gives me the heebie-jeebies.

The Department of Homeland Security has granted a contract to ATK for up to 450 Million rounds of ammunition!

ATK Secures .40 Caliber Ammunition Contract with Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS, ICE)

It gets creepier. This is not your standard ammuniton round either. From the above link:

ATK was the incumbent and won the contract with its HST bullet, which has proven itself in the field. The special hollow point effectively passes through a variety of barriers and holds its jacket in the toughest conditions. HST is engineered for 100-percent weight retention, limits collateral damage, and avoids over-penetration.

A bit of analysis from www.theinelhub.com:

The Department of Homeland Security has been extremely busy in the last few months.

Whether it be mastering their surveillance of social media, planning to build level 4 bio weapons labs in the middle of the country, defending Globalism, lying to Congress about their big brother policies, labeling people who believe in conspiracy theories as potential terrorists, or taking over cyber security, DHS seems to be actively working against the American people on every front.

Considering this, the fact that they are openly ordering millions more rounds of ammunition should at the very least give the American people pause.

As 2012 continues to move forward and the awakening of the sleeping giant that is the American people kicks into high gear, federal agencies seem hell bent to continue to gear up for a possible confrontation with the people of this once great country.

ATK Awarded Contract to Supply 450 Million Rounds of .40 Caliber Ammunition to the Department of Homeland Security

This, on top of all the non-lethal weaponry being provided to Law Enforcement, just doesn't sound good. What do they need 450 million rounds for in a nation of 311 million citizens?

What are your thoughts? Much ado about nothing, or are they really gearing up for some serious SHTFin

edit on 16-3-2012 by Hessling because: Forgot link

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I was confused here for a second because I thought it was a military department and then reread that it was Homeland....

How much ammo to Police depts buy? In comparison.

PEWAUKEE, Wis. — The city's police department stockpiled 58,000 rounds of ammunition - more than 10 times the amount the average Lake Country department has on hand

Source

Pewaukee is a city in Waukesha County, Wisconsin. The population was 11,783 at the 2000 census.

Source
edit on 16-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thread created an hour ago about it here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I was confused here for a second because I thought it was a military department and then reread that it was Homeland....

How much ammo to Police depts buy? In comparison.

PEWAUKEE, Wis. — The city's police department stockpiled 58,000 rounds of ammunition - more than 10 times the amount the average Lake Country department has on hand

Source

Pewaukee is a city in Waukesha County, Wisconsin. The population was 11,783 at the 2000 census.

Source
edit on 16-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

58,000 rounds? For the Pewaukee Police Department?

Not good. Not good at all.

Thanks for the info. Yikes!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoticf8

Thanks.

I did a search and came up empty.

Mods - please close.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoticf8

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join