Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

How Every American Seeking Work Can be Employed: Redistribution of Wealth from the 1%

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Basically what we have going here, is large megacorps, buying off politicians. They then pass laws, that do not effect them, only small businesses just starting up. Cut down the competition before it can even get off the ground. It is like undercover monopolies.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

And that again reinforces my belief that what we truly need are anti-trust laws enforced, to prevent these huge mega-corporations from existing and to encourage competition, and less regulation otherwise to allow small businesses to start up and keep competition, innovation, and improvement alive and well.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The problem with our current system is the government and the policies they have in place that have only benefitted a select few at the expense to everyone else.

These policies have contributed to redistribution of wealth to the 1%.
The same policies are responsible for jobs being outsourced or off shored to cheap labor countries.
The same polcies are responsible for the open borders market we have that increase the supply / demand ratio to the 1% benefit.
These policies are responsible for the huge number of H1B Visa's granted to put even more downward pressure on wages.

All these policies have redistrubuted wealth to the top 1%, where the Government - CEO - Wall Street Loop is all that matters and the rest of the country is expendable.

The "Free Market" has been rigged to benefit them.
In the spirit of the "Free Market", they would have also opened the doors wide to aspiring business managers and foreign CEO's in other countries, to come run companies here in the US. This would have also placed downward pressure on CEO compensation and the inequality in this country would not be so high.
The rest of the world has no problem finding talent to run their companies at 1/1000 of the cost.

The problem with the government is who is running it.

The ones running the government come from the Big Banks and Corporations in this country and when their in government, they exist only to serve each other.
Their Primary Responsibility should be to the American people and this country and it is not.

There are Venn Diagrams that list the relationships between Government, The Big Banks and the Corporations as well, which most have seen.
Just from Goldman Sachs alone, there are hundreds that have revolved between the government and the company.

The solutions:

Therefore, the logical conclusion is to eliminate the conflict of interests that exists.
There should be seperation of Corporate, Banking and State.

Campaign Finance Reform!

One Dollar, One Vote

End of Lobbying

We should also do away with Nafta and many of the other Trade programs that have not benefitted everyone in this country.

If we were to shrink the government, it would also defang and take away the power from a lot of these corporations and banks and give it back to the people and the small business's of this country.

We need a government that represents the country and not an elite few.

The problem to me now is, how do you change the government when the fox's are already in it and call the shots? Do you think they are going to relinquish any of their power willingly?
edit on 17-3-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

The first step is realizing there is a problem, which you have alluded to.
But, as I have stated in my previous post, there is no problem for those running the government.
The Large Corporations and Wall Street banks are doing quite well, and that is all that matters.
They do not care about the rest of the country.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Funny thing is, if we stop the wars we increase unemploymancy from all the soldiers entering back into the system. There will be layoff by the factories who create products for military personell. Not just bombs and weapons, but the people on the factory lines that make trauma kits, boots, boot soles, jackets, canteens, helmets,etc... get the picture?

I am anti-war, I do not want us to invade Iran or any other nation again while I live. But these are real life dilemas we need to be able to sort out.

There is no longer a huge infrastructure in this nation to compensate for the unemployed, or to get them jobs. We need to tax tha crap out of imports and give tax breaks to companies to build factories here. And people need to learn to live on lower wages and stop with these union wages where the employee gets raped by union dues,etc... I was a union worker for a few years in the pipefitting industry and was making nearly $30/hr in mid 90s. By the time I got my check it was like I was making $18/hr. I moved to the private district and started making $25/hr and lived more comfortably.

The unions need some serious changes. I am all for what they stand for when it comes to worker benefits and all but when so much money is distributed to the suits in the union making them fat cats like Wall Street bankers and whatnot, there is something wrong. I am not talking about completely abolishing the unions, but they have gotten out of hand with corruption.

