It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Grand Mufti Calls for "Destruction of All Churches in Region"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

So two groups speak for 1.5 billion people. Couldn't find anything better for your weekly Islam hate thread?

You're being intellectually dishonest or a shill for Islam if you don’t see all of the connections. These aren’t isolated incidents, sir, and you know that. You’re resorting back to claiming it’s just a sect or two, which is bunk.

And it's spelled Kryptonite I see your knowledge of comics is as complete as your knowledge of Islam.

Whoops…my knowledge of comics is limited.

Maybe if you spent less time reading comic books and more time paying attention to what’s going on in the world you’d have more to add to the thread than pointing out a grammatical error in my OP.

edit on 17-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My 2 cents:
Islam isn't causing so many problems in the US as Christianity is. Islam is not our problem right now, Christianity is. When we finish treating Christianity, we can turn our focus to treating the other plagues of the world.

Alternatively, the bias could come from those trying to bring Christianity down from its 'better than Islam' high horse. Its hard to say you are the one true religion when you are demonstrated to be just as nasty as all of the other ones. Maybe they will get equal coverage once this is established.

And maybe, just maybe, should the latter be true, two birds can be taken with one stone. But don't get your hopes up. We will probably be just as savage 50 years from now as we are today.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stAtrill

Islam isn't causing so many problems in the US as Christianity is. Islam is not our problem right now, Christianity is. When we finish treating Christianity, we can turn our focus to treating the other plagues of the world.

Just because some of you keep repeating the same garbage over and over doesn’t make it true. Maybe you can answer the question nobody else has managed to answer:

WHERE in the world TODAY is ANY denomination of Christianity killing large numbers of people in the name of Christianity? Don’t give me any BS about the US military (I’ve already explained why that’s bunk) and don’t bring up the crusades from hundreds of years ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Craptonite...

Drinking in the morning,and having a silly hangover at night.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Just because some of you keep repeating the same garbage over and over doesn’t make it true. Maybe you can answer the question nobody else has managed to answer:

Whoa, calm down buddy. I didn't repeat anything else already posted on this thread. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

WHERE in the world TODAY is ANY denomination of Christianity killing large numbers of people in the name of Christianity? Don’t give me any BS about the US military (I’ve already explained why that’s bunk) and don’t bring up the crusades from hundreds of years ago.

Let me begin by saying: I do NOT find fault with your argument. They have been the most recent aggressor. As an American however, I am disinclined to be concerned with Islam making the human race look bad, so long as they are not causing a problem for Americans. I think we should mind our own business, frankly. If Islam causes whole countries to wipe themselves off the map, so be it. We have our own problems; when we fix these, we can look at others' issues.

Unfortunately, Christianity is extremely similar to Islam, especially where dangerous mental constructs are concerned (you know how they say blind obedience leads only to evil, ect...). Regardless of 'today' or not, parallels can still be drawn between Christian wars and Islamic ones. I find the Holocaust fairly recent, don't you?

They are both capable of serious damage. So why focus on Christianity? Because the majority of people in our country aren't Islamic nutjobs, they are Christian ones.

BTW, I still don't understand why the point made in your OP even matters. So what if they focus unfairly on Christians? If they didn't, what in the world would that change? At the end of the day, why would it matter?

The issue you raise is about as important as Whitney Houston's death. Its journalism, nobody said it should be fair.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I only want to say the three Abrahamic religions are driving hate and violence across the globe and followers of those faith are in denial and pointing fingers at one another. What good is that. Come on... show so peace and love...you are all the same, sharing the same God and angels.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Jinns are somewhat funny if you don't get all attached to what you think reality is and emotional about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What IS considered credible evidence around here that Muslims are taking out the infidels? Is Saudi Arabia sufficiently Muslim for you?? I wonder what the level of outrage would be on ATS if the US announced today that all mosques must be destroyed to preserve the prominent Christian religion?? Double standard?

none.....why? see the first post under the OP

remove religion and remove atrocity in the world = wrong answer

Double standard - you bet there is.
Nazarene's are not killing Baptists because the dont practice sanctification

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Whoa, calm down buddy. I didn't repeat anything else already posted on this thread. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

No panties here...and no bunch.

