It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems With U2U Notification

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I've started noticing that I no long received U2U notifications unless it is a message sent by the staff. Twice over the past few weeks I have received U2U's from other members without any kind of notification and did not become aware of their existence until I received an official ATS U2U. The strange thing was that they were also already marked as read. I haven't changed any settings on my end so I don't know what could be causing this.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

This question has come up and been answered before. Apparently if someone sends you a U2U and then clicks on it in their outbox again before you read it, it is marked as read in your inbox. I think it's a small bug or glitch but I do remember reading it in a thread where someone thought someone else had access to their account. Hope it helps.

ETA The above explanation might not be 100% correct but it was something along those lines. I'm sure someone else can chime in who remembers the details better.
edit on 16/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

You are 100% correct

If a Member sends you a communication and then goes into their outbox to see if you have read it, or to check what they sent you, the message will show as read in your mailbox

join