Our political heirarchy needs a reduction in pay and length of terms needs to be reduced. No more lifer politicians in DC. These people pass legislation then when they retire they get hired on as "advisors" for lucrative numbers just because the legislation they pass netted certain corporations huge returs in different aspects of their buisnesses. They should be expected to return to the general workforce of us common citizens when their term is up.

Mandatory/random drug testing for wellfare recipients is also needed throughout the country. Why are many people getting cellphones, transportaion, living expenses from my tax dollars sitting at home partying it up while I must undergo random drug testing just to be employed? Now this to be done before they recieve their first check/card/item, and then randomly by randomly generated numbers in a computer program rather then by race/creed or place of residence. I will gladly have my tax dollars spent on something like this as it will eventually save us money. I am not talking about the clinically declared disabled folk either, who have legitimate disabilities.
edit on 17-3-2012 by NonC0nf0rmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Its too bad i missed most of the conversation and don't have time to read every post right now, though i read some of them as claiming that wealth distribution is 'unconstitutional'. In case you haven't noticed, the constitution is being # on constantly. If someone made millions or billions of dollars from taking advantage of other people and the system, then yeah, No one needs a billion dollars, no one even needs to make a million a year. The only reason to make 1million a year is to prove to the middle class and poor that they are better then them.

I find it funny that most of the middle class is still blaming the poor for being poor, and blaming the unemployed for being lazy. It reminds me of a photo i once seen that said "The media is rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to hate poor people". Im not saying ALL rich people are to blame, im saying multinational banks and corporations and the ones that own/run those are the issue. They just tried to own our transit system here by trying to contract it out to a private company(which means less pay for the drivers). One that would hire brand new people and leave the other thousand employees currently without jobs(not saying this is fully the case, im sure the young ones willing to work for less would be hired). And there are NO jobs around here. None. We'll have some in 3 years when the shipping docks are ready to start producing warships... in 3 years.

Its just funny. Redistribution of wealth makes sense, but lets take the trillions of dollars tied up in a defunct financial system and redistribute it. And line our pockets instead of bigwigs lining theirs. They're playing a very stealth game of class warfare, its been happening for 300 years. One of the reasons for the american revolution was against britains financial system and taxation system which they knew was only being used to make the rich richer and the poor poorer. We see this in history. The french revolution for example.

The american revolution succeeded and failed at the same time, You got your independence for a few years. Then the same british banks came back to the US and the governments at the time fell for it (1913 Federal reserve creation, and the subsequent IMF, World bank and BIS, and the FBI..CIA..etc). Its like going back to before said american revolution, most people are slaves to put it bluntly. The difference is they are paying us a fake currency, so it doesn't feel like slavery, because we're getting paid. People don't seem to understand me when i say the word slave in relation to every day life, no one feels like a slave. And thats the point.

Complete format of the financial industry is needed before anything will change.
Also competent government that won't bleed money out every orifice.

Will read back.
edit on 17/3/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Your view is one of survival of the fittest, which the elite know of quite well.
They take over our government and use our military to further their theft and killings over seas.

This is indeed survival of the fittest.
The Law of the Jungle.
The Dark Side of Man.
The Dark side of the Soul.

If everyone subscribed to that notion, then all is fair in love and war, and killing and stealing from the rich in this country is admissible, correct? Sorry, we don't need to go down that road and I would rather live by morals and ethical principles in this temporal realm, than do what I know is wrong and having to pay for it, for eternity.

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

One of the worst things we started taching kids in school is that every one wins... there are no failures... no one left behind. The weakest always makes the team. Everybody gets a cookie and a star at the end of the day.

Nature and life is not like that... reality is not like that. So when they find this hard lesson out, it is traumatizing. Here is were Darwin steps in...the strong survive, people adapt, learn, recover, and go on. Those that do not get left behind and fade away.

Or, to put it in a John Wayne-ism..." Dust those britches off, pilgrim, and get back on your horse."