Let me begin by saying: I do NOT find fault with your argument. They have been the most recent aggressor. As an American however, I am disinclined to be concerned with Islam making the human race look bad, so long as they are not causing a problem for Americans. I think we should mind our own business, frankly.

Would $10 per gallon gas affect you? How about Muslim terrorists with nuclear weapons that can reach the US? How about Iran fighting a proxy war against US in Iraq for 10 years? Dare I say 9/11?

If Islam causes whole countries to wipe themselves off the map, so be it. We have our own problems; when we fix these, we can look at others' issues.

Hey, I wish they would annihilate each other. The problem is, they seem to have their eye on Christians and all other infidels around the globe (which includes Americans). 

Unfortunately, Christianity is extremely similar to Islam, especially where dangerous mental constructs are concerned (you know how they say blind obedience leads only to evil, ect...). Regardless of 'today' or not, parallels can still be drawn between Christian wars and Islamic ones. I find the Holocaust fairly recent, don't you?

The holocaust was in no way a Christian war. No one person can draw a comparison between Islam and Christianity until you can demonstrate that Christians are killing people for not being Christian. 

They are both capable of serious damage. So why focus on Christianity? Because the majority of people in our country aren't Islamic nutjobs, they are Christian ones.

Have the 'Christian nutjobs' as you call them killed someone you know? I know several people killed by Muslims but I can't name ONE killed by a Christian in the name of Christianity. Where in the hell do you live in America??

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wahhabism is a growing problem within the Muslim communities and the atrocities they have fueled have been documented.

This coming from a Muslim who spent 20 years of her life in Saudi Arabia, and used to listen to the Imams preach hatred of all sorts to EVERYBODY including Americans, Europeans, etc etc etc.

And in all honesty, if Saudi Arabia thinks its legal system is 'honest' the Prophet himself would be ashamed of these people. Their ignorant hatred of all things progressive has yet to find a parallel in anybody else's religion.

On another note, the majority of Saudi's who think like the weirdo Mufti are all from central parts of Saudi. The majority of people who live in Jeddah/Mecca etc (who have had time to develop culturally over the course of many years of trade and what not) are very nice people, who don't bother following the ignorance of said Wahhabis.

And so he can preach all he wants, mufti's do not have complete say in how the Saudi government runs its self. If they had, they wouldn't have allowed around 20 million foreigners, the majority of whom aren't Muslim (equivalent to the amount of Saudi's in the entire country) to come in and work and run their country.

edit on 17-3-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Would $10 per gallon gas affect you? How about Muslim terrorists with nuclear weapons that can reach the US? How about Iran fighting a proxy war against US in Iraq for 10 years? Dare I say 9/11?

$10 gas: of course that would affect me. That would cause many people to starve, as food would become cost prohibitive. Unfortunately, between the war with Iran and staying to ourselves, I have a feeling the war with Iran will do the most damage to the price of oil.
Muslim terrorists with nuclear weapons? We invested billions into a missile shield, it had better work. And I have no qualms about glassing them if something should happen. Better them glassed than our troops dead.
9/11? Do you really think 9/11 had anything to do with terrorists who wanted to 'teach America a lesson'? Judging from the consequential war that immediately followed, and the fact that the war has had strategic posturing for oil as an unspoken 'secondary objective', I find that extremely unlikely. If you think the war hasn't been primarily about oil, you haven't been researching it enough.

Hey, I wish they would annihilate each other. The problem is, they seem to have their eye on Christians and all other infidels around the globe (which includes Americans). 

The fault I find with this is that we didn't keep our noses to ourselves earlier. Remember, we (along with 1 other country) armed the very 'terrorists' we are fighting - just back then, they were on our side. Man, the things that happen when plans go astray.