There will be those that decry such an attitude, but they are the ones crying for "redistribution of wealth", instead of making their own wealth.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
The american revolution succeeded and failed at the same time, You got your independence for a few years. Then the same british banks came back to the US and the governments at the time fell for it (1913 Federal reserve creation, and the subsequent IMF, World bank and BIS, and the FBI..CIA..etc). Its like going back to before said american revolution, most people are slaves to put it bluntly. The difference is they are paying us a fake currency, so it doesn't feel like slavery, because we're getting paid. People don't seem to understand me when i say the word slave in relation to every day life, no one feels like a slave. And thats the point.

Complete format of the financial industry is needed before anything will change.

Will read back.

Agreed. When our forfathers created the our Constitution and got us our independence they did not intend for a central banking system or for career politicians, especially not the lobbyists that plague DC.

We have a free trade act thus hindering our ability to create jobs because we do not tax the crap out of imports but when we export it gets taxed accordingly by foreigh nations. We need to give breaks for corporations to bring factories back to this once proud nation of hard workers.

We have been systematically dumbed down through our education and entertainment programs.
deliberatedumbingdown.com... Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt was part of the Reagan education department and found out what was going on. It is all here.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NonC0nf0rmist

Will read back.

Agreed. When our forfathers created the our Constitution and got us our independence they did not intend for a central banking system or for career politicians, especially not the lobbyists that plague DC.

We have a free trade act thus hindering our ability to create jobs because we do not tax the crap out of imports but when we export it gets taxed accordingly by foreigh nations. We need to give breaks for corporations to bring factories back to this once proud nation of hard workers.

We have been systematically dumbed down through our education and entertainment programs.
deliberatedumbingdown.com... Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt was part of the Reagan education department and found out what was going on. It is all here.

Good link my friend! Something fun to read. There are reasons i never could stand commercials, and i only watch shows i really like, I hate the rest of it

But yeah, the forefathers had no intention of a central banking system, especially a fractional reserve one. And they also expected people to still have militias, and small government, and a standing army rather than an active one.
We'll see how the next couple years go, i suspect things are going to get really bad.
And then society will snap, Occupy is going to make a full comeback, more organized then ever.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
how every american could work part time, and still earn enough money to live!!!

require everyone who is capable or working work!!!
retirement at 67
standard living wage set.
end welfare, food stamps, hud, unemployment. medicaid
take money that would be used for those and assist companies, under certain conditions to meet that living wage for part time worker
unemployed could be hired since there'd be more need for workers because of part time hours.
eliminate the 99% of the gov't budget that serves nothing but putting taxpayer's money into the policians' inner circle and cut taxes for businesses and workers.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
One of the worst things we started taching kids in school is that every one wins... there are no failures... no one left behind. The weakest always makes the team. Everybody gets a cookie and a star at the end of the day.

Nature and life is not like that... reality is not like that. So when they find this hard lesson out, it is traumatizing. Here is were Darwin steps in...the strong survive, people adapt, learn, recover, and go on. Those that do not get left behind and fade away.

Or, to put it in a John Wayne-ism..." Dust those britches off, pilgrim, and get back on your horse."

There will be those that decry such an attitude, but they are the ones crying for "redistribution of wealth", instead of making their own wealth.

Now I agree the teaching of our kids that everyone wins was a horrible concept. I learned this back in pop warner football during the 80s. My first year at the age of 8 I was given a trophy at a banquet for our team just like the rest of my teammates. I aked the coach why we were getting trophies when we only won 3 games and din't make any playoffs. He said it was because we participated and that is how it is done. I then threw it away in the trash behind us. He was surprised and I said I didn't deserve it. A couple of my friends decided to smash them in the street outside.

But I do not agree with survival of the fittest. Now we are all mammals, and as such we have the natural compassion to take care of our old, tired, sick and weaker of our species. Just like any other mammal on Earth. Look at any mammal and you will see that the herd protects as much as possible their old, weaker, sick from predators.

I believe we are all not equal as in everyone wins, but I also believe we need to keep taking care of those who can not take care of themselves because of age, disabilities, employment situation, as long as they are not abusing the system by partying it up with said benefits. This goes for all races, creeds, religious befiefs, etc...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

We'll see how the next couple years go, i suspect things are going to get really bad.
And then society will snap, Occupy is going to make a full comeback, more organized then ever.

I agree on both counts and believe they will go hand in hand to accomplish what the elites want.

They want the Occupy movement to get more organized and radical at the same time, and are expecting as much as they have been changing our Constitutional rights regularly overnight.

The MSM has already began feeding the people that the OWS folks are nothing but dirty, selfish hippies and they should be basically removed from society. For all intents and purpose the OWS folks are doing a great thing so far, even though I am a conservative and do not believe in their cries for all the liberal entitlements they ask for, their core demands for financial reform, accountability by banks/governemnt is dead on with what needs to change. They need to stick with these 2 ideas instead of going off on tangents looking for complete nuclear reactor shut downs, student loan forgiveness, etc... these topics do not help their cause at all.

So I feel we are going to see OWS protestors rounded up regularly and some convicted as felons under that new HR 347 that was signed last week. Prisons will get so crowded that they will begin utilizing those FEMA fusion centers before next winter. That is one way they will decrease both unemploymancy, wellfare recipients, protesters and increase tax revenue to fund those camps and to pay for security there.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I have to say well done for looking at the problem and at least proposing an idea with some merit if it was truly a problem to have unemployment they would have fixed it by now though, remember the system is by design it is no more than a social experiment and we mere mortals who posses little but our love and life have very little choice in the economic systems of the planet, however I must applaud you for thinking in such ways.

As I see you were born in the 90's and are still very young, with this type of thought and the right amount of drive applied to the rest of your life im pretty sure you can succeed in whatever economy you find yourself in.

To pick up on the post I feel you should watch the film again with the view that money and time are just control mechanisms of a sophisticated yet sociopathic ruling elite whomever that may be at any chosen time. The saying "Time is Money" is true but lets not forget money is man made and has been many things in the past, the film quite brilliantly shows the unity between time and money and hence exposes the reality of what money's true purpose is , the distribution of money and time has to be perfectly allocated and accounted for as a means of control money doesn't give power to the user it empowers the maker.

We as sentient beings must awake and create a fair just standard for all people no one should suffer, I know 100% that I could do a better job helping humanity than any world leader, why wouldn't I at least I tell the truth.

Sometimes I think about situations such as you post and wonder when will they sort it but I then come to the conclusion that they wont until the experiment is over, ran its course or failed until then we wait and who knows it may be sooner than we think.

edit on 17-3-2012 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
reply to post by Wolf321

What do you think will happen when the house of cards come tumbling down?

I don't know too much about it because I wasn't even born yet or very young (born in 93), but I heard the late 70's, 80's, and early 90's were a good time for innovation, business, and getting a good job. What was different then than now, Is it just jobs being shipped overseas and less corruption?
edit on 16-3-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

What was different? Americans were not so obsessed with cheap material items. We manufactured goods here and we paid a little more and purchased a few less items. The government employment base was not half of the workforce. We were not choked out by a huge deficit and we were not a nation of "entitlements".

Floating around 11 air craft carrier groups, giving foreign aid to every country (sharing the wealth, you can see how much good that does internationally) and stop allowing our elections to be hijacked by corporations and super wealthy people might be a good place to start looking.

I applaud you for sticking your neck out suggesting a solution, just not sure that is the first place I would start. Being the worlds police/bully is probably a good place to start. We could make that 8 hundred billion look like chump change reigning in our military and foreign aid. Offer the corporations and super rich incentives (yes pay them even more) to start reinvesting hundreds of billions rebuilding America!

Start better relations with our neighbors (Mexico and Canada) and become energy independent. Restructure our education system to allow kids to choose between standard (useless and politically correct current curriculum) and trade schools. Real trades that offer futures, like learning how to be an aerospace mechanic (air travel will triple by 2030), how to work with composites, robotics, drones, etc.. How about continuing funding NASA and space to keep kids interested in science, math and innovation by looking up to astronauts.