I wouldn't have bothered arming them in the first place.

The holocaust was in no way a Christian war. 

The war was waged by solely by Christians, making it a Christian war in my book (consider looking up Nazi religions). Remember, the goal was to create the perfect Aryan race, and Judaism didn't make the cut as a perfect religion. The Nazis were, in their entirety, either Catholic or Protestant. Think, if they were all Islamic (or some other religion), would they have been so kind as to recognize the various 'sects' inside of Christianity? Not at all, Catholics would have been wiped out alongside the Jews and Protestants and Anglicans (ect...). It would take a Christian to recognize the different flavors of Christian.

And, I would argue, it would take the 'blind obedience' underpinnings of religion for the Nazis to execute their brothers like this. They even made such clever excuses as: 'I am just doing my job'. I don't see how else someone could be brainwashed into thinking a different flavor of their very own religion was somehow fit for destruction, especially not on that basis in and of itself.

No one person can draw a comparison between Islam and Christianity until you can demonstrate that Christians are killing people for not being Christian.

You don't really think that is the only way to draw a comparison between religions, right? That would imply that that a religion is nothing more than the ability to justify a kill. Which may be true (in practicality, at least).

Unfortunately, religions are muuuch more than that. Some people consider them lifestyles. MAAANY many parallels can be drawn between these lifestyles: schools of thought, methodologies, and social constructs that have nothing to do with their ability to delude themselves into killing their peers.

Have the 'Christian nutjobs' as you call them killed someone you know?

Nobody has killed anyone I know, including Muslims or any other race or ideology.

I know several people killed by Muslims but I can't name ONE killed by a Christian in the name of Christianity. Where in the hell do you live in America??

Where in the world do you live? I don't even know anybody who knows anybody who has been killed by anyone in the name of any religion. Not even anecdotes. I might suggest moving.

My viewpoint: As someone without a religion, I can easily see the relations between different religions, even if the very members of such a religion can't. As far as I am concerned, you are all related by your similar ideologies. Which is why I can't for the life of me figure out why you guys will declare war on your peers.

It's like holding a club to get a bunch of like-minded people together, then having the club split over some arbitrary, insignificant reason, and finally the two divisions of the same club kill each other. It makes no sense - there's got to be something fundamentally wrong with the club. Thank god Atheists don't do this.
edit on 17-3-2012 by stAtrill because: clarity

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Saudi Arabia had destroyed all the churches a long time ago nothing new. Any Items and articles belonging to religions other than Islam are prohibited. This means no bibles crosses etc no every now and then they'll say sure we have Christians here.Truth is there foreign workers And must practice there religions out of there homes because meeting in public is once again banned.If you are an american for example and you wish to attend church you go to the US embassy were they hold service every Sunday. One thing i learned in the middle east is they are not tollerant of other religions at all.Which when you compare that to the western world were no mosques pop up all the time.Yet we continually hear how Muslims are discriminated against. From my experiences ill tell you there not very peace full either if no one is there to control them the sectarian violence goes through the roof.

In Iraq we here all about all these civilian deaths but the media doesnt tell you something. What they forget to mention is this is one group of Muslims attacking another group of Muslims.An example is we had a group of about 5 guys in a pickup they were Sunni and they decided to go through a shia area and shoot anyone on the street. If i recall they manged to get about 20 people before US forces cornered and killed them.(many of them world chiuldren playing in a playground near a school) Then guess what then the shia Muslims get all worked up on revenge and about a week later you they go hunting.

You will never see democracy in the middle east until you can get them to tolerate other religions and i wouldnt expect it in this century.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

World war 2 had nothing to do with religion. Had everything to do with money.The jews were demonized in germany because they controlled the banks. Hitler used this fact to come up with someone to blame.Realize there economy had crashed germans were starving and couldnt afford a loaf of bread. Then Hitler shows up talks about the pride of the german people starts setting up manufacturing and of course military conquests.This gives him money not to mention all the money they confiscated from the jews. Which come to think of it is very similar in the untited states right now. People like the occupy wall-street crowd were talking about Jewish bankers. Obama's war on rich people could lead into some very ugly directions if were not careful.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Why fighting with each other over religions? We know that religion at the core is the problem. And to be more exact the extremists use the group of people under certain religion for their own benefit and spread hatred. I am sure that every religion preaches peace.

People live and co-operate to form a nation. The government of that nation holds the power of that nation and this very power is vulnerable to corruption and greed. In the same way, people gather together under a religion to preach peace, find true path and most of the time they need someone with higher understanding like priests to show them the path. So, in a way the priests control the followers and again this is vulnerable to bad guys.

Now that evil guys control both governments and religious followers, they want us to keep fighting among us so that everyone remains too much occupied and dumb to notice what is going on. People need to understand that they do not need any religious leader to tell them what to do.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Just another thread from Zionists who blame Islam.

This is very clear to me that you don't want to accept Wahhabi a new sect in Islam and a plan to attack Islam.

So , Zionists made Wahhabis

Wahhabis serve Zionists.

What else should it be ?

But it is very amusing to me.

The way you insist on what you say as a war-monger , makes me find more documents on the internet.

keep up the good work.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by solardez
the problem is not the religious leaders... but rather the religous documents they subscribe to.

no more religous documents; no more religious leaders; no more religious madness.

I beg to differ, we will always have crazies.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Hopefully If Saudi Arabia can manage the destruction of all christian houses of worship other countries can follow suit, and that dangerous cult can finaly be eradicated. Christianity seems to be on the rise in China though, thats cause for concern.

I applaud our Saudi allies however.

This is cause for concern. Unless you meant all religions and not just Christianity, then it would only be slightly insane.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Where in the world do you live? I don't even know anybody who knows anybody who has been killed by anyone in the name of any religion. Not even anecdotes. I might suggest moving.

Really?

The Fort Hood shooting was a mass shooting that took place on November 5, 2009, at Fort Hood, the most populous U.S. military installation in the world, located just outside Killeen, Texas.[1] In the course of the shooting, a single gunman killed 13 people and wounded 29 others.
link

If I remember correctly he was shouting Allah Akbar while killing.

How about the Muslims killing Christians in Nigeria?

How about Muslims killing Christians in Egypt?

If you don't think Muslims are killing people all over the world then I can’t debate you any longer because you completely ignore the facts.

edit on 18-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

So anyone with an opinion that thinks Islam is a violent religion is a zionist?

What if that person doesnt have a religion themselves?

What if they are Hindu and still think islam is violent?

Then i suppose they are zionist too?

It seems to me that this term "Zionist" has become a copout word , like RACIST....for people to throw out in a futile attempt to shut down dissenting arguments

try coming up with some rebuttals to some of the information presented , rather then just calling everyone a dirty zionist and then storming off
edit on 18-3-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by slanteye
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I only want to say the three Abrahamic religions are driving hate and violence across the globe and followers of those faith are in denial and pointing fingers at one another. What good is that. Come on... show so peace and love...you are all the same, sharing the same God and angels.

I suppose if I were a "good" Christian I would turn the other cheek and offer Islam the shirt off my back, but at some point you have to draw the line, genocide for any reason is one of those lines for me.

I was very open minded when I read the Quran back during the first Iraq war, but after reading it all the way through I concluded it was far more evil than the Satanic Bible by Anton LeVey. I've studied all the major religions except Buddhism as that is actually a philosophy, not a religion as most believe.

IF I believed in karma or a god that is active in human affairs, I wouldn't have too much concern because I'd believe they'll get back what they give. What I do believe is that if you don't stand for something, then you'll fall for anything. I won't stand for genocide for any reason. Peace love and understanding is a lofty goal that should be tempered with common sense and self preservation.

To anyone who brings this up, yes I know Anton was a showman for Hollywood and a poor spokes person for the Dark Lord.
edit on 18-3-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added last line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join