I just realized I could go on forever. Man things are really messed up!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by TKDRL

And that again reinforces my belief that what we truly need are anti-trust laws enforced, to prevent these huge mega-corporations from existing and to encourage competition, and less regulation otherwise to allow small businesses to start up and keep competition, innovation, and improvement alive and well.

TheRedneck

Who is we? Why don't people just quit buying from these mega corporations. The reason small businesses fail is because the people complaining about big corporations continue to support them. The logic, why pay $2.00 for a roll of duct tape at Lewis Hardware (local owner) when I can go to Home Depot (Giant Corp) and buy it for $1.49.

Not to put words in your mouth Red, but if I understand you, you want the government to step in and protect us because we are too weak to take matters into our own hands. I think if people would quit arguing and come together and use the power of our numbers we can force change. We (the masses) need to do it so it will last. The government is not going to bite the hand that feeds them!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats

You are oversimplifying. Why do people shop at walmart? Because they can barely afford to live, and need to stretch their dollar as far as it can go. Also, a lot of places no longer even have any small mom and pop places left, without driving hours to get there.

I am lucky, I live in the sticks, there is nothing but small businesses here. Not everyone is that lucky though.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Originally posted by Leftist
No boss is worth 700, 400, 300, 100, 50 or even 10 times as much as the lowest-paid worker.

This is a self-made problem. As long as investors think that the job being done by a CEO is worth that much AND as long as people are wiling to work for an agreed upon wage AND people are willing to buy the products and services of companies who do those things then no wrong is done.

Those are three levels of checks and balances in capitalism that allow for freedom, choice and responsibility.

"people are willing to work for an agreed upon wage"......are you kidding?....as with everything, please educate yourself to the reason why the minimum wage was first enacted into law...hint: it WASN'T because wealthy owners sat around with employees and agreed upon a wage.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NonC0nf0rmist
Funny thing is, if we stop the wars we increase unemploymancy from all the soldiers entering back into the system. There will be layoff by the factories who create products for military personell. Not just bombs and weapons, but the people on the factory lines that make trauma kits, boots, boot soles, jackets, canteens, helmets,etc... get the picture?

More people = more competition. More competition = greater efficiency. Greater efficiency = higher production. Higher production = more jobs. More jobs = economic growth. Economic growth = prosperity. Prosperity = equality and happiness. Equality and happiness = innovation.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats

You have it backwards Sharp.
Sorry to be blunt.

Is it the CEO and his policies that are responsible for the companies success, or is it the assembler on line 13?
Is it the policies of the US Government and those embedded in it that are responsible for the current condition we
find ourselves in, or because citizen number 13,433,344 bought at Walmart instead of Sears?

In the 1980's, consumers bought higher priced items, than the ones today at Walmart, because that was what was available. Consumers will buy whatever is available and whatever they can afford.

They have no uniting nor controlling power like the elite at the top do.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist
There is little point trying to convince those who don't see wealth redistribution as a good thing, at least in threads like this.

However, it should be noted that human nature is such that it won't admit of vast inequality for long. Human beings have the capacity to suffer privation together, but something innate and primitive in us knows when things that are not fair are taking place. No boss is worth 700, 400, 300, 100, 50 or even 10 times as much as the lowest-paid worker.

If you can't bring yourself to see wealth redistribution as the absolute good it so clearly is, at least have the common sense and lack of denial to acknowledge that the stability of society is threatened when inequality reaches a certain level.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

You need to go live in China for a while to see how wealth redistribution works. Or try the USSR. Oh wait - they don't exist any more, DO THEY?

I love all you marxists on here with your communist manifesto utopian ideas. You are so out of touch with reality it is scary.

Marxism = been there, done that. Doesn't work. Next idea.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution